Will Chicago ever get it together?

I am going to say something unpopular. The feds need to go there and clean that tihS up. Having said that, they need to get the hell out of Portland and never should have gone in the first place.

Those feds don't want to get on the real streets in Chicago and do anything. The minute they do that it will be war in the poverished sides of town. They don't want to fund the schools the way they need to be funded so these kids can actually learn. It started decades ago when they took the trades out of most of the schools and didn't replace them with something these kids could actually use. There are no jobs for people to make any kind of living on. They've pushed a lot of folks further out of the area where they grew up in and the gang violence is tough. Like Kendrick said, closing those schools where these kids got to cross gang lines is tough and those kids are getting killed for wearing the wrong colors or being on the wrong side of the street. You can see the difference from the southside to the westside to the northside of Chicago.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Those feds don't want to get on the real streets in Chicago and do anything. The minute they do that it will be war in the poverished sides of town. They don't want to fund the schools the way they need to be funded so these kids can actually learn. It started decades ago when they took the trades out of most of the schools and didn't replace them with something these kids could actually use. There are no jobs for people to make any kind of living on. They've pushed a lot of folks further out of the area where they grew up in and the gang violence is tough. Like Kendrick said, closing those schools where these kids got to cross gang lines is tough and those kids are getting killed for wearing the wrong colors or being on the wrong side of the street. You can see the difference from the southside to the westside to the northside of Chicago.

I think you answered part of my question.

I have always wondered how does looting solve the problem of an officer shooting an unarmed black male or child.

My question is simple...if I owned a store and looting started and I was in my store with guns shooting anybody that came broke in to steal would I be wrong?

Your response is part of the problem (status quo). Everyone knows what the problems are. What are the solutions, who is responsible and how to execute are the answers needed. As I stated earlier, sure some of the problems have been created by a WEAK city government which hasn't been prudent (common knowledge). Sure they need more commerce as I stated (common knowledge). Hell yes, they need boots on the streets and stop those thugs from running roughshod. While I'll agree it will never be crimeless, that hot mess needs to be mitigated. If Chicago cannot commit and don't have the moral authority to resolve their issues, someone else needs to go in and do it for them. BTW, if you think the feds can't end that tihs in Chicago, you're naive. However, we may not like the way it's done.

Last edited:
I have always wondered how does looting solve the problem of an officer shooting an unarmed black male or child.

My question is simple...if I owned a store and looting started and I was in my store with guns shooting anybody that came broke in to steal would I be wrong?

How does shooting an unarmed black male or child solve anything?

This is the rundown

Kendrick what is the solution? You seem to be hell bent on blaming government but not will allow people to take responsibility for their actions. You speak as if every situation in Chicago is the fault of the government. What about saggin that straight out there acting a donkey?

Kendrick what is the solution? You seem to be hell bent on blaming government but not will allow people to take responsibility for their actions. You speak as if every situation in Chicago is the fault of the government. What about saggin that straight out there acting a donkey?

When government dismantles access and opportunity and creates environments that make it nearly impossible to function, how do you expect folks impacted by that reality to behave? Seriously?

It's easy for the city to flood the area with police when shit goes down, but can't find anything in the budget to provide resources to the people. And we wonder why there is violence and crime and despair.

When government dismantles access and opportunity and creates environments that make it nearly impossible to function, how do you expect folks impacted by that reality to behave? Seriously?

It's easy for the city to flood the area with police when shit goes down, but can't find anything in the budget to provide resources to the people. And we wonder why there is violence and crime and despair.

So again what is your solution? Also, again if I am a business owner and looters decide to bust in my store and steal stuff and I have a gun in my hand somebody is going to get shot. How dare a person walk in and just take your stuff because they are mad and some other situation.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Ask the mofos in charge.

Who? Are black businesses safe for being looted? As I tell young black males that I speak to in prisons....”there is a movement going on and it would be disrespectful to the movement for you to get out and do the same things you were doing to get locked up. I know it will be hard but you are not alone.”

The biggest problem is there are not real conversations happening. We are willing to do what ever is necessary when a cop kills a black man but are we willing to do what is necessary when a black man kills a black man?

Kendrick believe me I'm not speaking negatively of the situation but seriously what is the plan? Each time my best friend from Chicago calls me I think he is calling to tell me something has happened. My wife's uncle was killed last year and he was an homeland security officer and got caught in crossfire from opposing people. So it hits home. I just get frustrated when I see our people looting. How will it help the situation by someone busting a window and taking a flat screen TV.....

Kendrick believe me I'm not speaking negatively of the situation but seriously what is the plan? Each time my best friend from Chicago calls me I think he is calling to tell me something has happened. My wife's uncle was killed last year and he was an homeland security officer and got caught in crossfire from opposing people. So it hits home. I just get frustrated when I see our people looting. How will it help the situation by someone busting a window and taking a flat screen TV.....

The looting is a result of the issues mentioned in previous posts. That gets fixed, you don't have to worry about the precious brick and mortar being harmed.

Back