Your Help Is Requested (ATL folks Especially)

Big Thunder

Wassup SwacPagers? I hope this short (yeah right) note finds all of you doing well.

I have heard it said that you cannot complain if you did not do something to change the state of things.
It is with this in mind that I need your help. I know that most of you do not live in the ATL or surrounding area,
but I am on a mission to get more television exposure of HBCU sports in the ATL. Given that, I have been sending
emails and making phone calls to my cable provider; Comcast. I want them to add CSTV to their channel lineup.

Now I know some of you may say, BT is really hooked. Well yeah, I guess I am, and I may even be a bit selfish,
but that is not what it is about. I figure the more exposure our schools get, the better off we will be.

So, given all of that, this is what I am asking you to do. Go to the following site. (http://www.cstv.com/getcstv/).
Once there, enter your name (real or imagined), email address, and your zip code. Now I am not asking you to be
untruthful, but my zip code is 30087. If you want to "use it", feel free. But if not, the most important thing is to send the information.
Once you do that, you will be taken to a page that asks you "why" you want the channel added to the line up.
I am not suggesting you copy and paste, but below is what I sent to them.

Hello Comcast! I want CSTV added to your channel line-up for very selfish reasons. Although my reasons are selfish, adding this channel would benefit an untapped segment of your cable viewing audience; followers, graduates, supporters and fans of HBCU Sports!

CSTV annually televises thousands of hours of original programming, features, talk shows and documentaries, as well as more women's sports coverage than any other network. Its regular season and championship event programming includes coverage of NCAA Division's I, II, and 3, featuring over 35 men's and women's college sports, in addition to nine NCAA championships. The network also holds multi?media and marketing rights for the Mountain West Conference, the Atlantic 10 Conference, Conference USA, the Big West Conference, the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and Navy athletics.

Given this, I would like to formally request the addition of CSTV in the Greater Atlanta Metro Area.

Thank you very kindly for your consideration.

Regards,
E.A. Crockett, Sr.

For those of you that will help out, I want to thank you now; in advance....:tup:

Your Help Is Requested (Especially ATL Folks)

Wassup Folks? I hope this short note (yeah right) finds all of you doing well.

I have heard it said that you cannot complain if you did not do something to change the state of things.
It is with this in mind that I need your help. I know that most of you do not live in the ATL or surrounding area,
but I am on a mission to get more television exposure of HBCU sports in the ATL. Given that, I have been sending
emails and making phone calls to my cable provider; Comcast. I want them to add CSTV to their channel lineup.

Now I know some of you may say, BT is really hooked. Well yeah, I guess I am, and I may even be a bit
selfish, but that is not what it is about. I figure the more exposure our schools get, the better off we will be.

So, given all of that, this is what I am asking you to do. Go to the following site. (http://www.cstv.com/getcstv/).
Once there, enter your name (real or imagined), email address, and your zip code. Now I am not asking you to be
untruthful, but my zip code is 30087. If you want to "use it", feel free. But if not, the most important thing is to send the information.
Once you do that, you will be taken to a page that asks you "why" you want the channel added to the line up.

Hello Comcast! I want CSTV added to your channel line-up for very selfish reasons. Although my reasons are selfish, adding this channel would benefit an untapped segment of your cable viewing audience; followers, graduates, supporters and fans of HBCU Sports!

CSTV annually televises thousands of hours of original programming, features, talk shows and documentaries, as well as more women's sports coverage than any other network. Its regular season and championship event programming includes coverage of NCAA Division's I, II, and 3, featuring over 35 men's and women's college sports, in addition to nine NCAA championships. The network also holds multi?media and marketing rights for the Mountain West Conference, the Atlantic 10 Conference, Conference USA, the Big West Conference, the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and Navy athletics.

Given this, I would like to formally request the addition of CSTV in the Greater Atlanta Metro Area.

Regards,
E.A. Crockett, Sr.

For those of you that will help out, I want to thank you now; in advance....:tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
this is something i will do this weekend. i have comcast, and i can always take advantage of another sports channel. thanks for the info!

now that you mention it, i could've sworn i've seen their logo before, then again my mommy has Charter in B'ham, so may be getting them mixed up.

BT you sure you don't already have it. Comcast added it a few months back in the Memphis area.

Yeah, I am sure! I just added the sports package yesterday, after reading that CSTV was included.
However, after a thorough search and two phone calls, they only offer the "Fox Sports Channels" (mostly west coast), but not CSTV the network. Here's to hoping that it is added soon.

Re: Your Help Is Requested (Especially ATL Folks)

We need to do this for ESPNU on Comcast, I got CSTV.....

Yeah, I am sure! I just added the sports package yesterday, after reading that CSTV was included.
However, after a thorough search and two phone calls, they only offer the "Fox Sports Channels" (mostly west coast), but not CSTV the network. Here's to hoping that it is added soon.
I hate the way Comcast gives certain channels to certain areas. Comcast added CSTV here over a year ago, but we just got TV One last year. Go figure...

We need ESPNU!!!!

I hate the way Comcast gives certain channels to certain areas. Comcast added CSTV here over a year ago, but we just got TV One last year. Go figure...

We need ESPNU!!!!

Comcast has ESPNU here in my area, but you have to get it with the Total Sports Package.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Wassup SwacPagers? I hope this short (yeah right) note finds all of you doing well.

Now I know some of you may say, BT is really hooked. Well yeah, I guess I am, and I may even be a bit selfish,
but that is not what it is about. I figure the more exposure our schools get, the better off we will be.

Regards,
E.A. Crockett, Sr.

They might add it shortly. We just got it in the 60644. It comes along with the sports package which includes FoxSports. They sacrificed BETJ though. :cry:

They might add it shortly. We just got it in the 60644. It comes along with the sports package which includes FoxSports. They sacrificed BETJ though. :cry:

Thanks for the info NT! I would not want to lose any channel in order to get it, but if that is what it takes...bye bye BETJ.

Back