Florida State vs. Clemson football game postponed hours before kickoff

EB

Florida State vs. Clemson football game postponed hours before kickoff
The Atlantic Coast Conference said medical personnel on both teams could not agree to the game happening as planned.

Author: Andrew Krietz
Published: 9:14 AM EST November 21, 2020
Updated: 9:21 AM EST November 21, 2020

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Today's scheduled home football game between Florida State University and Clemson University won't happen as planned.

The Atlantic Coast Conference said Saturday morning that both teams' medical personnel could not "mutually agree on moving forward with the game." Still, FSU and Clemson continue to follow health protocols as set by the conference, it continued.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
LOL if FSU was playing ANYBODY other than Clemson, this game would’ve been played.

This was about to be a beat down of EPIC proportions. Yeah, Clemson has a player test positive, but trust me, FSU would’ve played anybody else.

FSU has allowed fans into Doak without real social distancing and allowed players to high five fans and jump in the stands after beating UNC.

Also, this is Florida, everything is WIDE OPEN...but all of sudden, this game can’t happen? You already know this was about saving FSU from a smack down....

LOL if FSU was playing ANYBODY other than Clemson, this game would’ve been played.

This was about to be a beat down of EPIC proportions. Yeah, Clemson has a player test positive, but trust me, FSU would’ve played anybody else.

FSU has allowed fans into Doak without real social distancing and allowed players to high five fans and jump in the stands after beating UNC.

Also, this is Florida, everything is WIDE OPEN...but all of sudden, this game can’t happen? You already know this was about saving FSU from a smack down....
It kind of reminds me how LSU ran from that Bama beat down last week.....LOL

It kind of reminds me how LSU ran from that Bama beat down last week.....LOL
EXACTLY LOL

FSU only had one healthy scholarship QB...and a ton of players have opted out or entered the transfer portal.

I pull for the Noles as my P5, but trust me, FSU wanted no parts of Clemson. We’ve all seen the dumpster fire that is FSU football this year.

they are big mad here in clemson.

let them fools play and get sick all they want lol I refuse to give a shit about those who blatantly disregard the severity of this deadly virus...lol that shit gets old real quick.
But all those sick people will eventually overwhelm hospitals, which ultimately will affect a whole bunch of people.

FSU had COVID issues earlier this season and have gone so far as not allowing the players to go home for break. They’ve been real strict. No way they were gonna play Clemson knowing a player in its traveling party tested positive hours before the game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
FSU had COVID issues earlier this season and have gone so far as not allowing the players to go home for break. They’ve been real strict. No way they were gonna play Clemson knowing a player in its traveling party tested positive hours before the game.
No sir, FSU would’ve played if it wasn’t Clemson. Any school that’s playing sports/practicing right now aren’t going to allow students to travel home for the holidays.

FSU was the same school that players accused of not being truthful about tests over the summer.

If FSU wanted to play, they would’ve.

FSU hasn't had a positive covid result since the head coach had to miss the Miami game. Forget that the Clemson player only tested positive on Friday. The player showed symptoms all week, was allowed to practice, and travel. It wouldn't be surprising if more of their players tested positive in the next couple of days and they have to miss another week of football. FSU's medical staff absolutely made the correct decision putting the players safety over the game. It doesnt matter if they played this week or on Dec 12, they are still going to lose to Clemson by 50 so that's neither here nor there.

FSU hasn't had a positive covid result since the head coach had to miss the Miami game. Forget that the Clemson player only tested positive on Friday. The player showed symptoms all week, was allowed to practice, and travel. It wouldn't be surprising if more of their players tested positive in the next couple of days and they have to miss another week of football. FSU's medical staff absolutely made the correct decision putting the players safety over the game. It doesnt matter if they played this week or on Dec 12, they are still going to lose to Clemson by 50 so that's neither here nor there.
I haven’t heard anything about him having symptoms all week. Sure I’ll hear tomorrow if that was the case.

A Clemson backup offensive lineman tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday. He took the test on Friday morning in Clemson and the team was informed on Friday night of his positive test after arriving in Tallahassee.

The player had gone home during Clemson’s off weekend last week and had not felt well. He took an antigen test at home and was negative. He returned to campus and was held out of practice on Monday. He felt better on Tuesday and was cleared to practice and tested negative for the virus on Wednesday. So while he showed some symptoms, they were not classic COVID-19 symptoms – loss of taste/smell or respiratory issues. They were more flu-like symptoms, which doctors waited to dissipate before clearing him to practice.

Two things can be true.

1. FSU made the right call
2. FSU absolutely made that call to avoid a whoopin’.

Back