The 2018 HBCU Sports Midseason Top 15 Band Poll

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
LMAO. If folks believe that poll. I got swamp land to sell them in California.

Carry on.

Pray to black Jesus that the jukebox have a great showing against against the Sonic Boom. That’ll get y’all some brownie points. Might push y’all up a few spots. Like #4.

Pray to black Jesus that the jukebox have a great showing against against the Sonic Boom. That’ll get y’all some brownie points. Might push y’all up a few spots. Like #4.

Dude, do see my signature at the bottom of what era I marched. You really think I am worried about what the Boom gone do in Mumford. Neither band will do anything earth shattering on the field. Not like the old days WHERE HALFTIME determined the winner. All folks care about is song selection in the stands. LOL. SU is still drilling the same way. The Boom is still floating the JSU down the field and JSU rocks the house. Aint going to see nothing new at Halftime. LOL.

So this poll is nothing but a stand's poll. We can drop out the poll for all I care. Until bands do something innovative like what Ohio State band did at halftime and what HBCU bands USED to do. JR aint impressed. Blowing in the stands for rankings or having some gimmick for dance routine has gotten old. Where is my boy Get Ready. Same shit different year.

Sooo ALL these folks are wrong and YOU aren't?! Hahahahaha!!

Who are these people? And yes I take my opinion over them. LOL. I anticipated haters of the Jukebox after the Haymer situation. Not shocked folks think they done lost something without Nate.

Dude, do see my signature at the bottom of what era I marched. You really think I am worried about what the Boom gone do in Mumford. Neither band will do anything earth shattering on the field. Not like the old days WHERE HALFTIME determined the winner. All folks care about is song selection in the stands. LOL. SU is still drilling the same way. The Boom is still floating the JSU down the field and JSU rocks the house. Aint going to see nothing new at Halftime. LOL.

So this poll is nothing but a stand's poll. We can drop out the poll for all I care. Until bands do something innovative like what Ohio State band did at halftime and what HBCU bands USED to do. JR aint impressed. Blowing in the stands for rankings or having some gimmick for dance routine has gotten old. Where is my boy Get Ready. Same shit different year.
SU drill was nice as hell.

JR. gets POST of the year.

Nothing HBCUS BANDS ARE DOING IS NEW, So I don't know why people get so crazy over BS polls etc.
Even NCAT in their attempt to add corp style in shows are not all that good half the time.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
If this was a stands poll NCAT definitely wouldn't be #1, and i went there. I think this poll may be based on improvement as well as field shows...stands?nahh. But i will say SU shouldnt be so low...

JR. gets POST of the year.

Nothing HBCUS BANDS ARE DOING IS NEW, So I don't know why people get so crazy over BS polls etc.
Even NCAT in their attempt to add corp style in shows are not all that good half the time.

Just because Southern is rated so low in the 2018 HBCU Sports Midseason Top 15 Band Poll, its rather easy to say "Nothing HBCUS BANDS ARE DOING IS NEW." Southern's band announcer references a poll in your band's introduction that was released in 1991, considering it's 2018, wouldn't you say that USA Today poll is a BS poll and is not relevant today?

Last edited:
Just because Southern is rated so low in the 2018 HBCU Sports Midseason Top 15 Band Poll, its rather easy to say "Nothing HBCUS BANDS ARE DOING IS NEW." Southern's band announcer references a poll in your band's introduction that was released in 1991, considering it's 2018, wouldn't you say that USA Today poll is a BS poll and is not relevant today?

The bigger question is why do you care?

Some folks just can't stomach the truth. Even when their own folks admit to it, they get turned on and talked about for telling the truth. Just a shame.

How many years has JR being saying I aint impressed with none of these field shows. Hell any show we did in 1984 would kill any show done by any HBCU band right. Any show we did in 1985 would kill any show I have seen a HBCU band do in the last 15-20 years. Every so often there is some show that wows folks. Hell Shows FAMU were doing under Foster back then would smoke all these shows being done. The baseball and basketball hoop drills they did. Etc. Just saying folks criticize SU for doing similar drills for years and years. What new stuff is being done at halftime. Most halftime shows have people left sitting on their hands. Do I need to post shows were the fans were on their feet after halftime shows?

And yes we do need to drop the USA Today thing. But that aint my call. LOL.

Last edited:
Hmmm...Curious...what is a "stand's poll?"

Meaning that some of these bands can't drill a damn lick and they know who they are. So since most of these band heads that vote are more enamored with dance routine and stands. That's the only way I can see that poll being that way. But that is my opinion from watching these halftimes. I aint impressed. And that goes for my school as well. We still drilling like a mofo. But dance routine leaves a lot to be desired. But hell even when they ranked SU number 1, our dance routines were not stellar. Just saying. So what changed? BCU still is BCU. Their shows aint no worse than it was last year and they don't deserve that low ranking. They look exactly the same from last year and the year before.

Back