CBSS reports Southern Miss FB Coach Hopson Resigns

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well, well, well. Looks like there’s a fly in the ointment........but I’m on the outside looking in.

And @swac4life you sorta, kinda, just about, probably, could’ve, almost got it right.....
but I think there’s a twist to the story too.

But you have to get there 1st before you can even consider stepping out of bounds.

I wonder if that player and Comegy stayed in contact. 20 years from then they probably will be laughing and saying how that one play cost Comegy his job. Meyers couldn't stand to see another defeat from SU, but that's when things went from bad to worse and JSU hasn't beat SU since.

Last edited:
but Mississippi State and Ole Miss are the red head step child of the SEC along with Vandy. Hell they play in a 60k stadiums....

60k is pretty decent in the ACC. The Big Ten and the SEC are the two premier football conferences. Due to the lucrative TV contracts, Vandy would never leave the SEC. The school focus more academics anyways.

I wonder if that player and Comegy stayed in contact. 20 years from then they probably will be laughing and saying how that one play cost Comegy his job. Meyers couldn't stand to see another defeat from SU, but that's when things went from bad to worse and JSU hasn't beat SU since.
Really? Great story.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Okay, I am going to say it again then leave it alone because some of you just don't get it. There is a triple curse on Jsu. It cannot be broken by cleaning up for Covid-19. You have the curse of Jacque Walsh (soul and heartbreaking curse), Comegy (theft and betrayal curse) & Harold Jackson (cruit Sippi then Texas curse). To make matters worse, the curse steered you to Texas. Ashley came from Waller County and brought his PV & MVSU football pedigree with him and is now "laying hands" on Jsu football. The football gods have grown weary of you all playing in Confederate Memorial Stadium as well. Jsu football is in a hell of a fix.......smh & LOL

Okay, I am going to say it again then leave it alone because some of you just don't get it. There is a triple curse on Jsu. It cannot be broken by cleaning up for Covid-19. You have the curse of Jacque Walsh (soul and heartbreaking curse), Comegy (theft and betrayal curse) & Harold Jackson (cruit Sippi then Texas curse). To make matters worse, the curse steered you to Texas. Ashley came from Waller County and brought his PV & MVSU football pedigree with him and is now "laying hands" on Jsu football. The football gods have grown weary of you all playing in Confederate Memorial Stadium as well. Jsu football is in a hell of a fix.......smh & LOL

Please come "LOL" & like his post. Hopefully it’s funny this time around.

but Mississippi State and Ole Miss are the red head step child of the SEC along with Vandy. Hell they play in a 60k stadiums....

MSU and Ole Miss are charter members of the SEC though. Hail State fans are somewhat reasonable and were happy with being somewhat competitive every few years with Dan Mullen. Ole Miss fans are the unreasonable ones who think they belong with Alabama and LSU.

Neither of them need a 100K seat stadium. 55-60K is perfect for both of them

Please come "LOL" & like his post. Hopefully it’s funny this time around.

Look, this is really tough for me to tell you this (okay not really) LOL Jsu will complete their 2021 Covid-19 spring season at 2-5. Remember, you heard it here first......(Congratulations on your 1-0 season start).

Back