SU Halftimes

It’s not the same thing du’mass. Let us know when anyone is enshrined in the NCAA Hall of Champions. You don’t even understand what the Hall of Champions is LMAO!!

View attachment 6144

Here you go! I know it hurts, but Southern just isn't there yet.
confused0006.gif

"Drumline" Exhibit Opening at the NCAA Hall of Champions

NCAA takes note of Marching 100 (Performing for posterity)

The reputation of the Jackson State band is so well-known — it has appeared in college football video games and has been enshrined in the NCAA Hall of Champions

Sonic Boom of the South felt at halftime of UNLV opener

Motown's 30th anniversary television special, the NAAC Image Awards, EA Sports and is enshrined in the NCAA Hall of Champions.

Top 10 Bands That are on Tap for the Sudler Trophy | Bleacher Report

The marching band was enshrined in the NCAA Hall of Champions. Dr. Liddell and drum major
Tamara Myles were panelists on the NCAA Hall of Champions program

Bandmaster Chronology

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Seriously. If anyone thinks JSU Band History is greater than Southern's and the legendary Doc Greggs then I got swampland for you to buy. Even Dowell Taylor himself will tell you otherwise. If you had no band director greater or more world reknown than Issac Greggs. How in the hell can your program be greater. Same is said for Foster at FAMU and Hutch at Gram. Those 3 guys and their bands accomplished more than everyone else PERIOD. Now arguing who is the better band in 2018 is a different debate. Have at that. But who band did more in their history is not even debatable between JSU and SU. Doc's history at the helm by himself is greater than all of the JSU band directors combined. That's just facts. Doc took SU band to way more places than probably any other band in the SWAC not named Grambling. Like I said, FAMU, SU and yes Grambling band histories can not be erased no matter what you think of the bands now. Those 3 bands have done multiple super bowls. Early on at that.

Seriously. If anyone thinks JSU Band History is greater than Southern's and the legendary Doc Greggs then I got swampland for you to buy. Even Dowell Taylor himself will tell you otherwise. If you had no band director greater or more world reknown than Issac Greggs. How in the hell can your program be greater. Same is said for Foster at FAMU and Hutch at Gram. Those 3 guys and their bands accomplished more than everyone else PERIOD. Now arguing who is the better band in 2018 is a different debate. Have at that. But who band did more in their history is not even debatable between JSU and SU. Doc's history at the helm by himself is greater than all of the JSU band directors combined. That's just facts. Doc took SU band to way more places than probably any other band in the SWAC not named Grambling. Like I said, FAMU, SU and yes Grambling band histories can not be erased no matter what you think of the bands now. Those 3 bands have done multiple super bowls. Early on at that.

SU's band was even great before Doc. Doc elevated it to a national stage. With people like Alvin Baptiste, SU's music department was light years ahead of others. I doubt there's a HBCU out there that can match the greatness that came out of SU's music department and band.

confused0006.gif

The reputation of the Jackson State band is so well-known — it has appeared in college football video games and has been enshrined in the NCAA Hall of Champions

Motown's 30th anniversary television special, the NAAC Image Awards, EA Sports and is enshrined in the NCAA Hall of Champions.

The marching band was enshrined in the NCAA Hall of Champions. Dr. Liddell and drum major

Bandmaster Chronology

8805CA8E-7300-4150-8047-933F54FCEC4D.gif

SU's band was even great before Doc. Doc elevated it to a national stage. With people like Alvin Baptiste, SU's music department was light years ahead of others. I doubt there's a HBCU out there that can match the greatness that came out of SU's music department and band.

Hell I didn't even want to get into the overall Music Dept.

As the band being great before Doc I agree. My point is that Doc by himself was bigger than the entire JSU band program history.

Hell I didn't even want to get into the overall Music Dept.

As the band being great before Doc I agree. My point is that Doc by himself was bigger than the entire JSU band program history.

I totally agree. As Terrell Jackson, Sr. once told me, people who have marched in SU's band and graduated from SU's Music Dept. are in an exclusive club called NWK.

confused0006.gif

Bandmaster Chronology

There you go bud

Debunk *facts* bud

Dude even took his time breaking everything down so eloquent that a 3rd grader can understand

That Part 2 clip was just down right pitiful

Yall need yall ass kicked for that sht.

I have officially bowed out with going back and forth with you dudes from JSU. I got to clips that will forever crush anything yall have to say about SU.

As I stated, Only folks in JSU thinks JSU is good

Be safe out there guys

Bama State can.

bama-state-collegians-alabama-jazz_1_fc433a69203356ba7c2af8aeef44ff25.jpg

268x0w.jpg

I have officially bowed out with going back and forth with you dudes from JSU. I got to clips that will forever crush anything yall have to say about SU.

Be safe out there guys

You do realize that a lot of that just wasn't JSU trying to out do Southern. A lot of that was Doc. Greggs former students trying to out do Doc., which is similar to what we see in Talledaga today. One good thing, they haven't yet incorporated the cap into their uniform.

Bama State can.

bama-state-collegians-alabama-jazz_1_fc433a69203356ba7c2af8aeef44ff25.jpg

268x0w.jpg

And Bama State even once had a former Jukebox member (Ralph Chapman) and a graduate of SU's Music Dept. to lead its band. He's now at Prairie View as an Associate Director who arranges a lot of their songs.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@bernard

@JayRob

@LuvTheBoom16

I wanted to @ all you dudes LMAOO

That sht is down right sad in those clips, I've lost all respect for you dude's band. I knew yall would steal and copy SU but my dayum LMAOOO

Pure f'n sad. No words
@bernard

@JayRob

@LuvTheBoom16

I wanted to @ all you dudes LMAOO

That sht is down right sad in those clips, I've lost all respect for you dude's band. I knew yall would steal and copy SU but my dayum LMAOOO

Pure f'n sad. No words

Be safe out there guys

lol now you know better....I'm gone give you the cadence... I cant explain that shat.., but as for everything else one video debunked some lies and exploited y'all stealing drills and concepts and I'm sure another one will too. Also lets be real... y'all starting to get overrated.... if yall letting texas southern cut through yall "big band" this year then the boom gone put foots to the human pukebox.... just saying.

One has to understand, a lot of the individuals making these comparison videos starting in the 80's weren't born until then or afterwards. Doc Greggs became SU band director in 1969. A lot of the formations we see in both videos were arranged by him starting in 1969 and all through the 70's. My high school band director marched in SU band in the early 70's. He brought a lot of those same formations to my high school in the mid 70's. Therefore, if your video comparison only starts in the 80's, you are way too short on your history. One would need to go back to 1969 and through the 70's to see when exactly those formations were created. In this case, the comparison videos Bighead posted give a complete historic account on when those formations were created.

Last edited:
Also, one of the reasons why the halftime score and the star drill formations weren't copied. Doc Greggs created them in the late 70's and early 80's, which were after the time when individuals who marched in SU band in the early 70's and who later became band directors somewhere else. I do believe I either saw South Carolina State, WSSU, or Howard attempt to do the halftime score. Somewhere there's a video of one of those band doing the halftime score.

Last edited:
The videos Bighead posted give a complete historic account how? Lmao

Man y’all make anything up to make yourself look good. Apparently our video debunks a lot of bs I’m yalls video so cut that crap. Y’all SU folks be so full of shit LOL.

The videos Bighead posted goes back as far as 1969. The video some JSU person created only starts in the 80's. Over half of the individuals arguing about who stole what weren't born in the 60's or the 70's. Again, the drill formations in both videos were something Doc Greggs started at Southern as a HBCU band. Unless you can show me JSU's band doing those same drills before 1969, which I doubt, your argument is mute. Bighead's videos even showed Southern's uniform design from 1969 and up. I marched in SU's band from 1983 to 1984. One thing for sure, JSU's band was still wearing those tall furry hats. Somewhere in the 80's they changed to the current hats and plumes, which is exactly like Southern's hats and plumes that Southern has been wearing since the 70's. JSU video comes up way too short on history.

The videos Bighead posted goes back as far as 1969. The video some JSU person created only starts in the 80's. Over half of the individuals arguing about who stole what weren't born in the 60's or the 70's. Again, the drill formations in both videos were something Doc Greggs started at Southern as a HBCU band. Unless you can show me JSU's band doing those same drills before 1969, which I doubt, your argument is mute. Bighead's videos even showed Southern's uniform design from 1969 and up. I marched in SU's band from 1983 to 1984. One thing for sure, JSU's band was still wearing those tall furry hats. Somewhere in the 80's they changed to the current hats and plumes, which is exactly like Southern's hats and plumes that Southern has been wearing since the 70's. JSU video comes up way too short on history.

That’s why I laugh at these JSU cats. To say Southern stole anything from them is a complete joke. They’re the only people in the band world that believe that b.s. I got pre-1969 pictures of the band’s formations too.

Also, Bighead's video even has a piece that shows Southern's band performing Smokey Robinson's hit song 'Get Ready' in the 1969 Superbowl in Tulane's Sugar Bowl Stadium in New Orleans, which was way before the Superdome opened in 1975.

Last edited:
That’s why I laugh at these JSU cats. To say Southern stole anything from them is a complete joke. They’re the only people in the band world that believe that b.s. I got pre-1969 pictures of the band’s formations too.

There's only one HBCU I give create too for helping in the creation of the Human Jukebox and that is Tuskegee. Only because of the Human Jukebox's first band director T. Leroy Davis came from there.

http://www.wafb.com/story/38060598/...thern-university-human-jukebox-marching-band/

Back