Lou Williams

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think he legitimately went to grade some wings... poor judgement. We sometimes think “no big deal” but it is a big deal.

I think so, too. But the NBA has worked really hard -- and with great success -- to tamp down the spread of the coronavirus in Orlando.

And it wasn't like Williams grabbed a takeout order and left like most people have done to reduce exposure.

He was there for a while ... drinking, it appeared in the photo. Bars and clubs have been well documented as being incubators for COVID-19 infections. It just wasn't a smart move on his part. It was rather dangerous and sets a rather poor example. But, I can't be too hard on him because our leaders haven't set good examples, either.

I think so, too. But the NBA has worked really hard -- and with great success -- to tamp down the spread of the coronavirus in Orlando.

And it wasn't like Williams grabbed a takeout order and left like most people have done to reduce exposure.

He was there for a while ... drinking, it appeared in the photo. Bars and clubs have been well documented as being incubators for COVID-19 infections. It just wasn't a smart move on his part. It was rather dangerous and sets a rather poor example. But, I can't be too hard on him because our leaders haven't set good examples, either.
Depends on who you call leaders

Jenny Jarvie
LA TimesJuly 31, 2020

It was just a few minutes after 6 p.m. at the Magic City strip club — early for a place that does not get going until long after dark — and already the DJ was pumping out hip-hop and dancers not inclined to social distancing were slipping out of lacy bralettes, sheer thongs and neon G-strings.

On an elevated platform, Aries, a 25-year-old dancer with close-cropped bleached hair, shook in front of a man and woman sharing a hookah. The woman patted Aries’ nude bottom with a dollar bill. Then another and another.

As the coronavirus rages across the Deep South, it was this institution, immortalized in scores of rap songs, that Clippers guard Lou Williams visited last week after he left the NBA bubble to attend a funeral. The league responded by ordering Williams to quarantine for 10 days, forcing him to miss the first two games of the NBA restart, which began Thursday.

Back