8 HBCU marching bands in the We Are One virtual Inauguration Parade

Everett Pulliam Jr

-8RE1vun

A total of eight HBCU marching bands will participate in the We Are One virtual event celebrating the diversity of America in advance of the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden. Vice President-elect Kamala Harris is also slated to speak.

We Are One will stream live on Tuesday, Jan. 19, from 7 – 8:30 p.m. CST at bideninaugural.org/watch and on Urban One, HBCU Grad, NowThis, Revolt TV, The Source, The Shade Room, BET, The Grio TV, Daily Kos, Watch The Yard, Blavity, and on NBC Peacock TV — on The Choice, which is Peacock’s free, exclusive news channel.

The Presidential Inaugural Committee — WE ARE ONE Event Participants:

• Jackson State University

• Florida A&M University Marching 100

• Grambling State University World Famed Marching Band

• Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South

• Louisiana Leadership Institute Middle & High School All-star Band

• South Carolina State University Marching 101

• Southern University Human Jukebox Marching Band

• Tennessee State University Aristocrat of Bands

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/01/18/hbcu-marching-bands-featured-in-inaugural-celebration/
Modify message

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Has their ever been this many hbcu bands in one inauguration??? I am pretty sure the 2 assistants at SU are over Louisiana Leadership band.

Has their ever been this many hbcu bands in one inauguration??? I am pretty sure the 2 assistants at SU are over Louisiana Leadership band.
Yes, the Louisiana Leadership Band is a clone of the Human Jukebox, and whose practice facilities are located within the shadows of the SU campus.

Hmmm... kinda hate they rammed them all together in a segment like that but still very historic. If there's nothing else planned this would make HBCU's the only bands to participate in this inauguration. Certainly the majority of bands at minimum.

AT&T Uverse carried it in some places. I would think this will certainly be out there on YouTube before too long. The whole thing was amazing.

Speaking of the Presidential Inaugural, how does one explain Howard University Marching Band dancers' wearing those skimpy outfits in the dead of winter in Washington, DC? The temperature must have been in the upper 30s/lower 40s. All of the participants were wearing coats and other winter essentials. Not just Howard's band, but all hbcus, how do you wear in dead of winter the same outfits you wear in August and September? It looks inappropriate! If we are, as we say, all about excellence, shouldn't that excellence apply to our decision-making relative to the appropriateness of the attire our dancers wear and when they wear it?
1611383012431.png

Last edited:
Speaking of4 the Presidential Inaugural, how does one explain Howard University march band dancers' wearing those skimpy outfits in the dead of winter in Washington, DC? The temperature must have been in the upper 30s/low 40s. All of the participants were wearing coats and other winter essentials. Not just Howard's band, but all hbcus, how do you wear in dead of winter the same outfits you wear in August and September? It looks inappropriate! If we are, as we say, all about excellence, shouldn't that excellence apply to our decision-making relative to the appropriateness of the attire our dancers wear and when they wear it?
View attachment 11536
View: https://youtu.be/99cFbNz6pCU

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Speaking of4 the Presidential Inaugural, how does one explain Howard University march band dancers' wearing those skimpy outfits in the dead of winter in Washington, DC? The temperature must have been in the upper 30s/low 40s. All of the participants were wearing coats and other winter essentials. Not just Howard's band, but all hbcus, how do you wear in dead of winter the same outfits you wear in August and September? It looks inappropriate! If we are, as we say, all about excellence, shouldn't that excellence apply to our decision-making relative to the appropriateness of the attire our dancers wear and when they wear it?
View attachment 11536
Are you including Southern in your question about the dancer’s uniform?

Last edited:
When PV did the inaugural parade, the Black Foxes wore sleeves and pants. It was wet and ice cold that year. This year didnt seem as cold. The sun was out atleast.

Last edited:
"Not just Howard's band, but all hbcus," is what my comments said. That clearly should have answered your question.
I saw that and I thank you for not being biased. I’ve seen a lot of comments where people often contradict themselves.

I saw that and I thank you for not being biased. I’ve seen a lot of comments where people often contradict themselves.

If you saw that and realized he wasn’t being biased then why did you ask him if he was including the Dolls? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Back