A reported 63,000-plus spectators were in attendance at the 14th annual Honda Battle of the Bands in the Georgia Dome Saturday in Atlanta.

The eight bands featured this year included: Alabama A&M, Alcorn State, Bethune-Cookman, Jackson State, Lincoln University (PA), Prairie View A&M and South Carolina State.

If, for some reason, you were not able to attend the event, we’ve found video of all eight performances.

Alabama A&M

Alcorn State

Bethune-Cookman

Jackson State

HBCU College Pennant Set
List Price: $53.95
Price: $53.95
Price Disclaimer

Lincoln University (PA)

Prairie View A&M

South Carolina State

Tennessee State

Time to choose.

Poll will close Tuesday, Feb. 2 at 11:59 p.m. (CT)

About The Author

HBCU Sports

25 Responses

1. Tish

I would like to know why Tennessee State’s video was not posted on your site? You said you had all 8 but there is only 7 band videos listed. Not Fair at all.

2. Big Cheze

I love Jackson State Sonic Boom…but my vote is for Lincoln, smallest of all the bands only been around since 06, I’m always for the underdog

3. Laura

Alabama A and M Marching Maroon and White Band showed up and showed out. They showed versatility by playing both sides of the field. They woke a lot of people up who have been hating on them. GO MMW!!!!!!!!!!! Also the Dancing Dolls showed out I am a huge supporter because it is nice to see young ladies do an awesome job without provocative dance moves. Coach D you are a great example for all young ladies wanting to dance.

4. Patrice

Lincoln was great. A new band with and a great performance….Finally A northern HBCU representing.

5. Johnie

People need to stop picking there favorite and pick the best band.Alcorn State and PVAM was the 2 best band’s.But Alcorn came out on top.

6. sonicBOOM

I don’t care what no one say Pvamu had the best show hands down… Plus they are in the NEW YORK NEWSPAPER for this show….. So to me the and millions of other people pv won….. Don’t get me wrong the boom was good and alcorn already did that show because it was on Bring it

7. Johnny Thomas

Hey Tenn State Crap band fans stop your whinning Steve Wonder has seen that lame band’s video. Alcorn drills were sloppy, the little girls from DD4L outdanced their dancers, it was plain for everyone at the dome this band is not ready for prime time and should have stayed in the country where they belong. The winners JSU, BCU, PVAMU, Bama A and M, SCSU, LU, TSU, ASU

• Daren Bourns

Yea man you are correct with your assessment TSU folks whin more than SU folks they either can not read or blind as a bat that crap bands video was included like the others and finally someone else agrees with me that alcorn has a hideous band

8. ANN

All of the band’s were good, but PVAMU had the best formation of all.Hey big up to all HBCU participants

9. Roddy

When I tell you AAMU showed their entire behinds!! Go Bulldogs, MMW you are the best!

10. Thee I Love

The BOOM hands down. The J5 were AWESOME and the band was Great!!! Fired up J State!!!!

11. California

Alabama A&M Marching Maroon & White had the best show and the best sound! Loudness doesn’t constitute the best show; NOT AT ALL!! Standing ovation and hand claps for Carlton Wright and his staff! I liked Lincoln University too! They did a great job their first time at HBOB! Keep up the hard work! Just don’t let your announcer sing anymore! And yes, WRITER, you left out Tennessee State from the article up top and no video. Not cool!

12. Andrea

JSU HANDS DOWN! Their show was cleaner and the music was on point and Chris! Sorry but the “BOOM” won this one!