SWAC has announced a new partnership with the United States Air Force (USAF)

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
The Southwestern Athletic Conference has announced a new partnership with the United States Air Force (USAF) beginning Fall 2020.

The partnership agreement will feature state of the art eSports gaming opportunities for league fans, student-athletes, and supporters at select SWAC championships and tournament events.

“We’re extremely excited to partner with the United States Air Force in this new venture that will bring exciting on site activations of eSports platforms to our league,” said SWAC Commissioner Dr. Charles McClelland

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
it was..it was just called hanging out in the union and putting a quarter in the machine lol
I mean not really. Lol. Online play on the PS2, OG Xbox and Dreamcast was around so we didn’t have to go to the Union as long as we had a good dial up internet connection.

Well I graduated from college in 05. So I was around for the beginnings of online play. Like I said, it had to be through dial up back then. WiFi didn’t really become mainstream until 2010.

I finished in the early 00s, we had dial up then in the dorm room (if you paid for a private line) but I didn't attempt online gaming until 2003 when I had high speed..never did dial up. I had too many bad experiences with dial up once cable came on that was it..lol

In some cities they had 2 access numbers and it was ALWAYS busy.

Some cities had 30

Try and use it in a dorm room with 3 people living in there and the phone rings which knocks you off. And then you gotta wait an hour to redial. These kids don't know how good they got it lol
You should have disabled the Call Waiting

I'm a big E Sports supporter so this is nice news to me. Tons of money to be made behind this if you have the skills.
Fire up that Doug Williams HBCU football game or College Hoops 2K8 so I can whoop some *** with my Delta Devils.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
In some cities they had 2 access numbers and it was ALWAYS busy.

Some cities had 30

Try and use it in a dorm room with 3 people living in there and the phone rings which knocks you off. And then you gotta wait an hour to redial. These kids don't know how good they got it lol
Mannnnnnnn... Then cats was trying to stay on College Club to IM women. I got into my first SWAC beef there. They have no clue!

Back