CBSS reports Southern Miss FB Coach Hopson Resigns

Does he/would he return back to the SWAC to prove himself as a HC or does he just go and be a FBS assistant for a year or so (since his salary for the rest of the season is good from USM)

Last edited:

I know it must suck for coaches when they fail to transition that same level of success from one level to the next. Most of the So. Miss fans didn’t want him from the jump anyways. He was fighting to earn their support. Oh well. He’ll be aight. One thing I do know. Athletic coaches will be just fine. They always get another job. And the salaries are always enough to take care of them.

I know it must suck for coaches when they fail to transition that same level of success from one level to the next. Most of the So. Miss fans didn’t want him from the jump anyways. He was fighting to earn their support. Oh well. He’ll be aight. One thing I do know. Athletic coaches will be just fine. They always get another job. And the salaries are always enough to take care of them.
I also sure he has a backup plan in the shadows to go somewhere else as an OC or something

That guy that was the head coach at UAPB had just went down their to coach DB's this year....I know he hate he left a head coaching position for this.... of course he may be part of the reason Hopson had to step down. The DB's were horrible in the first game. .

That guy that was the head coach at UAPB had just went down their to coach DB's this year....I know he hate he left a head coaching position for this.... of course he may be part of the reason Hopson had to step down. The DB's were horrible in the first game. .

I don't feel sorry for him one bit lol

Not only because of the way he left but leaving to take a pay cut for a lame duck coach most KNEW was on the hot seat going into this season. He can only save face if he threw his name into the hat for the JSU job but would you trust him knowing how he left UAPB

I don't feel sorry for him one bit lol

Not only because of the way he left but leaving to take a pay cut for a lame duck coach most KNEW was on the hot seat going into this season. He can only save face if he threw his name into the hat for the JSU job but would you trust him knowing how he left UAPB
I believe he left UAPB because from the new AD he saw the writing on the wall.

Back