Yo SWAC....bet you don't want to see this

the band fan

Baseball Fan
McGregor Park next weekend - Prairie View and TSU battling for the right to sit atop the SWAC...with that bright idea to move to Birmingham for the baseball tournament, you may need to reconsider and take it back to Houston. You'll set a record.

SU baseball will probably stay away from Texas after going 2-6 this season.

I just know the higher ups won't like that...a Alabama baseball tournament with no teams from Alabama participating..talk about a wasted gate.

anyway...next weekend at McGregor..TSU and PV in baseball..who would ever imagine?

the band fan said:
McGregor Park next weekend - Prairie View and TSU battling for the right to sit atop the SWAC...with that bright idea to move to Birmingham for the baseball tournament, you may need to reconsider and take it back to Houston. You'll set a record.

I just know the higher ups won't like that...a Alabama baseball tournament with no teams from Alabama participating..talk about a wasted gate.

anyway...next weekend at McGregor..TSU and PV in baseball..who would ever imagine?
The swac baseball title still goes thru Baton Rouge,La. Southern has no more away Swac games. All of our swac games have been on the road so far this season.For such a young team, I think we are in perfect position to win the regular season title. Congrats on the win and all, but Su was not at full strength. 2 pitchers(last season's swac pitcher of the year, and a reliever) were suspended this weekend for the series for violating team rule. Hope to see you in B.R. when the 2 teams have a rematch. The outcome will be different. I must admit, teams in the swac west have really improved esp. Pv and Tsu. good job.

your talking about Jose Pena as one of the suspended ones.....we beat him up last year in the series finale....your staff pitched a good game despite them so I doubt they would have much of an impact.

your offense lacked no suspensions but they aren't consistent. One of those kids who committed to PV but backed off at the last minute was getting creamed by a heckler.

our staff is just as young...a freshman won in game 1, game two was a sophomore and game three had 2 freshmen combine to get the win.

what was sickening was watching those Texans who rode the bench for SU look like they lost their milk money thinking what the hell happened.

from what I've seen, the other teams have caught up with SU and went out to find quality pitching and protect their home bases.

the band fan said:
your talking about Jose Pena as one of the suspended ones.....we beat him up last year in the series finale....your staff pitched a good game despite them so I doubt they would have much of an impact.

your offense lacked no suspensions but they aren't consistent. One of those kids who committed to PV but backed off at the last minute was getting creamed by a heckler.

our staff is just as young...a freshman won in game 1, game two was a sophomore and game three had 2 freshmen combine to get the win.

what was sickening was watching those Texans who rode the bench for SU look like they lost their milk money thinking what the hell happened.

from what I've seen, the other teams have caught up with SU and went out to find quality pitching and protect their home bases.
Congrats like I said. You did what you were suppose to do. Lets see what happens at Lee Hines. Swac baseball has improved drastically in the west. We will still win the tournament and regular season :cool: . No one has depth like SU. :hat:

No one has dept. like SU.

care to rephrase that? I hope you did not mean depth cause I did not see it....

that's some scheduling to have all the games at home in the 2nd half.....how did that rotation get sneaked in the past meetings?

the band fan said:
care to rephrase that? I hope you did not mean depth cause I did not see it....

that's some scheduling to have all the games at home in the 2nd half.....how did that rotation get sneaked in the past meetings?
The schedule been like that for years now.It can be bad and good. With a veteran team its ok. But a very young and inexperience club it can be deadly.Like I said we are in perfect position to make our move. You will see the depth when it counts trust that.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Ok i mistyped a word. By the way when is the parade. :dizzy:

lol :emlaugh: you know tsu and pv don't ever have anything to celebrate for in texas. but like u said ill remember these comments when they come to the bluff.

the band fan said:
what has SU won this year? holla back at me when you think of it
Just be patient, its coming. What has pvu won this year? It seems it will take you longer since I heard Rickey Thomas was suspended for discipline problems.

the band fan said:

It is called the Southern University effect. The SUperior program set the standards by which all are measured. Consequently after having 14 players drafted in the last two years other programs work diligently to close the gap. When you look at TXSU upsetting #2 Rice, you look at the tempo that was set by the Mighty Jaguars who have taken out #2 Cal State Fullerton and #2 LSU in the past. I am pleased that the SWAC is getting better in baseball (We sure as hell need to do something about basketball though).

Kudos to TXSU & PV...........(see you in BR) :lol:

the band fan said:
check the box scores in the last game.....still won without him.....we don't chase them..we replace them

Wow this is beyond sad. Your ranting and raving only proves how dominant SU is. Not to mention the fact that you're a jag and a panther. Your screen name should be mutt. You only get excited when ya'll play SU........ :smh:

mighty hornet said:
ummm, baseball attendance "smack"????? :retard: :retard:

damn!
Com'on Mighty Hornet, he's from PV. What do you expect him to smack about?

the band fan said:

If you want to talk attendence why the the tournament leave Baton Rouge. 1000 plus paying fans in attendence all 3 days. Some times I really don't understand this conference.

Back