Jesse Jackson calling on athletes not to attend Kentucky or Louisville

Alasuq

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Those two universities had nothing to do with Breonna Taylor being killed. I'm HBCU to the core but this isn't what I would advocate.

I would’ve called for groups to not hold conventions and other high attended meetings in Louisville — unless it’s at the Ali Center **shrugs**
Propose an economic embargo on the state.

Those two universities had nothing to do with Breonna Taylor being killed. I'm HBCU to the core but this isn't what I would advocate.
I disagree. Actions have consequences. And there are times when actions lead to unintended consequences. This is one of those times. The economic power structure doesn't give in to protesters, marches, or rallies. But it will when it comes to sports and money.

UK and Louisville may not have had anything to do with the killing of Breonna Taylor, but the local municipalities/governing body that oversee those institutions did.

I disagree. Actions have consequences. And there are times when actions lead to unintended consequences. This is one of those times. The economic power structure doesn't give in to protesters, marches, or rallies. But it will when it comes to sports and money.

UK and Louisville may not have had anything to do with the killing of Breonna Taylor, but the local municipalities/governing body that oversee those institutions did.

It’s a shame you had to type that. smh Lawd...

“There’s a leeeeeeeakkkk in dizzzzz houuuuuuuuzzzze....”

I can see boycotting events but to tell students not to attend them academically just doesn't sit as the right approach for me. I'm pro HBCU to the fullest, but I recognize that some of our students will attend these institutions either because of their intended major or they just "like" the school.

I feel where you're coming from but those schools ain't cause this... it's the "grinning ass AG" who is politically loyal more so than he is morally responsible.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I know Jesse has used events to personally help himself, but in most cases Brother Jackson, Sr. make valid points. He was the first to point out the blatant inaccuracies of the drug war, where Blacks people in this country don't own the planes, boats, or wherever to transport drugs into this country. Ironically, people like Barry Seal were made into heroes in movies. Barry Seal ran the biggest drugs and guns flight operation out of Arkansas during the height of crack-cocaine epidemic with the help of Oliver North and the CIA. His people flew drugs and guns in and out of Central and South American into this country.

Last edited:
You know, I feel you on that one too. And while nothing may become of it, because its Jesse who is suggesting it be done, but I think he's right on this one.

I know of one individual that asked for Jesse to help on a matter. He told him for a fee of $5,000 that he would come show his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
You two radicals had better be careful or you will piss off some local-posting “hbcu grads” who are more pro-pwi/hwcu than HBCUism lol.

*moaning* “there’s a leeeeeak in this housssssssse....”

Don't say anything about civil rights activist Nick Saban aka "A coach called Moses" or that'll really trigger them.

You know... I really didn't read the original post accurately at all. I was thinking in terms of students and not athletes. Oh, I ain't got no problem with athletes not going there.
You beat me to the punch. I was just about to say that Jackson wasn't talking about kids not going to school for academics. But academics ain't sexy. He's talking about sports. And he wasn't just talking about student-athletes either.

You know, I feel you on that one too. And while nothing may become of it, because its Jesse who is suggesting it be done, but I think he's right on this one.

Regarding Jesse is always out for himself, that's not always true of Jesse (speaking from personal knowledge but will not elaborate).

Regarding Jesse is always out for himself, that's not always true of Jesse (speaking from personal knowledge but will not elaborate).
JROCK, that's not my personal position on Jesse. I'm speaking for those who do have a problem with him.

Great move by Jackson. This stings Louisville and Kentucky. Plus, sends a strong message to the other Power 5 conferences. Unfortunately, it is sports that drives America in some aspect. This will force those coaches in Kentucky to come together like the Mississippi coaches to seek change.

Great move by Jackson. This stings Louisville and Kentucky. Plus, sends a strong message to the other Power 5 conferences. Unfortunately, it is sports that drives America in some aspect. This will force those coaches in Kentucky to come together like the Mississippi coaches to seek change.

Kentucky and Louisville-two schools who don't have an issue getting KIDS. Those 2 schools could stop recruiting and get top players without trying.
All they are going to do is go after someone else.
They don't get John Wall. They get Bradley Beal
Florida loses Beal. They go get James Harden.
Arizona State lose Harden. They get Buddy Hield. And so on.
Until HBCUS. Depaul took Maurice Howard-who does Alcon get?

Or Kentucky gets Maurice Howard and he turns into a first round draft pick. DON'T think they won't rub it in that this kid was planning on going to Alcon State but top player John Wall in protest.

A bigger and better message would be our HBCUS don't take those beat down checks.
Players at those schools that play them-don't play. Forfeit a few games. Other school forfeit games.
Boycott sponsors of those games.
If you must go to a game wear a color that is so annoying that it can't help but get noticed. Lime Green shirts a game. Someone on air is going to ask that is that.
At the public school level-BAN those schools. They get no on campus access to any student.
Work with other schools to get kids who WOULD go to Kentucky to not go.

Back