Ocean Seriously lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Not shocked lol. The only original bands in the SWAC are GSU, SU, Bama A&M and Bama State, everyone else is a knock off.

Dude, you dumb as hell. When you look around, you see 3-4 unique styles that everyone else copies.

You have FAMU which is copied by many HSs and college bands like Alabama State and PV.
Southern is copied by many HS bands and later Doc Greggs had everybody blowing whole notes... lol
JSU is copied by a WHOLE lot of HS bands and college bands like UAPB, Alcorn, BCU well.. a whole lot of them.
Grambling is unique but dont NOBODY and I mean nobody copy them... not even on the HS level... LOL
TNState might be another one but they seem like a cross between JSU/SU/FAMU

and this fool said AAMU...

You shole right Frat. That's the only time their crowd gets hyped is when they play that at halftime. LMAO. Damn shame how they took that from Gram.

And you right about the Boom sound too. They been trying to out blow SU for decades now. The Boom I faced had their own sound. Certainly the Boom I grew up on under Haughton was totally different.

SU sounds nothing like they did pre-99 either.

Also, lots of music has changed.

He said nobody cares about gsu well look for them in a few weeks live at a nfl halftime. Their size and house this whole season sayess alot gsu is putting inwork this season both stands and field even stealing away crowds. And yes nobody wants to copy gsu THEY CANT. btw didnt gsu do that bobby brown vs jsu on the FIELD last season vs jsu. Nobody checks for jsu band either...THEY CARE MORE ABOUT JSETTES THAN THE BAND. Why down a band when its true jsu did steal rock the HOUSE!! But now youre trying to over shadow by downing other bandz past its 2018 GSU IS doing great this season field an stands with new shows weekly. Sad black FOLKS at love throwing others their own under the train hbcus never support each other we deal with that from others the swac is looking damn goodd this season ill put them in the top 5 this season so far that 5th qtr vs pv alcorn an uapb was excellent

He said nobody cares about gsu well look for them in a few weeks live at a nfl halftime. Their size and house this whole season sayess alot gsu is putting inwork this season both stands and field even stealing away crowds. And yes nobody wants to copy gsu THEY CANT. btw didnt gsu do that bobby brown vs jsu on the FIELD last season vs jsu. Nobody checks for jsu band either...THEY CARE MORE ABOUT JSETTES THAN THE BAND. Why down a band when its true jsu did steal rock the HOUSE!! But now youre trying to over shadow by downing other bandz past its 2018 GSU IS doing great this season field an stands with new shows weekly. Sad black FOLKS at love throwing others their own under the train hbcus never support each other we deal with that from others the swac is looking damn goodd this season ill put them in the top 5 this season so far that 5th qtr vs pv alcorn an uapb was excellent
You throw my band under the bus by calling it a "knock off" of the likes of AAMU or Bama State is a total insult.
If you gone do that, expect the same bruh.
But really though, nobody really talks about Grambling's band. This year they may be getting some attention, but it's been over 15 years since folks focused much on Grambling.
That's fact.
And to focus on ONE or two supposedly stolen fight songs out of hundreds of songs that have been played over the last decade is looking at one tree limb, while overlooking the entire forest.

You throw my band under the bus by calling it a "knock off" of the likes of AAMU or Bama State is a total insult.
If you gone do that, expect the same bruh.
But really though, nobody really talks about Grambling's band. This year they may be getting some attention, but it's been over 15 years since folks focused much on Grambling.
That's fact.
And to focus on ONE or two supposedly stolen fight songs out of hundreds of songs that have been played over the last decade is looking at one tree limb, while overlooking the entire forest.

Hmmm i did not throw any band under the bus you just took it that way.

Thank you! Every HBCU dance team has copied something the Prancing J-Settes were doing first!

Dude GSU has done more events and other stuff yearly. From live news shows, live nba all star games nfl games rodeos. Thats just the last few seasons. If theyre not checking gsu why dont they call jsu to do it? GSU is still one of the most popular hbci bands period. How many other bands have been in huge movies like great debaters and even their own tv shows. Sad jsu talk so much shit about others but cant tske the heat but got mad over a comment on a song stolen come on. Its band damn

Dude GSU has done more events and other stuff yearly. From live news shows, live nba all star games nfl games rodeos. Thats just the last few seasons. If theyre not checking gsu why dont they call jsu to do it? GSU is still one of the most popular hbci bands period. How many other bands have been in huge movies like great debaters and even their own tv shows. Sad jsu talk so much shit about others but cant tske the heat but got mad over a comment on a song stolen come on. Its band damn
You sound delusional. If you can't take correction, then don't dish it out.
Yall get a bit of recognition due to Robinson's football history and the BC because of the national TV contract and them Jukes carry most of the hype any how band-wise.
Nobody with any HBCU sense even talks about Grambling, real talk.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yall other bands just need to step your game up. The BOOM sounds like no other band in HBCU land....none whatsoever.
And for folks to call out The BOOM, every band director borrows from what he was taught by his predecessors, so if anything, EVERY band director borrows (steals)... including the original directors from the '50's on up until now.
The BOOM has simply mastered it's own style that can't be duplicated, though often imitated.

Y’all copied that bouncing style matching the DMs do from Alcorn tho...

Dude, you dumb as hell. When you look around, you see 3-4 unique styles that everyone else copies.

You have FAMU which is copied by many HSs and college bands like Alabama State and PV.
Southern is copied by many HS bands and later Doc Greggs had everybody blowing whole notes... lol
JSU is copied by a WHOLE lot of HS bands and college bands like UAPB, Alcorn, BCU well.. a whole lot of them.
Grambling is unique but dont NOBODY and I mean nobody copy them... not even on the HS level... LOL
TNState might be another one but they seem like a cross between JSU/SU/FAMU

and this fool said AAMU...

LMAO!!
Bama State copies NOTHING from FAMU! Where the hell did you get that from? That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard in my life smh

And then you say BCU is a knock off JSU?! Man get the hell outta here. BCU has a unique symphonic sound that they made up on their own. They don’t sound like a loud jumbled mess like JSU.

The most copied bands by high schools are FAMU, SU & Bama State

You sound delusional. If you can't take correction, then don't dish it out.
Yall get a bit of recognition due to Robinson's football history and the BC because of the national TV contract and them Jukes carry most of the hype any how band-wise.
Nobody with any HBCU sense even talks about Grambling, real talk.
Sadly youre wrong the band got their own hype and fame alone the team being good was just a extra push!!!! Their style got them famous thats why they keep doing big events. What have JSU done national wise or repping for HBCUS ?And when GSU does events they do very well.

Y’all copied that bouncing style matching the DMs do from Alcorn tho...

LMAO!!
Bama State copies NOTHING from FAMU! Where the hell did you get that from? That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard in my life smh

And then you say BCU is a knock off JSU?! Man get the hell outta here. BCU has a unique symphonic sound that they made up on their own. They don’t sound like a loud jumbled mess like JSU.

The most copied bands by high schools are FAMU, SU & Bama State
Although I’m in Louisiana, have never saw a band Copy Bama St.

Although I’m in Louisiana, have never saw a band Copy Bama St.

You said it yourself..you’re in Louisiana.
I don’t see any SU style bands in GA. There was one at Cedar Grove HS but that was damn near 20 years ago.

There are mini Bama States all throughout Alabama & Georgia. We’ve also had a few music Ed majors from Cali, Detroit & Miami come through the program. I wouldn’t be surprised if any HS bands there are ASU influenced.

You said it yourself..you’re in Louisiana.
I don’t see any SU style bands in GA. There was one at Cedar Grove HS but that was damn near 20 years ago.

There are mini Bama States all throughout Alabama & Georgia. We’ve also had a few music Ed majors from Cali, Detroit & Miami come through the program. I wouldn’t be surprised if any HS bands there are ASU influenced.
I have heard multiple HS bands in ATL play SU arrangements. I have even hear a college or two play them lol. But Cedar Grove was on ESPN playing this season, and I could tell they had a very strong SU influence.

What is mind boggling is Band A calls themselves The Best Band In The Land but never has been invited to performed at a Super Bowl, Sugar Bowl, hasn't done one national commercial, NBA Halftime, nor been out of The United States, that is simply mindboggling. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

What is mind boggling is Band A calls themselves The Best Band In The Land but never has been invited to performed at a Super Bowl, Sugar Bowl, hasn't done one national commercial, NBA Halftime, nor been out of The United States, that is simply mindboggling. Things that make you go hmmmmm.
Dude, yall get those invites cause yall from a state with an NFL team and NBA team. That's it!! It's called PROXIMITY.
The Super Bowl's in New Orleans, so is the Sugar Bowl and so are NBA games.
That's the primary reason Grambling's invited.

Simply put, Grambling's an after thought when it comes to quality HBCU bands being talked about.
Heck, as a matter of fact, Grambling's not even in the top five in HBCU band ranking on a consistent basis from independent sources, and that's being modest.

So what you are saying is you don’t get invited out anywhere because you are from Mississippi? Gotcha.

I tell you, you sound stupid. You just proved your stupidity and lack of knowledge. JSU's band has performed at a Dallas Mavericks basketball game and a NBA All-star basketball game. I feel sorry for those kids you claim to teach.

Last edited:
I tell you, you sound stupid. You just proved your stupidity and lack of knowledge. JSU's band has performed at a Dallas Mavericks basketball game and a NBA All-star basketball game. I feel sorry for those kids you claim to teach.

So yall have those two games and Motown and a Saints game or two in how many years of existence? Kudos, But yall are the best?

Back