Midnight Madness BOTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did a million come from? Are you confusing that with the True Blue Campaign? That was for the entire system, they just presented it during our halftime show.

1-true-blue.jpg

Maybe Haymer thought this check was meant for him. LOL!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Citgo gave the band a check for $20,000.

For the next 3 years and alumni gave over 100 k ... I think I did get the other one mixed up. I stand corrected, however with money like that this still doesn't explain to me why notable issues weren't taken care of first before anything else under haymers leadership ... That's plain erresponsponsible dude ... And I got source from another band site that he blogged about them having a July 31rst deadline and obviously that's past so now he's desperate for southern to have money now .. Which should've been addressed earlier when they had the money.

For the next 3 years and alumni gave over 100 k ... I think I did get the other one mixed up. I stand corrected, however with money like that this still doesn't explain to me why notable issues weren't taken care of first before anything else under haymers leadership ... That's plain erresponsponsible dude ... And I got source from another band site that he blogged about them having a July 31rst deadline and obviously that's past so now he's desperate for southern to have money now .. Which should've been addressed earlier when they had the money.
Man, this is shameful. Haymer needs to be investigated.

So what budget have you seen to say that? Are you a band director and understand the expenses it takes to run a college band program?
Are you? su is the one in the red. Maybe yall need to hire Broussard to overlook the band budget cause Haymer seems to be in over his head.
Perhaps he can arrange bodies better than he can arrange a budget.

Are you? su is the one in the red. Maybe yall need to hire Broussard to overlook the band budget cause Haymer seems to be in over his head.
Perhaps he can arrange bodies better than he can arrange a budget.
Yes I am a band director and I know how much it takes to run a band program. $100,000 for a college band is a drop in the bucket. Buying new instruments costs a lot of money.

$20,000 ain't nothing, two road trips will eat that up!

Let's be real here, Southern is trying to keep up with the Joneses (Alabama State & Jackson State). Southern is too broke to operate a large band in the black, they need to downsize to 128 in a hurry!
But the question is how many people in the band are actually receiving a band scholarship. My SU education was paid by the SU Academic scholarship, which paid for everything including books, and TOPS. Then you will also have those that pay out of pocket too mixed in with the numbers. When I was in the band it was a select few that received a band scholarship. The scholarship push is to try and increase the size of the band and to ensure we continue getting the best musicians available. The instrument issue is something that has been much needed for over a decade.

Last edited:
Yes I am a band director and I know how much it takes to run a band program. $100,000 for a college band is a drop in the bucket. Buying new instruments costs a lot of money.

I can say this is true. $100,000 ain't jack in a college band budget. But I think what most others are getting at is yall ain't going through nothing other bands ain't going through or haven't already been through. What's even more questionable is how do yall have the most alumni support, sponsorships, and fundraisers and still be in need of donations as yall are? It's just confusing in more ways than one when you see all Haymer has done to bring in funds then turn around and still need more money and donations. All smack aside.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I can say this is true. $100,000 ain't jack in a college band budget. But I think what most others are getting at is yall ain't going through nothing other bands ain't going through or haven't already been through. What's even more questionable is how do yall have the most alumni support, sponsorships, and fundraisers and still be in need of donations as yall are? It's just confusing in more ways than one when you see all Haymer has done to bring in funds then turn around and still need more money and donations. All smack aside.

Dude.....my wife gets letters from SMU weekly asking for donations. They for damn sure not in dire straits. It's called building a bigger program. It's not about size either. There are other things at play here. The bandroom is getting renovated, more instruments, better technology, etc. Y'all are worrying about the wrong thing we're good lol.

It's a lot of things we're working on getting.

Dude.....my wife gets letters from SMU weekly asking for donations. They for damn sure not in dire straits. It's called building a bigger program. It's not about size either. There are other things at play here. The bandroom is getting renovated, more instruments, better technology, etc. Y'all are worrying about the wrong thing we're good lol.
Man, so much happened on this thread on the last 2 pages. lol At least the luvdaboom16 guy admitted his mistake.

Still working on getting things other bands already have? Dude, ya'll playing catch up to the larger HBCU marching bands, Stevie Wonder can see this, years late and still dollars short! You could have kept this crap! lol

Last edited:
Still working on getting things other bands already have? Dude, ya'll playing catch up to the larger HBCU marching bands, Stevie Wonder can see this, years late and still dollars short! You could have kept this crap! lol

Exactly what I was thinking. He named stuff every band in the world goes through lol. Shoulda jus kept it simple like number1 but I let him have his little moment lol.

Taken from another site

More FACTS

Everyone has their own opinion. More facts:
SU did request a hotel change due to the close proximity of JSU's campus. Mind you this was the first time ever SU performed on JSUs campus. So for other reasons he requested the move just as Mr. Jackson did at the helm. Heck the AFC football classic offered SU rooms downtown ATL and Mr. J requested to be by the airport away from everything. They were told by JSU they would be in two hotels not 6. JSU blamed it all on the travel agency and was unaware of what was going on. You have a director show up to a city a hotel with 200 plus to be told they didn't haven't rooms. If SU knew they would e at Motel 6, I'm sure they would of stayed home. What part of that doesn't make sense. No one denied SU requested a change.

2. Nothing anyone from JSU said as to why SU was only paid $4,900. Straight BS. I can assure you the boom kept more.

3. Haymer missing using funds. SU and band budget has been cut consistently since 2008. On Louisiana or SU folks keep up with that.

4. Here is one more fact: JSU will be murked just like last years.

My question is why was SU paid that small amount?

And what is the problem if SU is offering JSU 10k (double the amount that they were paid) to why JSU won't show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back