HBCU Basketball Postseason (SWAC and MEAC)

Come on home young men, get back to the academics and get some rest. What this team pulled off on the road this year was admirable. This team will be a monster next season. These games went a long way in the new coach putting his imprint on the team.
I'm So Glad....I Went To TSU......

We can all 2nd guess.....I had two thoughts though....

1. That token pressure may not have been enough. Thought I would see more ball pressure on that last possession.
  2. Would you have taken the foul and put them on the line and take your chances? I mean they were pretty bad from the line tonight. They make both, you are no worse off than them hitting the bucket, and you ensure they don't get a 3...Miss one, and you are tied...

1. That token pressure may not have been enough. Thought I would see more ball pressure on that last possession.
  2. Would you have taken the foul and put them on the line and take your chances? I mean they were pretty bad from the line tonight. They make both, you are no worse off than them hitting the bucket, and you ensure they don't get a 3...Miss one, and you are tied...
Good observations, I was a little surprised how soft the pressure was too considering they had been attacking the ball and trying to get turnovers all game. They just gave the GB shooter an open look. Either way, these young men played with heart and have made TSU proud. I hope the success vs. these mid-major teams helps the conference and impacts scheduling.

Great effort Texas Southern. J. Jones did a heck of a coaching job. Nothing but props to those young men who played their hearts out each of those games.
He definitely had some pretty good coaching spurts during this tournament. But he is a veteran coach, some things were a toss up.

Good observations, I was a little surprised how soft the pressure was too considering they had been attacking the ball and trying to get turnovers all game. They just gave the GB shooter an open look. Either way, these young men played with heart and have made TSU proud. I hope the success vs. these mid-major teams helps the conference and impacts scheduling.

I am not surprised. Our kids and coaching staffs seems to easy up just a bit when we know the refs are going to give these pale kids every damn call. You saw what happen in the first half every time Green Bay drove in. When you start playing not to foul, those open opportunities to make things happen often happen.

It was nice to see the Green Bay crowd give sTu love as they walked to their locker room. They knew those kids came up there and gave their hearts out. Damn! sTu should be in the title game!

Great call! Great coaching! GB was pure garbage at the line! There is no way he should have gotten the ball or that shot off!

Great call! Great coaching! GB was pure garbage at the line! There is no way he should have gotten the ball or that shot off!
That part.....Did Coach Jones or anyone on the staff not see that? I hate to criticize such a good season, but a few different coaching decisions could have made this season really special. I don't think the decision making down the stretch in tight games like last night and in the Conference finals was what I would expect from a veteran coach. But hey hindsight is 20/20.

I think at this point we can stop questioning whether the CIT or CBI is worth participating in.
tsu should have paid to host this game.

The thing is some teams hosted three or more games. I believe teams like W-Green Bay and Marshall made it known that were paying for home games upfront so long as they continued to win.

Last edited:
Back