4) State Fair Classic (Grambling vs Praire View A&M) 52,315
5) Southern Heritage (Jackson State vs Tennessee State) 48,347
6) Boom Box Game (Southern U. vs. Jackson State) 40,085
7) Fort Valley vs. Albany State 37,000
8) Capital City Classic (Alcorn vs. Jackson State) 35104
9) Alabama State vs Jackson State 35,0133
10) Grambling vs Jackson State 32,265

Last edited:

I think the Magic City Classic numbers are inflated. I read somewhere that the actual attendance was around 39,000 in a driving rainstorm.

I think the Magic City Classic numbers are inflated. I read somewhere that the actual attendance was around 39,000 in a driving rainstorm.
You would never be able to tell because people were under the stadium most of the game.... 53k was a high number in my opinion for what my eyes were seeing but u can never tell with all of the space under the stadium... its 3 levels of space to be under legion field. I do know tailgating didn’t suffer from the rain... Them folks acted like the sun was still out.

Shout out to Jackson State ... the most loyal fans in the FCS! Ya'll showed up at home and traveled well yet again for a sorry team ... I'm very impressed.

I'll be surprised to see more than 500 of our fans leave the state ... the last time that happened was 2010. We have a long way to go to get where I know we can get once we start winning for real.

The only MEAC team I see more than once is FAMU. I know the Celebration Bowl committee is pissed FAMU didn't make it ... they have the best fans in the MEAC and they travel well ... especially to Atlanta.

Last edited:
1) Bayou Classic (Southern U. vs. Grambling) 68,314
2) Florida Classic (Florida A&M vs Bethune Cookman 55,730
3) Magic City Classic (Alabama A&M vs Alabama State) 53,217
4) State Fair Classic (Grambling vs Praire View A&M) 52,315
5) Southern Heritage (Jackson State vs Tennessee State) 48,347
6) Circle City Classic (Jackson State vs Kentucky State) 46,225
7) Boom Box Game (Southern U. vs. Jackson State) 40,085
8) Fort Valley vs. Albany State 37,000
9) Capital City Classic (Alcorn vs. Jackson State) 35104
10) Alabama State vs Jackson State 35,0133

There wasn't 37,000 for the Fort Valley vs Albany State in-state rivalry game .... that's a mistake on their part. I would say it was likely closer to 10K which is really good for a D II game

You'll see snapshots of the crowd and there a lot of empty seats. Start at the kick off at 37:34

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmZ8EahCCQ

Last edited:
There wasn't 37,000 for the Fort Valley vs Albany State in-state rivalry game .... that's a mistake on their part. I would say it was likely closer to 10K which is really good for a D II game

You'll see snapshots of the crowd and there a lot of empty seats. Start at the kick off at 37:34

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmZ8EahCCQ

That may or may not be the case. However, that is the number that the NCAA has published. The NCAA is certainly not flawless, IMHO (that rounded of number does look suspect though). If you saw my note, they missed the JSU/Kentucky State numbers. I'm not going to do an "eye test." I'm just posting numbers with documented back up.

Last edited:

Shout out to Jackson State ... the most loyal fans in the FCS! Ya'll showed up at home and traveled well yet again for a sorry team ... I'm very impressed.

I'll be surprised to see more than 500 of our fans leave the state ... the last time that happened was 2010. We have a long way to go to get where I know we can get once we start winning for real.

The only MEAC team I see more than once is FAMU. I know the Celebration Bowl committee is pissed FAMU didn't make it ... they have the best fans in the MEAC and they travel well ... especially to Atlanta.

We would’ve had at least 20K in Tallahassee for the FAMU/A&T game if not for the tropical storm forcing us to move the game to Sunday.

JState... #trendsetter. DAYAM!!!!! Major props and props to the SWAC for showing up.

Now we need to show out on the field of play and on the sidelines w/ good coaching lol. The SWAC should NOT be losing to the likes of the southland conference at any level OR D2s. Period.

Back