HBCU World Series

My bad @SUjagTILLiDIE I misread the schedule on my phone. But the question remains, why the people who tried to put this HBCU World Series on didn't link up with MLB for the support and logistics?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Southern University and Florida A&M Will Play a Regional Tuneup in Pensacola, Florida this Saturday
by Michael Coker • May 23, 2019 • 0 Comments

Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) 2019 Champions Southern University and Florida A&M will play two seven-inning doubleheader games May 25th in Pensacola, Florida. The games are being played as a scrimmage to get their players ready for the NCAA Regionals as both teams earned slots by winning recent conference tournaments.
Blue-Wahoos-Stadium.jpg

Blue Wahoo Stadium
The game will take place in Blue Wahoos Stadium in Pensacola, voted the best Double-A minor league park affiliated with Major League Baseball. The Blue Wahoos of the Southern League are affiliated with the Minnesota Twins organization. Legendary college World Series umpire Bruce Raven will call the game free to the public with snacks. Both teams will have access to the video scoreboard. The game will not record any official statistical information. Game time Saturday is 12 p.m.

Southern University and Florida A&M Will Play a Regional Tuneup in Pensacola, Florida this Saturday
by Michael Coker • May 23, 2019 • 0 Comments

Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) 2019 Champions Southern University and Florida A&M will play two seven-inning doubleheader games May 25th in Pensacola, Florida. The games are being played as a scrimmage to get their players ready for the NCAA Regionals as both teams earned slots by winning recent conference tournaments.
Blue-Wahoos-Stadium.jpg

Blue Wahoo Stadium
The game will take place in Blue Wahoos Stadium in Pensacola, voted the best Double-A minor league park affiliated with Major League Baseball. The Blue Wahoos of the Southern League are affiliated with the Minnesota Twins organization. Legendary college World Series umpire Bruce Raven will call the game free to the public with snacks. Both teams will have access to the video scoreboard. The game will not record any official statistical information. Game time Saturday is 12 p.m.

This in some ways may prove to be a better option than the HBCU WS, from an overall preparedness perspective. Hats off to both schools for making this happen on such short notice. RV's heading east on I-10 Friday morning. :cool:

Back