Juwan Adams' transfer leaves Jackson State in a bind

Bane

The Vilian

Even before quarterback Juwan Adams decided to transfer following his freshman season at Jackson State, the Tigers had question marks on the offensive side of the football.

When they couldn’t get a push up front, which was all too often for a run-first offense, they struggled to score. A lot of that had to do with injuries to key personnel, but it was also the result of pedestrian quarterback play.

Tony Hughes and his staff hoped that Adams — a three-star recruit from North Pike and the crown jewel of their first recruiting class — was going to change that. That hope disappeared earlier this week with the freshman’s decision to transfer to Southwest Community College.

“He let us know Tuesday that he had decided to transfer,” Hughes said. “We’re disappointed, but we know he’s doing what he feels is best for him and his family at this point in time.”

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-transfer-leaves-jackson-state-bind/96194372/

Even before quarterback Juwan Adams decided to transfer following his freshman season at Jackson State, the Tigers had question marks on the offensive side of the football.

When they couldn’t get a push up front, which was all too often for a run-first offense, they struggled to score. A lot of that had to do with injuries to key personnel, but it was also the result of pedestrian quarterback play.

Tony Hughes and his staff hoped that Adams — a three-star recruit from North Pike and the crown jewel of their first recruiting class — was going to change that. That hope disappeared earlier this week with the freshman’s decision to transfer to Southwest Community College.

“He let us know Tuesday that he had decided to transfer,” Hughes said. “We’re disappointed, but we know he’s doing what he feels is best for him and his family at this point in time.”

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-transfer-leaves-jackson-state-bind/96194372/

Chad better hope Hayes can save JSU offense. Or heads going to roll.

This kid is going to end up with ole Hopson at USM after JC. Just got that feeling. Don't know why JSU just didn't hand over the keys to the offense to him right away once they benched Ivy.

This kid is going to end up with ole Hopson at USM after JC. Just got that feeling. Don't know why JSU just didn't hand over the keys to the offense to him right away once they benched Ivy.

Him and Brent Lyles were the best thing going for us

Honestly I didn't like the way he did it either. Basically he left **U hanging.

You can't blame the kid for wanting to transfer the way stuff has gone down. Obviously Chad don't think the kid is all that or he wouldn't have reached out to Jarrad Hayes who he recruited to SU to transfer into JSU. Adams was a 3 Star Qb with offers to schools like Troy and a few other mid majors or lower tier FBS schools. Kid was there top recruit coming in. But unles the kid was just too cocky or not engaged with the coaches, I don't see how you do not give him a chance once you decided Ivy was not the answer. Morikawa was not their answer and Lyles was coming back from an accident I believe the year before.

Usually the top recruit of a new coaching staff gets a chance to shine. So something happened. If the kid turns out to really be a player and Hughes still struggling with his offense. It will be interesting in Jackson. LOL. Can't wait for my Jags to arrive again next Fall.

upload_2017-1-5_14-0-12.png
SMCC is a "stones throw" from USM

This really isn't a big loss... the kid is a great athlete but not a QB. His success in high school was off of athletic ability only, he failed to adjust to understand the nuances of the position such as the ability to read defenses, to grasp the offensive scheme, route and receiver progressions..... he struggled with the playbook as well. JUCO will help him tremendously.

I wish him well...

Jordan Johnson turned out to be the jewel of the class. Haynes just signed last week and should have knowledge of Chad's system. Hughes will recruit a qb every year so this year won't be any different. 15 to 16 freshman got substantial PT last year so if he didn't get much PT then one can only assume why

Tear down? These are the words of the coaches about him during the season. They should have redshirted him but Hughes wanted to please his folks by playing him as a freshman.

Lol... man they will tear you down after you're no benefit to them

Tell me about it....LOL....man they dragging this kids through the bushes.

Well since folk wanna say folk dumb...how smart is that SEC coaching experience now. Dumb ass Hughes couldn't even recruit a former players of his. Poor kid went to Morgan State. I guess that's that SEC recruiting skill sets.

Back