Trump loving folks in my hometown (Alexandria, LA) got what they voted for....

JAG89

THE NEW AMERICA'S TEAM
They are complaining that their sole cable/internet service provider (Suddenlink) is taking their money while providing inadequate services. The first thing Trump did when he took office was appoint someone to deregulate internet service providers and rollback net neutrality. Most dummies are too dumb to understand the direct impact of deregulations. They are too busy clinging to that racist Republican agenda, which makes no sense when it comes their best interest.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I assume that the internet service is so bad in my hometown that they can't take advantage of the many streaming TV services that are usually a lot cheaper than traditional cable with no contract. Last time I went home, I hooked up my Roku box at my brother's house in Alexandria, LA and his Suddenlink streaming service was really slow and horrendous (forget 4k), whereas I took it to my sister's house in Metairie, LA and it worked just fine with her AT&T's internet service. And people in my hometown are always wondering why companies keep passing them by and choosing other locations to setup shop. They even tried to lure Elon Musk's Tesla truck plant to Louisiana, but he made the decision to select Texas. Imagine Elon Musk not being able to access the internet due poor internet service.

Last edited:
I'm sure the oil and gas industries are another reason why they have inadequate internet service. Keep them in the dark while sucking them dry.

That's what I said, but Alexandria, LA, which is approximately 50k in population is like 60% to 65% Black. The parish (Rapides) that it is located in is approximately 130k in population and is like 30% Black, with majority of its Black population living in Alexandria. I just hate it for the homies who have to live in a city surrounded by so much blatant ignorance, which is quite common throughout the South.

Listen to this double talking crap from Louisiana State Representative Mike Johnson (R). He is not for regulations, but Suddenlink is an essential service that he thinks needs to be regulated. What gets me, now they are an essential service that needs to be regulated by the Public Service Commission like other utilities. I'm going to laugh my ass off if they get rid of Suddenlink and another company comes in and screws them worse than Suddenlink, since there no way to regulate cable companies/internet service providers. Now these cable companies are forcing unnecessary streaming devices down people's throats and charging their customers a monthly fee for them by calling it a cable box. The Obama Administration had once made cable companies use any personal streaming device, such as Roku, Fire Stick, Apple TV, etc. as an alternative to their cable box. They should change the name of the Republican Party to the Screw Over the Consumer Party.

Last edited:
Bat crap crazy Republicans sounding like someone in President Obama's Administration. Trying to compare a cable/internet service provider company (Suddenlink) to an electricity company (CLECO), when it was his party's philosophy that said the two are different, which paved the way to lessen the FCC regulations of cable/internet service provider companies. This is too funny.

Last edited:
This Suddenlink mess in Louisiana is getting sillier and sillier every day. Now U.S. Senator John Kennedy is calling for actions against Suddenlink on the Capitol's floor. What Senator Kennedy failed to say is that it was his Party's (Republican Party) decision to not regulate cable companies and internet service providers like public utilities, which is why Suddenlink doesn't have to be like most regulated utility companies when it comes to providing adequate service. And from the previous video I posted above with State Representative Mike Johnson (R), Suddenlink has money. They are in the process of acquiring some Canadian company for $6 billion dollars, basically monies they collected from poor Louisiana subscribers without providing adequate service. Maybe this will teach these dummies that not ALL government regulations are bad. Most regulations are in-place to protect consumers from predatory companies such as Suddenlink.

This Suddenlink mess in Louisiana is getting sillier and sillier every day. Now U.S. Senator John Kennedy is calling for actions against Suddenlink on the Capitol's floor. What Senator Kennedy failed to say is that it was his Party's (Republican Party) decision to not regulate cable companies and internet service providers like public utilities, which is why Suddenlink doesn't have to be like most regulated utility companies when it comes to providing adequate service. And from the previous video I posted above with State Representative Mike Johnson (R), Suddenlink has money. They are in the process of acquiring some Canadian company for $6 billion dollars, basically monies they collected from poor Louisiana subscribers without providing adequate service. Maybe this will teach these dummies that not ALL government regulations are bad. Most regulations are in-place to protect consumers from predatory companies such as Suddenlink.

When have the Republicans ever been concerned with protecting consumers?

Senator John Kennedy (R) full complaint about Suddenlink. From the video below, it sounds like he has very little knowledge on how internet service is provided. Suddenlink was having issues long before Hurricane Laura slammed into Louisiana, which tells me their system is totally inadequate for the number of customers they serve. Even if Suddenlink provides thousands of works to repair its system damaged from the hurricane, it still would take years for them to upgrade their system to adequately serve all their customers in Louisiana.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dIArZVqxKhg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

I doubt they learn. They never connect the dots. They are just happy to be hurting Black folk.

I doubt they learn. They never connect the dots. They are just happy to be hurting Black folk.

Hurting Black folks while hurting themselves, such as their health, safety, and welfare are being jeopardized due to Suddenlink's inability to provide adequate internet service. I guess they still have yet to receive the memo that internet service is now an essential part of most people's lives, especially when it comes to medical health services. And if by some miracle that one day they do start receiving adequate internet service, that part of Louisiana will probably start thriving. I'm sure when major companies look at areas to locate, the first thing they look at these days is the area's guaranteed internet speed (Mbps). And even after being guaranteed some huge tax break, no way a high-tech company such as Tesla would locate there with inadequate internet service. It's almost like they intentionally hold themselves back and then cry foul when the rest of the world passes them by. My recommendation to Senator John Kennedy (R) is to look at President Obama's FCC plan for net neutrality. It was a good plan heading in the right direction to regulate internet service providers (ISP), but like most things created under President Obama, the tRrump administration got rid of it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dop-zeBzbGc

Last edited:
I love watching BS sessions of folks own demise. Suddenlink has definitely gotten them in a spin cycle. If Suddenlink survives this debacle, I'm pretty sure they will jackup their prices on their customers and if they don't survive, they just might sue for wrongfully termination of their agreement without just cause. Damn if you do and damn if you don't, Louisiana needs to start doing the economic analysis on this to see which alternative (drop Suddenlink or keep them) is best for their citizens. Also, Louisiana needs to start regulating cable/internet service providers like other public utilities. I see Louisiana Senator Cleo Fields is a member of the Joint Commerce.

View: https://youtu.be/KcLGJroPeqE

Last edited:
Suddenlink's CEO met with officials in Lake Charles today. He was more direct, but still the same rhetoric. Nothing he said tells me they will improve their system in the future.

And I stand corrected in one of my previous post. It's $7.8 billion and not $6.0 billion acquisition of the Canadian company.

It seems like Suddenlink's CEO came to Louisiana with a plane full of campaign donations. The politicians sounded a little nicer when they were interviewed. Their responses were a stark contrast from a few days ago. I'm sure Suddenlink's system in Louisiana is still just as inadequate as it was a few days ago. All I can say, the poor people in my home state.

Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry has gotten involved. The last time I checked, Suddenlink hasn't broken any laws since they are not regulated or basically there aren't any laws (especially consumer affair laws) to be broken. Louisiana's business model is to let big industries screw over its citizens so that the politicians have a means of lining their pockets with peanuts. LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Back