Did Lewis Jackson get fired?

You talking about Pearson? Freda's team was young. Also our best post player didn't play this season
Yea Pearson... she was nice in high school.... interested to see how she adjust to college basketball where she will be going against girls here size.... I heard last week that she had changed her mind and was going to AAMU.... but I dont believe it since she had already signed and we full at the post... She has a 3 year old son.

Yea Pearson... she was nice in high school.... interested to see how she adjust to college basketball where she will be going against girls here size.... I heard last week that she had changed her mind and was going to AAMU.... but I dont believe it since she had already signed and we full at the post... She has a 3 year old son.
her size? says she's 5'8.

it other news....jacoby ross has entered the transfer portal

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Coaching is a tough business. Bama State hadn't won anything in 9 years so I guess that made him vulnerable. Some schools are more tolerable than others with not winning championships. I would say Bama State was fairly patient and I'm sure it was a tough decision given the connection that he has with the school. In the last 8 years, the SWAC has been the Louisiana & Texas show during the regular season and tourney for men.

1585536052396.png

Last edited:
her size? says she's 5'8.

it other news....jacoby ross has entered the transfer portal

Na she 5’10.... averaged 16ppg and 14 rebounds a game for 3 time state 6a champion Hazel Green. Her older sister recently finished up her basketball career at Jacksonville State averaging a double double.

What happenned to Austin Rogers.... seemed as if he went downhill...
I thought he started to come on a bit down the stretch of the season. to me, missing their big robinson most of the season really hurt. pt guards were solid but no consistent threat on the wings beyond tobi and once the swac season started the refs stopped blowing the whistle for him so his scoring disappeared.

We can always use another post. If she is that good, I hope the rumor has some truth to it.

Does State have enough money to get Davis from Detroit Mercy?

once you go SWAC you never want to go back even if you leave. Especially if your a non-HBCU person who all of sudden gets the love you desired but never got consistently at a PWC. Plus, he ain't doing anything at Detroit and is under an APR cloud so why not bolt? Now for a school of 4K to dish out more money and meet his contract demands than the football coach will be an issue.

once you go SWAC you never want to go back even if you leave. Especially if your a non-HBCU person who all of sudden gets the love you desired but never got consistently at a PWC. Plus, he ain't doing anything at Detroit and is under an APR cloud so why not bolt? Now for a school of 4K to dish out more money and meet his contract demands than the football coach will be an issue.
Cynthia Cooper proved thats not true..... so did Southerns coach.

Uhhh are you serious? Aint no coach going from making 2 million a year to 200k a year. He makes more signing basketballs than Bama State could pay him.
Avery has money so I don't think he's looking for a check necessarily. He could though if he chose to come back to hbcu basketball and be what ben jobe was to him, and ben jobe didn't rob the bank.
Cynthia Cooper proves it's not just about the size of the check. If you don't ask... how will you know?
I don't think you let go of a coach who's been there, is an alum, has proven he can be successful, just to bring someone and not give them what's necessary to win and upgrade or at least attempt to.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Avery has money so I don't think he's looking for a check necessarily. He could though if he chose to come back to hbcu basketball and be what ben jobe was to him, and ben jobe didn't rob the bank.
Cynthia Cooper proves it's not just about the size of the check. If you don't ask... how will you know?
I don't think you let go of a coach who's been there, is an alum, has proven he can be successful, just to bring someone and not give them what's necessary to win and upgrade or at least attempt to.

Avery dont ever have to coach again... If it wasnt for the opportunity to coach his son, he would have never have came to college basketball in the first place.

Reactions: JR
Why would Mike Davis want to go to Bama State? His biggest complaint about TSU was all the bus riding which is why he left ... he'll be doing a lot of bus riding at Bama State too.

Why would Mike Davis want to go to Bama State? His biggest complaint about TSU was all the bus riding which is why he left ... he'll be doing a lot of bus riding at Bama State too.

Gray, his biggest complaint was his pay. He wanted to stay if we could meet a certain benchmark with pay. We wouldn't do it, but we definitely could have. Instead, we chose to overpay a former coach nobody wanted and hadn't coached a down over five years. Knowing darn well we're a basketball school first.

I knew it was about money. He would have kept on asking for more cash every year. so good riddance, it was just like blackmail. Plus he did not want to coach his own son. BS.

Gray, his biggest complaint was his pay. He wanted to stay if we could meet a certain benchmark with pay. We wouldn't do it, but we definitely could have. Instead, we chose to overpay a former coach nobody wanted and hadn't coached a down over five years. Knowing darn well we're a basketball school first.
You dont like the current coach?

Bama St would not be fiscally responsible to pay Davis 200k plus in an uncertain time like this, his budget for him an his assistants would be a lot. I would be very surprised considering their budget cuts and hiring freeze to hire someone that costs more than football, which is the sport that generates the most money.

Back