Texas Southern at Incarnate Word
Attendance: 3637

Prairie View A&M at Houston
Attendance: 29360

Mississippi College at Alcorn State
Attendance: 7358

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
UH turnout is the most disappointing. All the advancements in athletics over there and they still struggle selling out and generating impressive revenue. Several SWAC schools rival UH in home attendance.

UH wasn't even close to selling out there first home game and I bet a good percentage of the fans there were PV (or SWAC fans supporting PV).

UH turnout is the most disappointing. All the advancements in athletics over there and they still struggle selling out and generating impressive revenue. Several SWAC schools rival UH in home attendance.

UH wasn't even close to selling out there first home game and I bet a good percentage of the fans there were PV (or SWAC fans supporting PV).

Y’all average 200 fans a year and 30k is disappointing to you?

Y’all average 200 fans a year and 30k is disappointing to you?

They must've didn't teach critical thinking schools at your public high school but UH is 5 times the size of TSU in every way but yet our home opener had about 10K less fans than UH (stadium capacity 45K). UH has also invested tens of millions more than us into advertising and improving their football facilities and they still bringing less than impressive interest. Also UH hasn't had a losing season in a very long time, we stay having losing seasons, Comparing apples to oranges here

But really what it is is ... UH is no longer a "white school", Asians and Hispanics have taken over UH and have changed the culture there. The white population at UH has declined significantly over the years, white people don't want much to do with UH nowadays

Last edited:
.........Also UH hasn't had a losing season in a very long time, we stay having losing seasons, Comparing apples to oranges here

But really what it is is ... UH is no longer a "white school", Asians and Hispanics have taken over UH and have changed the culture there. The white population at UH has declined significantly over the years, white people don't want much to do with UH nowadays
Hmmm, interesting deduction. Perhaps a premonition for Texas Southern and PV.

Grambling played Louisiana Tech this past Saturday; it played UL Monroe the week before.

Don't know what I was thinking when I did that. Thanks, it's been corrected along with the attendance numbers.

Correction stadium capacity at UH is 40K. The issue that UH has is that they want to be in the BIG 12 or some other power 5 conference. There are many University alumni that are opposed to playing FCS schools, especially HBCUs because it only reminds them of not being in a power 5 conference.
UH, for at least 25 years has not been as "white" as tx A&M and UT.

I was at the game yesterday and there lots of cougar red there. PV fans or "folks" supporting PV didnt exceed 2K of that attendance figure.

I love, support, and a diehard TSU alum BUT we should be the last to bring up anybody's attendance numbers. However, only to show that Houstonians are NOT supporting the local college teams.

Correction stadium capacity at UH is 40K. The issue that UH has is that they want to be in the BIG 12 or some other power 5 conference. There are many University alumni that are opposed to playing FCS schools, especially HBCUs because it only reminds them of not being in a power 5 conference.
UH, for at least 25 years has not been as "white" as tx A&M and UT.

I was at the game yesterday and there lots of cougar red there. PV fans or "folks" supporting PV didnt exceed 2K of that attendance figure.

I love, support, and a diehard TSU alum BUT we should be the last to bring up anybody's attendance numbers. However, only to show that Houstonians are NOT supporting the local college teams.

Auburn played Alabama State last year, TCU played UAB ... these are teams in Power 5 conferences.

UH had the same level of whiteness as TAMU and UT until I'll say the mid/late 2000s. I was on UH campus recently and it took me a while to find a obviously white student, for many years white students were everywhere there. UH stadium can go well over 40K, that's an underestimant of the capacity ... they been over 40K before.

We have bad attendance b/c we have a bad football program, things will change once that change. UH is different, UH can have a really good football team but if they're not ranked AND playing a "big team" ... their fans won't show out in impressive numbers.

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting deduction. Perhaps a premonition for Texas Southern and PV.

No, Asians and Hispanics don't like HBCUs. UH is what they like and they running the white people out ... we'll probably see more white folk soon. I never thought I'll see UH be so non-white ... there's still a lot of white people on paper but I don't see 'em really

We have bad attendance b/c we have a bad football program, things will change once that change. UH is different, UH can have a really good football team but if they're not ranked AND playing a "big team" ... their fans won't show out in impressive numbers.

This seems to be a greater Houston area problem with all the area schools.

No, Asians and Hispanics don't like HBCUs. UH is what they like and they running the white people out ... we'll probably see more white folk soon. I never thought I'll see UH be so non-white ... there's still a lot of white people on paper but I don't see 'em really

I would have to disagree with you about this. Hispanics are coming to HBCU's as they get better financial assistance. I know they are coming to PV in droves, they have their own fraternity's and social groups.

I would have to disagree with you about this. Hispanics are coming to HBCU's as they get better financial assistance. I know they are coming to PV in droves, they have their own fraternity's and social groups.
If I'm not mistaken. Bewildered says otherwise, that that's not a current problem.

If I'm not mistaken. Bewildered says otherwise, that that's not a current problem.

Its because its not a "problem". The fact that PV has Hispanic and Multicultural fraternities and sororities does not change PV's culture no more than having Black greek letter organizations at A&M or UT has changed theirs. I'm not sure why you keep over exaggerating the impact of non-Blacks coming to PV. Undergrads overwhelmingly buy into PV's traditions and the HBCU experience that PV provides.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Its because its not a "problem". The fact that PV has Hispanic and Multicultural fraternities and sororities does not change PV's culture no more than having Black greek letter organizations at A&M or UT has changed theirs. I'm not sure why you keep over exaggerating the impact of non-Blacks coming to PV. Undergrads overwhelmingly buy into PV's traditions and the HBCU experience that PV provides.

Very well stated.

Well, as long as you can keep the usual and great historical PV culture and not let others take over, then it's not a problem.
We've lost enough of our traditions and culture in Texas and elsewhere as it is.
I'm older and experienced enough to have seen that over the last couple of decades.
No need to include PV in that number if what you say is true.

Of course some will like HBCUs, but the majority don't find them appealing. Hispanics love the fun aspects of black culture but they usually don't feel comfortable around too many black people. TSU and PV should actually be majority Hispanic b/c Houston is so Hispanic but it's far from it.

And Hispanics make up less than 15% of PV .... that's not exactly droves. I seen blacks and whites mingling more on TSU and PV campus than blacks and Hispanics

Last edited:

I rarely meet Hispanic graduates of PV and TSU .... they are invisible. And if you look at the alumni associations or go to athletic events at our respective institutions ... everybody is black. Hispanics don't really mess with us like that and I'm fine with that. If Hispanics do chose our institutions, 99% are very disengaged and feel out of place.

Last edited:
I rarely meet Hispanic graduates of PV and TSU .... they are invisible. And if you look at the alumni associations or go to athletic events at our perspective institutions ... everybody is black. Hispanics don't really mess with us like that and I'm fine with that. If Hispanics do chose our institutions, 99% are very disengaged and feel out of place.

Kinda' sorta' the same phenomenon we see w/ Blacks on HWCU/PWCU campuses, right?

I rarely meet Hispanic graduates of PV and TSU .... they are invisible. And if you look at the alumni associations or go to athletic events at our perspective institutions ... everybody is black. Hispanics don't really mess with us like that and I'm fine with that. If Hispanics do chose our institutions, 99% are very disengaged and feel out of place.

Nah speak for TSU. That hispanic frat at PV sets it out just as hard as everyone else at the homecoming tailgate. It might be like that at TSU since most probably go out of convenience. No one is gonna go out of their way to go to school in Waller county unless they want to be there

Last edited:
I see Hispanic TSU grads around town ALL the time. It doesn't even raise an eyebrow for me anymore.

And at UH the Asian community (especially Indians) definitely support their athletics teams. I see more of them than Black UH fans when I go to their games.

I definitely disagree from a TSU perspective. What do you think @tsuball10 and @Nelson ?

I see Latino and Mexican Latino TSU alums all the time. Especially from Thurgood. And someone said we have lost black culture in Texas to Hispanics?. Huh??! Are you even FROM here to say that? Wth
UofH sports problem is the saturation of so much to do in this city. That's it. If they got into Big 12, they'd pack their stadium out. And don't smack TSU about fan attendance if your school Endowment is equal to your home attendance. How bout dat? 🤔

Back