A mockery of Black History month….Should they be fired?

MZTHANG601

FORMERLY CHISWEET601
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100303/NEWS03/100303047/3+teachers+removed+over+black+heroes

3 L.A. teachers removed over choice of black heroes

LOS ANGELES — Three Los Angeles elementary school teachers accused of giving children portraits of O.J. Simpson, Dennis Rodman and RuPaul to carry in a Black History Month parade have been removed from their classrooms, a school district spokeswoman said Wednesday.

Children from other classes at the school displayed photos of more appropriate black role models, such as Nelson Mandela, Harriet Tubman and President Barack Obama, Los Angeles Unified School District spokeswoman Gayle Pollard-Terry said.

The incident occurred Friday at Wadsworth Avenue Elementary School in South Los Angeles, where the student body is more than 90 percent Latino.

District Superintendent Ramon Cortines placed the teachers - all white men who teach first, second and fourth grades - on administrative leave on Tuesday while an investigation is conducted, Pollard-Terry said.

"The superintendent will not let anyone make a mockery out of Black History Month," she said.

The issue was brought to district officials' attention by the Los Angeles chapter of the NAACP after the organization received a complaint early Monday, chapter President Leon Jenkins said.

Jenkins said he felt the teachers acted in concert to mock black heroes and children's innocence.

wrong venue for sarcastic retribution...shaping minds is a SERIOUS business...and the fact that these 3 white males chose not to find ANY goodness in black folks to highlight...yep, they need to move on.

Sad. Sad. Sad. But not unexpected though. Hope they get terminated for using bad judgement. :) :tup:
That was more than bad judgement. That was racism, hatred, and prejudice. They did not give a flip about those children. If a black man had mocked whites with Timothy Mcveigh, John w. Booth, etc. the black man might go to jail (disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace)
This is a delicate matter, well known black figures were used. They can claim stupidity. Still the assholes should be fired.

Lot of this going on. California had the noose and the mock black history celebration.

I say send their arse to the unemployment line. As someone previously stated, they are shaping the minds of our young people and are obviously tainting them. Why in the hell would Rodman be recognized? This is just a sad case of whyte folks poising kid’s minds.:shame::upset::mad:

No. Yall wanted inclusion and diversity. Now you are getting it. be happy. This is what you wanted. Yall hear that Rooster crowing? :uhoh:

Bad judgement is the new way WT covers up racism....

Too bad a lot of our black folks don't know the real difference between "bad judgement" and "racism"...

That was clearly racism....

Fired them...

There is another story about a college campus in California mocking Black History Month...

ALl of the white girls were asked to come to the party dressed in "ghetto" attire ... and were told to be LOUD and ignorant...

While the white men came dressed like thugs(pants saggin), gold grillz.... and what ever else to mimick what they felt portrayed ignorance of (SOME) blacks..

There is another story about a college campus in California mocking Black History Month...

ALl of the white girls were asked to come to the party dressed in "ghetto" attire ... and were told to be LOUD and ignorant...

While the white men came dressed like thugs(pants saggin), gold grillz.... and what ever else to mimick what they felt portrayed ignorance of (SOME) blacks..

Cant blame anybody but ourselves.....:shame:

WHOA!!!! Hol' up A-Rod!!! :D

What is this "ourselves" stuff? We're not a monolithic people so #1, we have to cease w/ this "hold hands and sing kum-bah-yah" stuff that was perpetuated down through time in this country. Me and my house (children) don't do "thug" and speak like "that" so I have zero connectivity to whatever it was or whomever it was those folx were trying to mock. :confused: I was well aware of the people I was supposed to take ownership of when I was yet a toddler. Mine is more cultural rather than racial(skin tone). :swink: :clap:

Trust me, I ain't going to sit here and say BET didn't contribute to them HORRIBLE image of black people.... and the local radio station for playing the crap they play of no substance int he black community...

But for a group of college kids to have a party saying this is what BLACK history is all about is IGNORANT on their part too....

WHOA!!!! Hol' up A-Rod!!! :D

What is this "ourselves" stuff? We're not a monolithic people so #1, we have to cease w/ this "hold hands and sing kum-bah-yah" stuff that was perpetuated down through time in this country. Me and my house (children) don't do "thug" and speak like "that" so I have zero connectivity to whatever it was or whomever it was those folx were trying to mock. :confused: I was well aware of the people I was supposed to take ownership of when I was yet a toddler. Mine is more cultural rather than racial(skin tone). :swink: :clap:

:lol: :tup:

Trust me, I ain't going to sit here and say BET didn't contribute to them HORRIBLE image of black people.... and the local radio station for playing the crap they play of no substance int he black community...

But for a group of college kids to have a party saying this is what BLACK history is all about is IGNORANT on their part too....

:tup:

I don't dress like a ghetto girl nor do I hang around people that wear their pants sagging so this "ourself" mess can be killed! :lol:

They knew what they did was wrong...can't blame nobody but THEMSELVES!!

Yeah,
What is worse is when black folks parade around these images, they didn't make it into the media by accident.

Man yall funny, Michelle Obama and President Obama don't talk slang, let their pants sag or act ghetto, got law degrees from an IVY league school, yet Americans are still surprised they speak correct proper English. :idea:

yall gonna get enough of white folks with that innocent "i didnt know it was offensive" bullshit. and Blame ourselves my ass!! I dont act like, dress, act like no thug and millions of black people dont either i.e. Obama and Michelle. Those whiteys knew exactly what the hell they were doing and im tired as fukk of black people always giving them a pass. All this "we are equal" is some bullshit. Please dont get me started this morning on this shit

And its another incident at a college in Missouri where these 2 whiet boys thru cotton balls all over the school for black history month. But yet we cant blame anyone but ourselves. GTFOH

Last edited:
yall gonna get enough of white folks with that innocent "i didnt know it was inncoent" bullshit. and Blame ourselves my ass!! I dont act like, dress, act like no thug and millions of black people dont either i.e. Obama and Michelle. Those whiteys knew exactly what the hell they were doing and im tired as fukk of black people always giving them a pass. All this "we are equal" is some bullshit. Please dont get me started this morning on this shit

And its another incident at a college in Missouri where these 2 whiet boys thru cotton balls all over the school for black history month. But yet we cant blame anyone but ourselves. GTFOH

Those that are saying.."We can't blame noone but ourselves" are part of the blame along with the racist out there...

:lol: :tup:

I'll take it a step further. :D I & my house have zero connectivity w/ "HBCU grads" lol :emlaugh: as well. lol

I do, however, have connectivity w/ PVAMUers and certain folx from Howard. :) I don't hold hands w/ anyone I'm not in tune w/ and I certainly don't sing "kum bah yah" @ a whims notice. :retard:

I'll take it a step further. :D I & my house have zero connectivity w/ "HBCU grads" lol :emlaugh: as well. lol

I do, however, have connectivity w/ PVAMUers and certain folx from Howard. :) I don't hold hands w/ anyone I'm not in tune w/ and I certainly don't sing "kum bah yah" @ a whims notice. :retard:

*snaps fingers*

That's what's wrong with you!!! :idea:

I knew it was something...that for whatever reason...I could feel you on things but then...you would keep talking and I'd be like...all hell naw, he fugging up now!!

Alright, it all makes sense now!! Nobody's perfect...:lol:

I tried to sell the SWAC to my younger sister but she is headed to the Big 12 (Kansas State). I am glad that she is leaving South MS. She needs to get out and expand her mindset beyond her current circle of friends. She lost her mind for one semester trying to keep up with them.

Folks let' be honest, if you can't interact with folks who look like you, you will never be able to interact with others.

Back