SU, I feel like this needs to be said

atl hornet

No disrespect, cause after my MMH, I have always been a huge Human Jukebox fan and have always thought highly of you guys, but I feel like since Doc and Mr.Jackson stepped down, the band has been getting away from what made them unique.

I loved the fiberglass tubas because it gave yall a distinct sound. With the increased size and all brass tubas, it feels like you guys are starting to sound more and more like everyone else.

The smaller size and white tubas gave yall a true brass band sound, but now yall just sound like JSU, ASU, PV and TXSU with better arrangement.

Its little things that have added up to the fall off..while marching in, there is no energy and it looks like the kids are just going through the motions, and in the stands when the trumpets have a rest, they just do wtf they want. Yall used to have a horn flash that ALL the trumpets did that was uniform and tight, but now its just a free for all.

Still a fan tho, and hope yall can clean things up. Hopefully we an go against yall next season

Keep your focus on Bama State things are fine with the Jukebox. The sound is both clean and balanced while being backed with some power. I am very impressed with the sound of the Jukebox. And our sound is easily distinguished from other bands. Other bands sounding like us speaks more about what other bands have changed in their programs than it does us.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think southern is good man. Rivalry make me not like them cats, but they’re good. Now my only legit questions is , why y’all hired two new assistance? Seems like somebody gone be an odd man out.... rumor has it.., it’s simmons. To me music is the only thing holding the juke together because all this drama coming out about the dolls, the transition with Taylor as interim or not interim band director, and the band feeling like it’s gone be good, however that it’s gone miss haymer especially with an assistant being forced to move up and not transition smoothly gone be interesting too watch... cause so far you just get that vibe like... maybe it was too soon for Taylor to be in the directors seat just this time... but so far things haven’t missed a beat. But the vibe is a little off from the norm and gone take a minute to adjust too...

Keep your focus on Bama State things are fine with the Jukebox. The sound is both clean and balanced while being backed with some power. I am very impressed with the sound of the Jukebox. And our sound is easily distinguished from other bands. Other bands sounding like us speaks more about what other bands have changed in their programs than it does us.

im done with them after a clip I just saw from a BOTB in Montgomery today. I will no longer support them as long as Oliver is the director.

I think southern is good man. Rivalry make me not like them cats, but they’re good. Now my only legit questions is , why y’all hired two new assistance? Seems like somebody gone be an odd man out.... rumor has it.., it’s simmons. To me music is the only thing holding the juke together because all this drama coming out about the dolls, the transition with Taylor as interim or not interim band director, and the band feeling like it’s gone be good, however that it’s gone miss haymer especially with an assistant being forced to move up and not transition smoothly gone be interesting too watch... cause so far you just get that vibe like... maybe it was too soon for Taylor to be in the directors seat just this time... but so far things haven’t missed a beat. But the vibe is a little off from the norm and gone take a minute to adjust too...
Everything will be fine.

I did observe a couple of subtle things that were different about the Jukes, and you have to allow for some adjustment when you have the changes that we have recently undergone. But rest assured the Jukes will iron out those things, and as Number 1 has said, the Jukes will be just fine!

Trust me Taylor is more than ready. He’s had his own band before and he has a great support system in place. We always have two arrangers.

Actually su has had three arrangers plus several student arrangers before so this is just getting back to how things had to be

im done with them after a clip I just saw from a BOTB in Montgomery today. I will no longer support them as long as Oliver is the director.

I watched that stream and I can say why. I honestly don't get how that dude is still there... he hasn't had Bama State sounding good in quite a long time. They seem to be getting smaller and smaller too.

No disrespect, cause after my MMH, I have always been a huge Human Jukebox fan and have always thought highly of you guys, but I feel like since Doc and Mr.Jackson stepped down, the band has been getting away from what made them unique.

I loved the fiberglass tubas because it gave yall a distinct sound. With the increased size and all brass tubas, it feels like you guys are starting to sound more and more like everyone else.

The smaller size and white tubas gave yall a true brass band sound, but now yall just sound like JSU, ASU, PV and TXSU with better arrangement.

Its little things that have added up to the fall off..while marching in, there is no energy and it looks like the kids are just going through the motions, and in the stands when the trumpets have a rest, they just do wtf they want. Yall used to have a horn flash that ALL the trumpets did that was uniform and tight, but now its just a free for all.

Still a fan tho, and hope yall can clean things up. Hopefully we an go against yall next season

I'm not here to defend the jAgs but how do they lose a brass band sound...by GETTING BRASS sousaphones. the fiberglass sound on sousaphone needs everybody tonguing harder and double the wind because of the resistance unless they play plastic Yamaha. And to get darker sound on those horns you need to do a lot of work on tone quality and only jsu does that or did back in the day with their warm-up. They sound like su...with brass sousaphones and a toilet load of trumpets because everyone knows trumpets timbre needs at least twelve more trumpets than trombones and more for large middle brass. Did you smoke a green leaf before this?

Horn flash? I just read that. Literally the only thing "changed" is the sousas. Wth? Oh...some of those trumpets are cutting off better, I can admit that. And JSU and TxSU (even without adding back ALL the things that have been lost) don't look or sound ANYTHING alike. JSU actually has that punchy jazz sound bck on the field and have stepped up everything. But they don't sound like anyone else and neither does su or TxSU. Maybe because so many bands are using system blue euphos you are thinking they are all similar but then they aren't barking out the same parts in different arrangements. I'm sorry, dawg, this post issa no for me.

Horn flash? I just read that. Literally the only thing "changed" is the sousas. Wth? Oh...some of those trumpets are cutting off better, I can admit that. And JSU and TxSU (even without adding back ALL the things that have been lost) don't look or sound ANYTHING alike. JSU actually has that punchy jazz sound bck on the field and have stepped up everything. But they don't sound like anyone else and neither does su or TxSU. Maybe because so many bands are using system blue euphos you are thinking they are all similar but then they aren't barking out the same parts in different arrangements. I'm sorry, dawg, this post issa no for me.
You corrected yourself cause in the previous post, you said JSU sounded like southern, which is totally not accurate.
Each band that you mentioned has it's own style and sound that's pretty much distinguishable.

That part i do agree with.

You corrected yourself cause in the previous post, you said JSU sounded like southern, which is totally not accurate.
Each band that you mentioned has it's own style and sound that's pretty much distinguishable.

Nowhere did I say JSU sounds like su. I mentioned how jsu used to(because I don't know now) work on tone quality in their lower brass with warm ups. The "they" I mentioned in the next sentence refers to su. Maybe you think I'm one of these shorties who grew up cranking before learning my instrument. Ioeno...

Nowhere did I say JSU sounds like su. I mentioned how jsu used to(because I don't know now) work on tone quality in their lower brass with warm ups. The "they" I mentioned in the next sentence refers to su. Maybe you think I'm one of these shorties who grew up cranking before learning my instrument. Ioeno...
Oh, ok usa today.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Um the sound is distorted because he is so close to the band.

Do you fools understand how audio works?

We have had media teams for years so I def know how audio works. Here is a video of Marchingsport up close to the Boom with a CLEAN and CLEAR sound. He’s even closer to the Boom than the guy that recorded yalls band. Try another lie.

Back