Wondrous Wisdom from the Word: September 2020

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Did you all know that today, September 22nd, is the 266th day of this year? You know what that means? It means that in 100 days, if the Lord says so, we will see the end of 2020! Wow!

I've been thinking about this all day, how I remember celebrating and thanking God for allowing me to see a new day, a new year, and a new decade back in January; and here I am, by the grace of the Lord Jesus, I sit and reflect on all that's happened so far, and how we're not far away from another new year. I still don't understand how so many people can be so anxious about wanting 2020 to be over rather than thank God for each day this year, and use this time to sit and think about Him and how to be better in Him, how to live better for Him, and how to utilize the time, talents, and treasures entrusted to us by Him to serve Him and His kingdom better.

It may not seem like it, but we have so much to be thankful for, and one of those things is this time God has given us to be still and know that He is God. This year, despite the corona virus, has given us a wonderful opportunity to do some self-reflection. This is a good time to sit and allow God to reveal to us, and for us to hear Him. It's a good time to get back to basics with Him, go back to the beginning, when it was just you and Him, one-on-one Worship and praise.

Thank you for letting me share this. As always, I pray each of you (and your loved ones) are still well, happy, healthy, and in good spirit. Please continue to follow the safety guidelines during this pandemic (good hand hygiene, social distancing, wear your masks when in public). I will return tomorrow with the 7th "I AM" on tomorrow.

Did you all know that today, September 22nd, is the 266th day of this year? You know what that means? It means that in 100 days, if the Lord says so, we will see the end of 2020! Wow!

I've been thinking about this all day, how I remember celebrating and thanking God for allowing me to see a new day, a new year, and a new decade back in January; and here I am, by the grace of the Lord Jesus, I sit and reflect on all that's happened so far, and how we're not far away from another new year. I still don't understand how so many people can be so anxious about wanting 2020 to be over rather than thank God for each day this year, and use this time to sit and think about Him and how to be better in Him, how to live better for Him, and how to utilize the time, talents, and treasures entrusted to us by Him to serve Him and His kingdom better.

It may not seem like it, but we have so much to be thankful for, and one of those things is this time God has given us to be still and know that He is God. This year, despite the corona virus, has given us a wonderful opportunity to do some self-reflection. This is a good time to sit and allow God to reveal to us, and for us to hear Him. It's a good time to get back to basics with Him, go back to the beginning, when it was just you and Him, one-on-one Worship and praise.

Thank you for letting me share this. As always, I pray each of you (and your loved ones) are still well, happy, healthy, and in good spirit. Please continue to follow the safety guidelines during this pandemic (good hand hygiene, social distancing, wear your masks when in public). I will return tomorrow with the 7th "I AM" on tomorrow.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I AM

(The True Vine; The Vine)
John 15: 1,5 (KJV)

In the 1st Chapter of Genesis, God is immediately introduced as Creator. The chapter goes on to record the works of God, specifically using the term "create/created"(or Greek "bārā’). This term is used 3 times in the Chapter (1, 21, and 27). In Genesis 1:1, He created the firmament; Genesis 1:21, He created the creatures of the seas; and in Genesis 1:27 He created man.
After God created what He was going to create, He then made things out of what He created. When He was ready to make what He was to make, He did not speak to that which He was making it from, but spoke to that which He would bring it out from. Confused? Example:

-When God was ready to bring forth grass, He spoke to the ground: "Earth bring forth seed, yielding after its own kind"-Genesis 1:11
-When God was ready to bring forth fish, He spoke to the seas (waters), "Bring forth abundance of fish"-Genesis 1:21
-When God was ready to make man, He spoke to Himself; "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"-Genesis 1:26

Now, whatever God made anything from, it had to stay connected with in order to live. For grass to continue to live, grass had to stay connected to the ground. For fish to continue to continue to live, fish had to stay connected with the water. For man to keep living, man had/has to stay connected with God. But if you want to kill any of these, just pull them up from or separate them from their connection. If you want to kill grass, pull it up from the ground. If you want to kill fish, take them out of the water. If you want to kill man, separate him from God!
(A portion of the above is taken from the sermon of Dr. F. Ray, Jr)

"I AM the true vine; I AM the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without Me, ye can do nothing"-John 15:1,5 (KJV)

A couple days ago at my job, I was working in my assigned rotation when the printer I had been using all day stopped working. We have new analyzers that come with printers that print off patient results. Field service engineers have been in the department due to some issues we've been having, and their job required them to shut down one of the instruments and go underneath to look at motherboards and the electrical connections of the instruments. In error, they forgot to re-plug the cable that connects to the printer. Because the printer had no power, I could not perform my job as patient data entry.

While these verses in the 15th Chapter of John primarily tell us how we can be spiritually productive and successful in Christ, it also speaks volumes of the importance of our relationship with Him. As He is the giver of life, Jesus is the source of our everything that we need in order to live both physically and spiritually. He is the source of our provision, power, protection, and peace. We can literally DO NOTHING if we are not connected to/with Him (Acts 17:28). When we become separated from Him we no longer benefit from His peace, provision, power, and protection. When become separated from Him, we are, in a sense, spiritually dead, which puts us on the path of physical death.

During this time especially, stay connected. Remain grounded in God, connected with/to Christ, and holding to the Holy Spirit. Be empowered by His power through your faith, trust, belief in Jesus AND your relationship with Him. And watch the success you'll have through Him!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ keep you healthy, happy, safe, and in good spirit! May God bless you!

Back