Wrongful Death

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
This is a friend of mine's cousin....please keep the family in your prayers.

The mother was notified of her son's death 8 hours later, and as of today, she has not seen her son's body, nor does she know the cause of death. Also, the article is not correct. He died in the police car while being transported to jail. The ambulance arrived at the scene, but left because he didn't require their assistance. The mother is visiting with Senator Royce West who will perform his own investigation as well as their own autopsy. The mother spoke with Chief Bolton, who supports his arresting officers and showed NO support or sympathy for the family. :smh: Keenon was only 27 years old. :(

Death of man who resisted arrest investigated
07/02/2002
From Staff Reports
Dallas police are investigating after a 27-year-old man who resisted arrest Monday afternoon died, officials said.
Keenon Forge was pronounced dead about 3:30 p.m. at Baylor University Medical Center, according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office.
An autopsy is planned to determine the cause of death.
The incident began about 2 p.m. Monday, when police received a call from the Fire Department about a traffic accident at Central Expressway and Bryan Street, said Senior Cpl. Steve Walthall, a Dallas police spokesman.
"After investigating the accident ... it was determined that they were going to arrest the suspect," he said.
Cpl. Walthall said he did not have details about the accident or why Mr. Forge was taken into custody.
"As the officers attempted to arrest the suspect, he resisted," he said. "The officers controlled the suspect and got him arrested."
Authorities then decided to take Mr. Forge to the hospital, and he stopped breathing while being transported in an ambulance, Cpl. Walthall said.
He said the officers involved in the case were being interviewed by homicide detectives Monday evening.

This awful scenario is being repeated more and more often. I encourage your friend to obtain good legal counsel and have him make any statements to the press, etc. for them.

Though this will not bring Keenon back, it will definitely pave the way to obtaining restitution from those involved. I could be wrong, but it always seems like when families get the Sharptons and Jackson involved, they woof loudly, but nobody gets paid.

My sympathy to the family.

Sympathy to the family.

"The officers controlled the suspect and got him arrested."
:confused: :confused: :confused: well dayum, how did they control him? I hope this gets investigated thoroughly and there is positive closure for the family.

Back