The Football Season Should Be Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Don't worry it will be!

I mentioned this to a few city officials yesterday that imagine the hospitals in our area being over run with COVID19 patients. Imagine a small town like Grambling having an outbreak...it could take out the entire town. As I have said numerous times on here.....how much is an athlete's life worth?

It wont be cancelled. Yall acting slow. This is the master plan. If TxSo had 30.. i said THIRTY positive cases, what would happen? They would shut that shat down, right? AND if they had even hinted at keeping the other guys out there, they would have been BLASTED. But look at the white folks. lol Their plan is to get as many players and as many people in the general population as possible to be positive so we can move forward. These numbers are going up and everyone is sitting around like nothing is going on.

This is really a nightmare. What ever is best for the student-athletes I endorse. Personally, I don't think the season should happen as of today. However, I will leave it up to the students, parents, and college administrators. That is for me, I am staying away from the general public as much as possible though bored as hell. I am working from home and probably have pissed several people off because I'm not accepting company unless it's for a damn good reason and even then asking questions.

Morehouse is canceling all fall sports. SWAC schools need to do the same
That won’t happen, we will play games without fans before the season is canceled. Players safety is not as big of concern as that of the general public. Good, bad or indifferent, the demographic that makes up collegiate football teams are not considered “high risk” and therefore not viewed as a public safety threat. They will be reasonably isolated and checked far more frequently than the general public. This gives them enough cover to proceed.

Republicans are going full bore ahead on herd immunity. Republicans see they messed up by not going toward herd immunity initially. And, frankly, what Republicans are doing is the correct route. We have "hospitalizations" increasing but again covid cases are being lumped in with other hospitalizations. Also, we have an increase in cases but that's due to increased testing. Last I've read the mortality rate is down 90% and that has not changed. Pay attention how the media isn't even mentioning mortality rate right now. That's because the mortality rate is if anything decreasing while the media is there to push fear.

Lastly, pay attention to the nursing home investigations of the governors in NY, NJ, Penn, Michigan and California. Nursing home residents account for 40% of covid deaths yet in these 5 states the governors were sending sick nursing home residents back to their nursing homes and not leaving them in the hospitals even though the hospitals weren't packed. With these nursing homes under close scrutiny I don't think this "second wave" will amount to much.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Republicans are going full bore ahead on herd immunity. Republicans see they messed up by not going toward herd immunity initially. And, frankly, what Republicans are doing is the correct route. We have "hospitalizations" increasing but again covid cases are being lumped in with other hospitalizations. Also, we have an increase in cases but that's due to increased testing. Last I've read the mortality rate is down 90% and that has not changed. Pay attention how the media isn't even mentioning mortality rate right now. That's because the mortality rate is if anything decreasing while the media is there to push fear.

Lastly, pay attention to the nursing home investigations of the governors in NY, NJ, Penn, Michigan and California. Nursing home residents account for 40% of covid deaths yet in these 5 states the governors were sending sick nursing home residents back to their nursing homes and not leaving them in the hospitals even though the hospitals weren't packed. With these nursing homes under close scrutiny I don't think this "second wave" will amount to much.
Almost everything you typed is ”Male Bovine Excrement”! (Stole it from another site)😬😂

Preach!!

1. Republicans never took the virus seriously, to begin with. Led by Trump, who in the early stages of the pandemic, was saying the virus was under control, it will go away and the democrats were using the virus to hurt my re-election efforts. And then you have conservative media -- with the biggest reach of all media -- kowtowing to these ideas and influencing the public to be cavalier about it.

2. The country never has established a national mitigation effort plan. States and cities were left to figure it out on their own, and many states -- led by conservatives -- slow-played response to the virus in March and April because their situations were not as dire as New York. Such a plan could have both allowed the hospitals to not overrun while also not engaging the public in full-on lockdowns. But we didn't do that. No large-scale testing, tracking, and tracing plan were put into place. We still don't have that after four months.

3. Herd immunity is an uncertain strategy, nor it is proven to work long-term (or short-term for that matter) with this particular virus. Right now it is unknown how long immunity lasts with coronavirus. Some research suggests just a few months for people who have been infected. And since the virus affects individual people differently, we can't say herd immunity is the best route to go at this point. If we went full-blast into herd immunity, the death toll might be 200,000 or more right now instead of 120,000.

4. Current case surges aren't necessarily due to increased testing. Oklahoma, for example, saw a 220% increase in COVID cases in the last two weeks. Health officials said testing actually remained flat. Florida's cases rose by 71 percent over the last 10 days despite testing decreasing by 12 percent. Texas' cases rose by 39 percent though statewide testing dropped 10 percent. Nevada's infections jumped by 50 percent even though testing dropped by 28 percent. A good way to measure whether states are controlling the virus is by determining if testing equates to fewer positive cases. It's not a good sign to find more cases with testing. That is an indication that the virus is continuing to spread.

5. The mortality rate being down might be a good sign in theory. But, with cases increasing by the hundreds and thousands by the day in many states, deaths will rise. Death data tends to lag by several weeks as municipalities don't report them uniformly and people who get infected with COVID don't die immediately.

6. I would agree with you that governors should not have ordered sick elderly patients back into nursing homes. That obviously was a fatal and costly decision.

7. There won't be a second wave for now because we haven't -- as a country -- gotten out of the first one yet. Nearly all states opened up prematurely and leaders aren't mandating masks, social distancing measures, contact tracing, or placing limits on gathering size. What we are experiencing at this time is a result of decisions made three to four weeks ago. July likely won't be a friendly month for the U.S.

1. Republicans never took the virus seriously, to begin with. Led by Trump, who in the early stages of the pandemic, was saying the virus was under control, it will go away and the democrats were using the virus to hurt my re-election efforts. And then you have conservative media -- with the biggest reach of all media -- kowtowing to these ideas and influencing the public to be cavalier about it.

2. The country never has established a national mitigation effort plan. States and cities were left to figure it out on their own, and many states -- led by conservatives -- slow-played response to the virus in March and April because their situations were not as dire as New York. Such a plan could have both allowed the hospitals to not overrun while also not engaging the public in full-on lockdowns. But we didn't do that. No large-scale testing, tracking, and tracing plan were put into place. We still don't have that after four months.

3. Herd immunity is an uncertain strategy, nor it is proven to work long-term (or short-term for that matter) with this particular virus. Right now it is unknown how long immunity lasts with coronavirus. Some research suggests just a few months for people who have been infected. And since the virus affects individual people differently, we can't say herd immunity is the best route to go at this point. If we went full-blast into herd immunity, the death toll might be 200,000 or more right now instead of 120,000.

4. Current case surges aren't necessarily due to increased testing. Oklahoma, for example, saw a 220% increase in COVID cases in the last two weeks. Health officials said testing actually remained flat. Florida's cases rose by 71 percent over the last 10 days despite testing decreasing by 12 percent. Texas' cases rose by 39 percent though statewide testing dropped 10 percent. Nevada's infections jumped by 50 percent even though testing dropped by 28 percent. A good way to measure whether states are controlling the virus is by determining if testing equates to fewer positive cases. It's not a good sign to find more cases with testing. That is an indication that the virus is continuing to spread.

5. The mortality rate being down might be a good sign in theory. But, with cases increasing by the hundreds and thousands by the day in many states, deaths will rise. Death data tends to lag by several weeks as municipalities don't report them uniformly and people who get infected with COVID don't die immediately.

6. I would agree with you that governors should not have ordered sick elderly patients back into nursing homes. That obviously was a fatal and costly decision.

7. There won't be a second wave for now because we haven't -- as a country -- gotten out of the first one yet. Nearly all states opened up prematurely and leaders aren't mandating masks, social distancing measures, contact tracing, or placing limits on gathering size. What we are experiencing at this time is a result of decisions made three to four weeks ago. July likely won't be a friendly month for the U.S.
I’m glad you decided to type all this because I surely wasn’t, that’s why I stand by my statement above!

Your first sentence won't allow me to take you seriously.

I was about to say the same thing..

Sadly, when someone doesn't have a hive mind you think they're a plant. Since I'm a plant what would I find out here? I'll wait. I'm talking to Gram4life too. We come here and talk shit. Stop with the conspiracy. I just see things differently

There were independent studies done on how RW media played a part in spikes because people who consumed it didn't believe the virus was real or to not take it serious (compared to those who didn't watch). All came to the same result as far as people who watch media from those sources were more than likely to get it that people who don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back