Big South just added Robert Morris

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member

What an addition. So glad that NCAT is joining a league that surely will pack their stadium and get eyeballs watching them on TV/streaming

Damn. That's a 7-hour drive from Greensboro (434 miles) ... Hampton's the same time from there too.

So now the BS stretches all the way from Alabama to Pennsylvania and New Jersey? Is this the most expansive conference in the country, geographically? This is not good for A&T or Hampton. I have got a feeling A&T will, within 5 years, come clamouring back to the MEAC.

So now the BS stretches all the way from Alabama to Pennsylvania and New Jersey? Is this the most expansive conference in the country, geographically? This is not good for A&T or Hampton. I have got a feeling A&T will, within 5 years, come clamouring back to the MEAC.

I've been saying this.

Said this when it was just Monmouth and UNA in the Big South.

That water from the "whites only" fountain must taste great

I don't see them going back. I can see them trying to hitch their wagon to a swac move to fbs. They are looking for their ticket to fbs, and if we move they'll ask to come in.

Yea after Broadway’s recruits are gone...bottom feeder again.

I wish no bad on NC A&T.

It doesn’t seem like the BS conference has the same cost savings on travel thought process as they do. I hope they are recalculating what they are saving in travel cost. I’m sure the MEAC would be happy to hear them reneg on the move.

I wish no bad on NC A&T.

It doesn’t seem like the BS conference has the same cost savings on travel thought process as they do. I hope they are recalculating what they are saving in travel cost. I’m sure the MEAC would be happy to hear them reneg on the move.

I don't see how people think individuals are wishing bad on A&T when they are the ones that said that they are leaving the MEAC due to cost but, even without RMU in the mix, you still got Monmouth and UNA. They basically traded off FAMU and BCU for RMU, MU and UNA and their attendance/bottom line will suffer from it. Again you don't trade off the CB and network TV for ESPN3 and some random playoff game against New Hampshire or Towson (when it was the CB that played a role with your enrollment boost)

As someone said in the other thread, I would not be surprised if A&T tried to hitch their wagon on the "SWAC to FBS" train if it happens in 5-10 years

Last edited:
Back