Ice Cube Tap Dancing for Trump

Storm96

Not surprised since he's been actively working to suppress the Black vote on social media. Now would also be a good time for Jim Brown and Steve Harvey to brief us of what deliverables were met from their Trump "meetings" 4 years ago.

Cube is not lying, but now is not the time. Trump had four years to do right by us and didn't do it. What makes anyone think that he is going to change during a second term when he knows he's a lame duck? What we've seen from Trump is that he's a "double down" SOB.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Not surprised since he's been actively working to suppress the Black vote on social media. Now would also be a good time for Jim Brown and Steve Harvey to brief us of what deliverables were met from their Trump "meetings" 4 years ago.

Are these black dudes getting paid on the backend?

Ice Cube's basketball league was also heavily financed by associates of Steve Bannon. Follow the money!

Anyway, dude is nothing more than a new fool. Of all of the Black men who have spent their lives studying economics, developing policy, introducing legislation, revitalizing communities, etc what makes Ice Cube qualified to discuss and negotiate these issues on behalf of Black folks?

The name "Platinum Plan" is condescending and an insult to Black folks with any sense of pride.

Ice Cube's basketball league was also heavily financed by associates of Steve Bannon. Follow the money!

Anyway, dude is nothing more than a new fool. Of all of the Black men who have spent their lives studying economics, developing policy, introducing legislation, revitalizing communities, etc what makes Ice Cube qualified to discuss and negotiate these issues on behalf of Black folks?

The name "Platinum Plan" is condescending and an insult to Black folks with any sense of pride.
BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stole your thought. If you need compensation I will gladly pay you February 31st.

Oshea Jackson is a capitalist folks, not a black-nationalist capitalist some of us wish he was. He had a lot of expert help drafting that plan, but I doubt he had a consensus blessing from that help to pitch it this close to election day.

He's not dumb, he knew the trump campaign would use his celebrity status kanye/kardashian style to selfishly serve their purpose.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Cube is obviously an idiot out over his skis, but it has been comical watching people get mad at him for reaching out to the GOP all while supporting a candidate who's entire candidacy is about how he'll reach out to the GOP.

Here the thing from my point of view. He is not dealing with a rational person who is a fair thinking/leaning individual. The things he says could work with someone who is not the personification of evil. There is no way in hell this person or anyone associated with him can be trusted. If he (Ice Cube) is from the street he should know this. He should be able to see this for what it is.

To rectify this all he had to do was make a statement saying he had not met with *rump, only members of his campaign staff and the person who made the tweet he has no idea who she is. But no, he wants to sit on Roland's show pouting because he is getting backlash from the appearance they projected of him supporting *rump.

There is a larger discussion to be had about Black celebrities, as illustrated by Diddy trying to launch a political party 2 weeks before an election and people like Jay-Z before him, trying to position themselves as leaders on issues instead of using their platform and resources to amplify ongoing efforts.

Hell, I would have preferred Killa Mike to go and speak on my behalf over Icing.
Hell, send T.I. and Tiny for that matter.

"I'll never have dinner with the President." I bet Eazy is turning over in his grave. Can't trust them Westcoast kneegrows....

Last edited:
To paraphrase a quote: We have determine what you are, now we are negotiating price!
:tiptoe:

Hmmm, I thought the interview with Roland Martin, Cube, and the lady from BLM was interesting. I haven't been following Ice Cube's track with trying to get his group's CWBA on Dem & Republican's planks. What I will say is I understand what he is trying to do. Unfortunately, Trump is a lying, deceitful, racist, xenophobe that would never implement important demands in his CWBA. If one just looks at the republicans chicanery with the infrastructure half of billion contentions that it is for the black community shows quickly that they are not serious.

I don't believe Cube is an Uncle Tom. What I believe is he's frustrated, a bit misguided, and rightfully displeased with what both parties have netted for ADOS. What I also believe is if he can forge a working relationship with the black lady from BLM, both groups can benefit tremendously. However, she can't use language like, it's not your turn and you need to get in line and wait your turn for the venture to be successful. Lastly, what I believe is he isn't politically astute and didn't understand the CBC's efforts and why they haven't been successful.

Back