Would have loved to see him in the SWAC

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It's the summer. You never know what happens between now and February. These kids are fickle. A Power 5 school can swoop in and change his mind. He could get cold feet about ULL and go somewhere else.

I would be more concerned if he made a commitment in late January instead of late July

reserving a spot in case something bigger comes and then the cycle starts

he has a great season...Big 12 weakling like Kansas, Iowa State comes calling since they normally recruit against mid-majors..he decommits so ULL now starts to poach from the steal SU may commit early and now SU scrambles

kid doesn't reserve a spot and play the field he loses all offers after a bad season and FCS is all that's out there

or a coaching change can wipe out all commitments

reserving a spot in case something bigger comes and then the cycle starts

he has a great season...Big 12 weakling like Kansas, Iowa State comes calling since they normally recruit against mid-majors..he decommits so ULL now starts to poach from the steal SU may commit early and now SU scrambles

kid doesn't reserve a spot and play the field he loses all offers after a bad season and FCS is all that's out there

or a coaching change can wipe out all commitments
They know him. His team has been winning 7 on 7 tournaments all across the country.

SU should go after this kid very hard...

I told you all, Odums should recruit this kid strictly off of "racism"

Tell him about how these racist ass schools don't give 2 shats about him.

Forget all that football talk, and tell this kid the real truth.

Man look, no way this kid shouldn't sign with us or anybody in this conference if we just be real about what is going on in this world and at these schools.

It's not that hard dayum.

Fuk all that political correct stuff, Odums should be or posses a Malcolm X spirit on every recruiting visit.

I bet Malcolm X could get this kid to come to SU or any HBCU.

If you aint going into these homes with a Malcolm X persona, I'd rather Odums or any of our coaches to quit..

It's time mane

ULL?

Man Lol

Man, I don't have Odums FB page or whatever to reach out to this dude, nor that I'm even on FB, but members on this board that know Odums and folks on his staff, please tell him to change up his tactics when going after these kids. It's time for him to start bringing in some big dogs that's ranked 3, 4, and 5, yea I said it.

If he's not on some Malcolm X type shat now, he needs to get on it, Preach to these kids from 9th grade about their true blackness and heritage, that's the only way we are going to get these kids to attend our schools

TELL ODUMS TO HAVE THE WHOLE FOOTBALL TEAM TO WATCH HIDDEN COLORS 4, Shit they can borrow my copy

MOVIE NIGHT..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
ULL?

Man Lol

Man, I don't have Odums FB page or whatever to reach out to this dude, nor that I'm even on FB, but members on this board that know Odums and folks on his staff, please tell him to change up his tactics when going after these kids. It's time for him to start bringing in some big dogs that's ranked 3, 4, and 5, yea I said it.

If he's not on some Malcolm X type shat now, he needs to get on it, Preach to these kids from 9th grade about their true blackness and heritage, that's the only way we are going to get these kids to attend our schools

TELL ODUMS TO HAVE THE WHOLE FOOTBALL TEAM TO WATCH HIDDEN COLORS 4, Shit they can borrow my copy

MOVIE NIGHT..

Admire your spirit BH but you do realize you're not going to have enough scholarship $$$$$ to offer and acquire every single 4*/5* prospect brah. Some will indeed slip through the cracks of selfishness and desire to perform for those other folks, while accepting whatever responses they receive from those people. We shouldn't hold it against any young man or woman who voluntarily chooses not to attend one of our schools. We have to respect their and their parent(s)/guardian(s) decision. It's our job and responsibility to fully support, empower, and laude those who voluntarily apply and WANT to be on our campus. Damned the rest, imho. :D

[QUOTE="Bewildered, post: 2547009, member: 33404"]Admire your spirit BH but you do realize you're not going to have enough scholarship $$$$$ to offer and acquire every single 4*/5* prospect brah. Some will indeed slip through the cracks of selfishness and desire to perform for those other folks, while accepting whatever responses they receive from those people. We shouldn't hold it against any young man or woman who voluntarily chooses not to attend one of our schools. We have to respect their and their parent(s)/guardian(s) decision. It's our job and responsibility to fully support, empower, and laude those who voluntarily apply and WANT to be on our campus. Damned the rest, imho. :D[/QUOTE]

We may not catch them all, which is all fine and dandy, I'd rather them stay in our conference, let the other schools grab them, hell even yall can get some of these kids lol, long as they don't go to these racist ass schools.
Some will slip, we can't save and catch everybody, but hopefully as more start to come to our conference and 'wake' the hell up, then the money for scholarships will start to flow.
The money flow will shift once these kids start coming to our schools, if we get kids that are ranked 4 and 5 star, the attendance will go up and the money will come.

We may not catch them all, which is all fine and dandy, I'd rather them stay in our conference, let the other schools grab them, hell even yall can get some of these kids lol, long as they don't go to these racist ass schools.
Some will slip, we can't save and catch everybody, but hopefully as more start to come to our conference and 'wake' the hell up, then the money for scholarships will start to flow.
The money flow will shift once these kids start coming to our schools, if we get kids that are ranked 4 and 5 star, the attendance will go up and the money will come.

Do your part, BH, and recruit for SU. Some of us have been doing our part a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for our schools as well. Lets [all of us] change the course of the ship we've witnessed using and exploiting these kids for their personal gain.

When I look @ those bcs buster schools and ALL that are affiliated w/ them [just for football], it's almost mind-boggling. How many 6-figure broadcasters are there available @ those games? ::read:: Support staffers? 6-figure equipment managers just for football? 6-figure facility managers just for the football venues? 6-figure dining managers just for the football venues? blah blah blah. Those kids create(d) economic wealth for MANY off of their blood, sweat, tears, pains, sprains, tears, breaks, et al. smh THAT is what I'm seeking to change and have sought to change since the 1980s.

The ULL's, ULM's and Troy's are our (BCF programs) biggest challenge these days. And the players are only going there because it is FBS.....even if they're just FBS in name only. The kids like the HBCU's but they are torn sometimes it seems. Now some kids are just lost and think HBCU's are worthless....they tend to learn their lessons later on down the road; we can't spend time on that foolishness.

The best thing we can do as alumni is give what we can when ever we can. If SU, JSU or a PVAM made the jump to FBS, you'd never hear of a La Tech ever again. At least not with the top Black recruits you won't. But those kids just want the title, so they go to Arkansas State or where ever.

Admire your spirit BH but you do realize you're not going to have enough scholarship $$$$$ to offer and acquire every single 4*/5* prospect brah. Some will indeed slip through the cracks of selfishness and desire to perform for those other folks, while accepting whatever responses they receive from those people. We shouldn't hold it against any young man or woman who voluntarily chooses not to attend one of our schools. We have to respect their and their parent(s)/guardian(s) decision. It's our job and responsibility to fully support, empower, and laude those who voluntarily apply and WANT to be on our campus. Damned the rest, imho. :D

Ditto.......for the most part. LOL I don't agree with damning the rest though. People have their reasons for their choices and like you said, we can't hold it against them. Like you said, we just don't have enough $$$$ for al the 4-5 stars.

The ULL's, ULM's and Troy's are our (BCF programs) biggest challenge these days. And the players are only going there because it is FBS.....even if they're just FBS in name only. The kids like the HBCU's but they are torn sometimes it seems. Now some kids are just lost and think HBCU's are worthless....they tend to learn their lessons later on down the road; we can't spend time on that foolishness.

The best thing we can do as alumni is give what we can when ever we can. If SU, JSU or a PVAM made the jump to FBS, you'd never hear of a La Tech ever again. At least not with the top Black recruits you won't. But those kids just want the title, so they go to Arkansas State or where ever.

Now that's fosho!

SU should go after this kid very hard...

I told you all, Odums should recruit this kid strictly off of "racism"

Tell him about how these racist ass schools don't give 2 shats about him.

Forget all that football talk, and tell this kid the real truth.

Man look, no way this kid shouldn't sign with us or anybody in this conference if we just be real about what is going on in this world and at these schools.

It's not that hard dayum.

Fuk all that political correct stuff, Odums should be or posses a Malcolm X spirit on every recruiting visit.

I bet Malcolm X could get this kid to come to SU or any HBCU.

If you aint going into these homes with a Malcolm X persona, I'd rather Odums or any of our coaches to quit..

It's time mane

We already offered the kid BigHead. A few months back. So we went after him. I remember when he tweeted out the offer from SU.

Back