2018-2019 band size / first performance videos

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It is more than twice the size when I marched in the band (1983 and 84), but size doesn't matter to me. They better perform like the Jukebox has always performed.

"Often duplicated but never imitated"

Not like it's going to make much difference. All that damn brass 30 bodies it's still gonna be disgusting either way.

Taylor is doing a good job..they are saying he's bringing back the old Juke style. IDK what that means but I cant wait to see them

Do all SWAC bands travel to all road games on their respective schedules?

No, the financial hit is just too great for most programs.

The Marching Storm's Performance Schedule. 9 out of their 11 football games scheduled.

39292290_1124265841055115_5336597032507277312_n.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
But, but folks were saying that Haymer never left the old Juke style. Which is it?

lol I dont know...just reporting on what i'm seeing. Folks were making comments in one video how Taylor is bringing back the Jaguar rock, and how SU seemed to go away from it in the past few years. I never noticed. They also said he's cutting a lot of the joking around/BS and they are going back to the "no laughing, no smiling, no nothing" Jukebox.

We'll see tho..

hope he brings back the endzone entrance and the pre-game "you dont wanna go to war" chant too

lol I dont know...just reporting on what i'm seeing. Folks were making comments in one video how Taylor is bringing back the Jaguar rock, and how SU seemed to go away from it in the past few years. I never noticed. They also said he's cutting a lot of the joking around/BS and they are going back to the "no laughing, no smiling, no nothing" Jukebox.

We'll see tho..

hope he brings back the endzone entrance and the pre-game "you dont wanna go to war" chant too

He’s bringing back the jaguar rock which has been gone for a long time and also the no bullshit approach. The end zone entrance and you don’t wanna go to war never left.

Jsu coming in at over 200 members this year. #LuvTheBoom !!! (correcting myself per source of the head drum major)

Last edited:
Y’all may laugh when I say this, but keep an eye on Grambling this year. Rumor has it their new director coming in swinging.

I’m very happy at the increases in size in our swac hbcu’s... these merges got my blood pumping for football to start!!!! Come on opening day!

Jackson State came out swinging tonight. Glad they just didn't play Neck and Spirit Songs and you are correct on Grambling, the band is nice this season and about 230

I’m very happy at the increases in size in our hbcu these merges got my blood pumping for football to start!!!! Come on opening day!
Jsu has 145 brass alone, not including woodwinds and percussion. Your numbers wayy off!

I miscounted and I am Instagram friends with the head drum major . He said JSU is marching a little over 200 this year. Sorry guys. I miscounted on the video. But 25 tubas and strong trumpets .... my god man it’s murder she wrote to everyone in the swac.

Back