Chadwick Germany

emptyright

I've seen a lot of Southern posters speak of this guy. Some Say Pete should have hired him. Almost all say Stump should have hired him when he got the job. Now that it appears that he is on staff, what does he bring to Southern football and the QB Coach position. Southern's QB play was damn good before Stump came in and changed things. Dray Joseph showed signs that he can be damn good. My only concern is that this is the 4th QB Coach in the last six months for Southern. (Ted White, Gerald Carr, Chad Germany, and you can count Stump since he is the play-caller) For McGinty this is hi 5th if you add Orlando.

Re: Chadwick Germany.....

Stump is going to call plays. I'm not sure what type of offense this fool will have us running.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

USA Today picked up the story.

Germany to join Southern football staff
By Perryn Keys
The Advocate

BATON ROUGE, La. — Chadwick Germany said when he took over as head coach at Capitol High Academy, he hoped it would lead to a college job.

He got what he wanted.

Germany said Friday he has left Capitol to become quarterbacks coach at Southern University, where he'll try to improve the Jaguars' passing attack and strengthen their recruiting efforts in Baton Rouge, where they failed to sign a single recruit this season.

"(Friday) is my first day at Southern. Thursday was my last day at Capitol," Germany said.

"When I got the job at Capitol, my plan was to stay five years, and I wound up staying six. The goal was to have a chance to coach on the college level, and I'm getting that Southern. I'm excited about it. I'll also be recruiting the Baton Rouge area, and hopefully I can find a niche there."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2011-07-05-905454293_x.htm

Simple question lol.

Germany has been around all spring. He had to formally finish out his time at Capitol when that situation was over with......meaning his contract. But he has been around for awhile now. He is just OFFICIAL as of now. He said it in his interview.

And putting staffs together this time of year aint that crucial unless you are changing stuff you fundamentally do to a brand new system. I don't think by NCAA rules the coaches can be dealing with the players just yet anyway. I can understand if you had no staff at all in place. But adding coaches is never a bad thing as long as it happens before all the kids arrive for fall practice in August.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Here we go.........You got the biggest ego coach of them all up North.

True... and he ain't hired not one mofo that he's gonna be worried about or won't tell "Shut up, I got this".

Stump is gonna be second guessed by Germany and Germany is gonna be looked at warily by Stump. Not trying to pick at yall...just giving you warning. We'll revisit when it happens. I just don't think this will be a good fit.

True... and he ain't hired not one mofo that he's gonna be worried about or won't tell "Shut up, I got this".

Stump is gonna be second guessed by Germany and Germany is gonna be looked at warily by Stump. Not trying to pick at yall...just giving you warning. We'll revisit when it happens. I just don't think this will be a good fit.
Hmmm.............

Untitled45215.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

We will see. Coaches get into all the time. And just because Doug hired cats he think may not say anything don't mean he don't have anybody on staff he aint going to get into it with. Surely you don't think everyone is going to agree with him every time he does something or that Doug aint going to second guess one of his assistants. You know he has done it in the past. LOL.

As for Germany. I am sure you are spewing your opinion because you know him. But if dude is smart and hopes to get the SU job one day or some other HBCU head job he is going to sit back in the cut and let his head coach hang himself if he thinks he is making mistakes. At least Stump is willing to take a shot at the guy who folks thought Doug was going to bring to SU had he took the job when TC and the boys were doing their clandestine meetings with ole Dougie Doug.

Germany must not have a stable situation as a high school coach. No one worth a damn would go coach at SU right now.

We will see. Coaches get into all the time. And just because Doug hired cats he think may not say anything don't mean he don't have anybody on staff he aint going to get into it with. Surely you don't think everyone is going to agree with him every time he does something or that Doug aint going to second guess one of his assistants. You know he has done it in the past. LOL.

As for Germany. I am sure you are spewing your opinion because you know him. But if dude is smart and hopes to get the SU job one day or some other HBCU head job he is going to sit back in the cut and let his head coach hang himself if he thinks he is making mistakes. At least Stump is willing to take a shot at the guy who folks thought Doug was going to bring to SU had he took the job when TC and the boys were doing their clandestine meetings with ole Dougie Doug.
I don't even know why you are wasting your time. I'll see if Gram was actually set for this upcoming year but they aren't.

He was a great high school coach, and could have easily taken a job at a more stable high school.

So you want Stump to hire a "yes" man? A head coach should be willing to listen to his assistants' input. Look at Auburn, do you really think all of their success was because of Gene Chizik, or do you think his top assistant, Gus Malzahn, second guessed some of his decisions and steered him in the right direction? It depends on how much the coach wants to be involved with the teaching process. I would like to see Germany eventually get the OC role once he gets his feet wet.

I don't even know why you are wasting your time. I'll see if Gram was actually set for this upcoming year but they aren't.

So you want Stump to hire a "yes" man? A head coach should be willing to listen to his assistants' input. Look at Auburn, do you really think all of their success was because of Gene Chizik, or do you think his top assistant, Gus Malzahn, second guessed some of his decisions and steered him in the right direction? It depends on how much the coach wants to be involved with the teaching process. I would like to see Germany eventually get the OC role once he gets his feet wet.

Fellas, just because I'm Grambling, please don't this as smack or Biggity Talk on my part. I just expressed a "foretelling"... coaches disagree all the time, it's the reaction to it that's a mofo. "Watch!" (snicker)

Back