Podcast interview with SWAC commissioner Charles McClelland – (COVID-19)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The trends seem to be pointing at June early July for us to be on a downward slope.

Do instant test prior to game (they have some I am seeing now) and play with no fans.

To hold a football game, you'd have to test all the players, coaches, support staff, referees and game day personnel. And you just don't know who all those people came in contact with. And if someone -- particularly players -- test positive, whole teams would have to be isolated.

And some states have some sort of quarantine in place for out-of-state-travelers.

They ain't playing no type of sports this year, bruh.

You can't say social distancing is important ... then expose a bunch of people to potentially becoming infected to play a game (even with no fans at the games) That makes no sense. If you have all these major sports leagues shutting down, ain't no way, college football is played when the virus ain't close to being contained. China tried to get back to normal only to shut down again after a new round of infections popped up. And they've been fighting the virus longer than we have.

I've been going back and forth with a local sports host on twitter here in clemson. they are in complete denial. not only football but all sports are done until summer 2021 unless something like hydroxychloroquine actually pans out. sports will be the last thing on people's mind if they can't work and can't pay rent or mortgages.
people still have not wrapsed their mind around what is about to happen. over the next couple of months 200k+ americans will die from this virus... best case scenario. we will be a different country on the other side of this.
bright side is if you can figure out where this is going there is money to be made in a transforming economy and society.

bright side is if you can figure out where this is going there is money to be made in a transforming economy and society.

This is the key phrase. There will be money to made from this not only with the testing but the vaccine. There is already talk about getting plasma from people who had the virus but their bodies self healed (I think I fall in that category since I had 3-4 of the symptoms but was mostly OK after 4-5 days)) and using the antibodies in it on people who are sick from it. The blood test to find out if you had it is supposed to be readily available before the month is out so that's why I think a season could possibly happen in September. This won't be on the SWAC alone because I think they will take lead fromthe P5 schools and the NFL.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Do instant test prior to game (they have some I am seeing now) and play with no fans.

Who's gonna pay for all that? I dont see this season happening. Besides, without the bands, fans, fan experience, tailgating etc. College football loses what makes it interesting. Nobody is about to pay to watch bad, poorly coached and officiated football streamed live from empty stadiums

Lol I been saying the 2020 football season is dead since the NBA cancelled their season. It's a wrap until they find a cure/vaccine..common sense.

The puppet master for Trump already has a cure. How much of the Constitutional rights are you willing to give up for it and to get your sports back?

Problem + Reaction = They already have the solution.

I hope sports for this year is not dead!

The puppet master for Trump already has a cure. How much of the Constitutional rights are you willing to give up for it and to get your sports back?

look forward to 2021 on sports...and that's if they find a vaccine. I can't wait to see the reaction of these SEC fans and other P5 schools once they realize college football is done for 2020....especially these rednecks in the south..they're are going to go "bat shit" crazy pun intended lol

look forward to 2021 on sports...and that's if they find a vaccine. I can't wait to see the reaction of these SEC fans and other P5 schools once they realize college football is done for 2020....especially these rednecks in the south..they're are going to go "bat shit" crazy pun intended lol

What will the Kool-Aid drinking Trump supporters do if there is no Football, especially no SEC Football. They already have a vaccine, stop believing what the news tell you. Kushener and the Trump gang is ready to make a fortune off of the gullible American People.

What will the Kool-Aid drinking Trump supporters do if there is no Football, especially no SEC Football. They already have a vaccine, stop believing what the news tell you. Kushener and the Trump gang is ready to make a fortune off of the gullible American People.
I'm hoping there is one available...we are losing too many people especially blacks which imo is a plan in itself.

Last edited:
Back