Mitt Romney and the Republicans?

CEE DOG

How do you see this playing out? Did the Tea Party really kill them? Are the repubs really this desperate? Come on man, thy rejected this guys 20 times, no they love him? I have never seen them so desperate that they are supporting a liberal dressed in repub clothes. :shame: What is yall take on this?

Its fait accompli unless Romney does something really stupid in S.C.

The Reps in charge have determined that Mitt is the only one that can win - they have put their boys (Fox Noise, Rush, Hannity etc..) on the attack on the other candidate except Paul. They want him to stay because he makes Mitt look good. The main stream look at supporters of Paul as déclassé.

My candidate is Jon Huntsman - I will send him some money this weekend.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Heard talk that Rand Paul would be selected as Romney VP to shore up the Tea Party and Libertarians vote. it could be a smart move.

It will be interesting to see if the evangelicals hate of Obama is stronger than their religious rhetoric about Mormons. They know if they support Mitt, that will give the Mormon religion their stamp of Christian acceptance (in their heads) and a Mormon President will help spread the faith. Its a positive to see them move on from religious bigotry.

Last edited:
Mitt blew it - he does not understand or not able to show he has any connection with the working class.
Romney does not know how to play the tried and successful southern strategy that has work for Republicans since Tricky Dick. Newt showed him how it is done in SC. Gingrich will use the anti government and anti black argument in all the primaries in southern states. Romney Northeastern moderation will not sell in the south.

This election is the Republicans to lose. Some of you may not agree, but I haven't seen a sitting president this vulnerable since Jimmy Carter. With all that said, Republicans have been known to snatch Defeat out of the jaws of Victory.

I some what agree. I think it will come to who ever wins the female population over. Who ever wins the white middle class female vote along with other groups of female will win. Right now I think it is split.
This election is the Republicans to lose. Some of you may not agree, but I haven't seen a sitting president this vulnerable since Jimmy Carter. With all that said, Republicans have been known to snatch Defeat out of the jaws of Victory.

I some what agree. I think it will come to who ever wins the female population over. Who ever wins the white middle class female vote along with other groups of female will win. Right now I think it is split.

I still believe President Obama will be reelected. Whites unlike Blacks are not sheeple (yes I called our people sheeple) we will vote on a Democrat even if we don't completely agree with them, because we'd rather have them than the other guy- the Republican. I don't believe Whites are gonna vote, they'll want to say "hey the country is messed up because of so and so", in other words at least I didn't vote for him, be it the rep or the dem.

I still believe President Obama will be reelected. Whites unlike Blacks are not sheeple (yes I called our people sheeple) we will vote on a Democrat even if we don't completely agree with them, because we'd rather have them than the other guy- the Republican. I don't believe Whites are gonna vote, they'll want to say "hey the country is messed up because of so and so", in other words at least I didn't vote for him, be it the rep or the dem.

Turn out is key. Apathy may play a role. The anti-Obama forces may have the energy and the money. It will be close. The election is shaping up as one that defines the role of government. Most of the electorate may not understand the significance of the out come of this election.

Mak,
I wholeheartedly disagree. I have not heard so many republicans openly pessimistic about an election in a long time. Card carrying RNC members. I think this is a slam dunk for Obama. Honestly, I thought Obama was dead in the mud about a year ago.

Some interesting quotes from the politico playbook this morning.

"Assuming that Obama wins all the states that have been won by every Democrat for the last 20 years, including both Gore and Kerry (242 electoral votes) and Romney wins all the states that McCain won in 2008 (180 electoral votes), that leaves 10 states: CO, FL, IA, IN, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, VA (116 electoral votes). With those ten states, there are 1,024 possible combinations (2^10 = 1,024). Out of these 1,024 scenarios, Obama wins 939 of them (91.7%) and Romney wins 85 of them (8.3%). All 85 scenarios require Mitt Romney to win Florida, a state in which Obama leads according to all the latest polls, including +7 points in the latest Quinnipiac poll and +3 points in the latest Rasmussen poll."

Here is a GOP counter.

To ... seize the presidency, Romney only needs some states that routinely went Republican before the 2008 race (Nevada, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia) and needs to hold on to a few that Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) managed to win (Arizona, Missouri). ,,, Romney doesn't need to win (but he might) in New Hampshire or New Mexico. He would love to, but isn't required to, break through in states like Pennsylvania, Iowa, Wisconsin or Michigan. (The first and last would seem the most likely.) It may come as a shock to liberals when you break it down by the only measure that matters (electoral votes), but Romney can do worse that George W. Bush did in 2004 (when he won Iowa and New Mexico) and still win the White House." http://wapo.st/JwGjEa

But not only that Pops, the true Repubs dont like Romney. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Santorum letters to Iowans: Romney as nominee "truly frightens me"

The letters recently sent out by the Santorum campaign that ripped into Mitt Romney were ordered before he suspended his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign manager said.

“It truly frightens me to think what’ll happen if Romney is the nominee,†reads the letter, which the Des Moines Register reported showed up in Iowa mailboxes on Monday – almost a week after Santorum announced he would abandon his bid for the White House.

The two-page appeal for money repeats the most frequently used attacks Santorum leveled against his rival on the trail, mainly that Romney is "a moderate from Massachusetts" who will not be able to mount a real challenge to President Barack Obama on issues like health care.

When asked by NBC News whether the letters were ordered before Santorum's decision to exit the race, his former campaign manager Mike Biundo replied, "Of course."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/17/11254272-santorum-letters-to-iowans-romney-as-nominee-truly-frightens-me?lite

They'll probably rather deal with Obama for another 4 years than Romney. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Santorum has yet to endorse a candidate. During a conference call on Monday, he did not dismiss the idea of supporters still voting for him in the Pennsylvania primary next week. “As far as how you vote, that’s up to you,†Santorum told those who phoned in. “I haven’t supported any candidate at this point, so that’s really up to you.â€

On the trail, Santorum repeated that the health care legislation Romney signed as governor of Massachusetts makes him "uniquely disqualified" to challenge the president on health care.

"Republicans and conservatives will be crippled by a nominee who presents zero contrast with Barack Obama on the major issues of this election," the letter reads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beans it is worse here in DC. I am sure Toi could share a lot more light on it but honestly, I have personally heard quite a few pubs say they are focused on winning the Senate and trying to box Obama in.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Beans it is worse here in DC. I am sure Toi could share a lot more light on it but honestly, I have personally heard quite a few pubs say they are focused on winning the Senate and trying to box Obama in.
I can believe that, cause that's their only best option.

Back