If the NCAA Wants to Have a Season: Make Sure Every Athlete had a COVID Vaccination

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It'll help but of course the vaccine doesn't stop you from contracting the virus it only minimizes the effects substantially. Good idea

That’s coming down the pipe but will there be enough for all athletes at one time and you might as well vaccinate everyone on the staff to begin with as a lot work work all sports

Seasons are going to happen no matter what. Schools and leagues are just going to push through regardless of how many cases and postponements. We’ve seen it in all sports so far. The only thing that might force the NCAA to re-evaluate things are deaths. Until people start dying, the games will go on.

Seasons are going to happen no matter what. Schools and leagues are just going to push through regardless of how many cases and postponements. We’ve seen it in all sports so far. The only thing that might force the NCAA to re-evaluate things are deaths. Until people start dying, the games will go on.

I think after we got through the fall without any deaths in FBS football, it's gonna be full steam ahead until people die

The SWAC did the right thing to postpone the fall season and see where things would be in the Spring. Now that it appears that everyone else in all the other sports are gonna push through this, no need for any more delays from the SWAC either. Not saying that it's the smartest move but at this point we just have to pray and hope for the best.

I think after we got through the fall without any deaths in FBS football, it's gonna be full steam ahead until people die

The SWAC did the right thing to postpone the fall season and see where things would be in the Spring. Now that it appears that everyone else in all the other sports are gonna push through this, no need for any more delays from the SWAC either. Not saying that it's the smartest move but at this point we just have to pray and hope for the best.
McClelland said at SWAC Media Day that he anticipates there will be stoppages in play during the season ... but the league likely won't pause unless it becomes really problematic to play. The conference has already not been able to play 25 (men and women) conference basketball games so far and still pushing through.

Athletes will not get pushed to the head of the line just so they can play.

What are you thoughts.....athletes can't be kept in a bubble.
IDK if you can force an entire program (coaching staff, stadium and facility workers, gameday personnel etc...) to undergo testing and subsequent vaccines to make playing worth it. The government can't force you to take the vaccine unless under certain circumstances so I doubt a private entity, even one as controlling as the NCAA, can do much better.

Athletes will not get pushed to the head of the line just so they can play.

Not saying what I heard but I do know there have been public entities contract with local health clinics to vaccinate their employees so if you have funds you can move to the front

Nfl nba etc ain’t trying to do it but they have access - commissioner of nba even said they won’t try to move to the front a few months ago which meant they were offered

Back