Wright vs Trinidad (May 14th on PPV)

i'll say Trinidad because he was sharp in his last fight. He was very fast and still had his power.

If Winky Wright can box and use his jabb as a weapon, he will win by decision. If not, Tito will win.

I got Winky in this one, if he fights the right fight. If he boxes Tito, he should beat him handily like Robber said. If he decides to turn it into a slug fest, Tito will get him up out of there.

Psycho, Tito did look good against Mayorga, but Mayorga was tailor made for him. Puncher, and not a fighter, and then Mayorga came up 2 weight classes to fight him. I'll admit Tito came in from a long lay off, but at the same time, Mayorga doesn't have middleweight punching power, and he hasn't tasted power from a fighter as big as Tito was. Impressive nonetheless.

Should be a good one though, I got my NICEweiser's, and potato chips ready for this one.

NICE

D-NICE said:
I got Winky in this one, if he fights the right fight. If he boxes Tito, he should beat him handily like Robber said. If he decides to turn it into a slug fest, Tito will get him up out of there.

Psycho, Tito did look good against Mayorga, but Mayorga was tailor made for him. Puncher, and not a fighter, and then Mayorga came up 2 weight classes to fight him. I'll admit Tito came in from a long lay off, but at the same time, Mayorga doesn't have middleweight punching power, and he hasn't tasted power from a fighter as big as Tito was. Impressive nonetheless.

Should be a good one though, I got my NICEweiser's, and potato chips ready for this one.

NICE

That is true. I forgot about the fact that Mayorga jumped up in weight. I guess we'll see Sat!!!

This fight wasn't even close. Winky simple proved he's a much better boxer than Tito. It's one thing to beat up on a guy moving up two weight classes that has absolutely no defense. And it's another fighting against a master boxer immediately after fighting the dude who moved up two weight classes and has absolutely no defense. Real smart of Tito to fight Mayorga and then Wright.

Wasn't even close. I expected Wright to frustrate Tito, but DAMN!!!

Robber said:
This fight wasn't even close. Winky simple proved he's a much better boxer than Tito. It's one thing to beat up on a guy moving up two weight classes that has absolutely no defense. And it's another fighting against a master boxer immediately after fighting the dude who moved up two weight classes and has absolutely no defense. Real smart of Tito to fight Mayorga and then Wright.

Wasn't even close. I expected Wright to frustrate Tito, but DAMN!!!

I knew after the first round that Tito was in for a long night! Big ups to Winky! The Tampa/St.Pete area is going crazy right now! The funny thing is Winky told everyone he would win this fight easily. A local DJ here in Tampa called him on his cell phone live on the radio that Friday and Winky damn near promised a victory. Even I didn't think he would do it that easy.

Co-sign Rob.

I knew if he boxed him, he would win easily, but I wasn't expecting it to be that easy. Looking at Tito, he always had trouble against fighters that just boxed him, but they would get careless because they would knock Tito down, and thinking they had him hurt, they'd abandon boxing him, and go for the knockout, and that's when Tito would strike.

Winky, looked like he took pages from the De La Hoya, and Hopkins fights with Tito, and boxed him up. I think Tito had nightmare's Saturday night after the fight, because he ate that jab all night. Winky hit him at will, and basically did what he wanted to the entire fight.

If the Hopkins fight didn't teach me anything, the fight Saturday night sure did, and that's Tito is not a middleweight. Sure he can walk around at 180 everyday, but when facing a big fighter that's been fighting at the weight, his power that made him one of the most feared fighters at welter, is nothing.

Winky like Hopkins, was never hurt in the fight, and like Hopkins, Trinidad looked confused, and out of his element.

He retired yesterday, which I don't think he should've, he should just do like De La Hoya, and Mosely, and go back down to welterweight. There are some attractive fights down there, and some that are winnable.

I think the public got too hyped up on Tito fighting at 154/160 with easy win against Fernando Vargas, who was a shot fighter at the time (I still can't believe they awarded him the fight over Winky), and an even easier time against an overrated William Joppy.

I think if Winky, and Hopkins fight at the end of the year, that could be one of the best middleweight fights in a long long time.

NICE

NASTYNUPE said:
A complete waste of $49.99

Yeah Frat.....

Tell me about it..............I told myself that after the Tyson/Holifield ear biting fight that I would not ever get pay-per-view again...............duuahh. :slap: :slap:

I am definitely through with p-p-v!!! :argue2:

NASTYNUPE said:
A complete waste of $49.99
Why was it a waste??? You got to view one of the greatest boxing exhibitions ever. Sometimes, you just have to sit back and appreciate a performance, even when you were expecting a much more competitive fight.

Can anyone think of a fight between two world-class fighters being such a mismatch. And I don't mean one of them getting KO'd early because he got careless. When a fighter wins every round, that's something, when the opponent is considered an all-time great and not past his prime.

I wouldn't call it a waste either. Granted I thought the fight would be a little more competitive, and not so one sided, but at the same time, watching Winky work like that was something in itself.

That's the breaks in boxing. It wasn't like Tito wasn't trying, he didn't lie down, and he didn't quit, he just got outboxed (in a major way no doubt), no shame in that. The better man won.

NICE

Back