Black Lightning on the CW

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I liked it, but my thing is what year are they supposed to be set in? Some of the slang seemed, old compared to 2017/18.

I watched episode 1 and 2 yesterday on Xfinity On Demand. They were pretty good. Will be interesting to see if they can keep the story line going.

Just watched the first Episode! I'm impressed. I wonder if the writers had anything to do with the Luke Cage Netflix series.

I also noticed there was a White Savior. It did not take away from how good the series is though. I even heard one was written in the upcoming Black Panther Movie. It seems like that is a norm now unless the movie is totally funded and controlled by us.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I've been getting caught up with the later part of Season 2. It's not quite in my top 10 but still, I am loving this series. I think it has gotten better.

Tobias to me is obviously an intriguing villain. Aside from his Albinism, Bruh dresses in suits, listens to Jazz, plays chess, eats fine food, does research, and confident than a mutha...

Some of the so called love scenes tickle me. You know it had to have been us responsible for writing. I say that because I've heard some nice Old School joints in scenes where the mood is being set...and that scene when Black Lightning is using electricity on his ole lady.....LOL

On a side note, Clifton Powell....why is he so good at playing Preachers? Between him and Keith David, no other characters out there can play a Black Pastor or Preacher better....

Last edited:
Okay, after watching the season finale, I am willing to allow this show to be in my top 10. The writers did a good job. I love the music and seeing so many of us in positions of authority be it as a hero or villain that I can relate to. Thumbs up!

Ok my wife and I have watched the first season and it was nice!! They need a sound track,
I had been meaning to pull up the old thread where we have talked about this series before. Yes, I going to say whoever is responsible for the music does a good job! Real good job!

Now this season is not bad. I had been starting to get a little confused with the Metas vs. the Wacovians or whomever and certain characters that keep coming back to life but okay. I also like the continued balance in the plots in that the antagonists do not always win yet, Tobias Whale is still my favorite character.

But @The Founder I know you started the post about the fire music that they play in Black Lightning but man, that episode on Snowfall where they played Mtume's I'll Deliver (C.O.D.), Mane!

Back