This article claims to finally found out who played Neck first

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
neck can be broken into 2 types...the 80s style TSU made popular in the SWAC, the 97 version SU did which ended up turning into a crossover song

Who cares??? This debate does not help any of our football programs. The only thing I know about the song, a former Juke co-authored the song as a member of Cameo's band. From what I can understand, the political climate in the country, the state, and on SU's campus back in the 70's inspired him to write the song, especially one political event that had gotten national news when Reagan came to Baton Rouge campaigning to be the president.

Who cares??? This debate does not help any of our football programs. The only thing I know about the song, a former Juke co-authored the song as a member of Cameo's band. From what I can understand, the political climate in the country, the state, and on SU's campus back in the 70's inspired him to write the song, especially one political event that had gotten national news when Reagan came to Baton Rouge campaigning to be the president.

this is the band board...thus, this is a band topic. Why in the sam hell did you bring up a damn football team

tenor.gif

Seriously did this dude actually publish this article? @JR @staggalee83 @Fiyah can y'all believe this mess? Lmao I was in highschool in 84 and SU and JSU along with many other bands were blowing up Neck. Hell my highschool band was playing it. Lol Dear young generation please research before writing this bull shyt. Cameo came out with Neck in 84. All bands played it. I remember hearing Prairie view play it on VHS too. Lol

Last edited:
I usually stay away from band topics because really I believe my time has passed for it and quite frankly I think they all have sucked since the 2000's. Lol but this lie right here has blown my drunkness. I was sitting here on the beach and just happened to click on the link and saw this hot mess. It smells like a fat chick at the beach butt nekkid in 100 degree weather.

this is the band board...thus, this is a band topic. Why in the sam hell did you bring up a damn football team

tenor.gif

Because it is a dumb debate that keep dummies debating about it until they are blue in the face. But if that's your thing, have at it. Another perfect example of Black folks being messed up internally (no internal infrastructure), along with too many crack babies born in the 80's and 90's.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W234NiTkBO4

Last edited:
Morris Brown was playing it. Hell even we were playing it in highschool in 84. Who writes this mess? For one thing you millennials have to realize back then it wasn't YouTube or internet. Things spread around but not in a flash. Folks saw it regional and claimed it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
TXSU might have played it in the SWAC, Norfolk St might have played it in the MEAC, but Morris Brown was playing it too. Just to drop a little band knowledge on you youngsters a few of Cameo members marched at Morris Brown. I know y'all really believe the SWAC started everything but that's a lie. Actually it's Donald Trump type of lies....

TXSU might have played it in the SWAC, Norfolk St might have played it in the MEAC, but Morris Brown was playing it too. Just to drop a little band knowledge on you youngsters a few of Cameo members marched at Morris Brown. I know y'all really believe the SWAC started everything but that's a lie. Actually it's Donald Trump type of lies....

man I wish Morris Brown was still around. They'd be the best band out of every conference.

man I wish Morris Brown was still around. They'd be the best band out of every conference.
Aye lil bruh in the 70's and early 80's Mo Brown brought the fiyah. In 84 they marched in FAMU homecoming 2nd quarter blowing "come on everybody, everybody come on". Lmao They showed out hard. Lol

Aye lil bruh in the 70's and early 80's Mo Brown brought the fiyaj. In 84 they marched in FAMU homecoming 2nd quarter blowing. Lmao

The school went under before I got to high school.

Bama State, AAMU, JSU, Cookman, FAMU, SCSU hell even Tennessee State better be thanking their lucky stars Morris Brown went through that mess, or a whole bunch of Atlanta kids would have stayed home and marched for them. I know I would have

Now I gotta go look up some MoB clips from the 80s!

🤣 LS-WHO? NEEDS TO SIT THE ENTIRE DOGPHUCK DOWN SOMEWHERE....WITH THEIR CLUELESS, WACK-WATERED-DOWN-VERSION-OF-A-CAMEO-SONG ASSES! 🤣

Back