SU Halftimes

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Maybe they need to show some enthusiasm by mean mugging into the stadium like some bands do.

Crazy looking mofos:
1358195272_meanmug.jpg

SU's Drum Major is wearing a beard! What up with that?

Dr. Greggs just turned over in his grave.

I think it had more to do with the additional social problems he didn't want to deal with. Doc didn't want to see SU band members with long hair, facial hair, or anything that wasn't neat and without uniformity. I'm sure when the first female showed up with makeup on in a band uniform that would have driven Doc crazy. LMAO!!! What folks have to understand, Doc was prior military before he became band director at Southern.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/t...d-make-for-a-better-band.132175/#post-2634177

Last edited:
I feel sorry for them, they have no drive, they were just going through the motions.
Well if you had to sleep on the charter bus overnight, wake up and have practice at 7 am, then perform at a game at 11 am in 98 degree heat where the host school sits you up at the top of the stadium with no relief from the heat with full band uniforms on, you'd kind of lack some drive too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well if you had to sleep on the charter bus overnight, wake up and have practice at 7 am, then perform at a game at 11 am in 98 degree heat where the host school sits you up at the top of the stadium with no relief from the heat with full band uniforms on, you'd kind of lack some drive too.
Yall marched in before sitting up high in 98 degree heat. Just saying.
Guess they don't make Jukes like they used to.

After viewing Southern and Prairie View clips, my conclusion, the real Boombox will be November 3, 2018 in Jackson. Prairie View is no joke. Southern go practice.

After viewing Southern and Prairie View clips, my conclusion, the real Boombox will be November 3, 2018 in Jackson. Prairie View is no joke. Southern go practice.
I’m new here but it’s awfully strange to see a jsu head posting in every southern university related band thread this says a lot this post should go in a prairie view related post but its obvious that you really fear the human jukebox lol

What's to fear about a band that's losing both discipline and tradition, all in one fell swoop?
It's really kind of sad.

Back