Will Alcorn vs. Bethune-Cookman get Moved or Cancelled?

Excellent question as the storm is purported to turn in that direction heading into the weekend. Perhaps to a venue change to Alcorn St [I know, last minute but....].

Excellent question as the storm is purported to turn in that direction heading into the weekend. Perhaps to a venue change to Alcorn St [I know, last minute but....].

That would be the common sense thing to do. Alcorn is defending SWAC Champs so they should get to host...

OR they could do like Alcorn vs. TX Southern did a few years ago and play in a neutral site.

That would be the common sense thing to do. Alcorn is defending SWAC Champs so they should get to host...

OR they could do like Alcorn vs. TX Southern did a few years ago and play in a neutral site.

Last minute logistics but as of last week when the potentiality for the storm to turn, etc, I would've thought the officials in charge would've had some type of contingency plan in place.

I think it will get cancelled.

It's only Tuesday so they could send the game to Alcorn or another venue right now if they were proactive.

BraveHeart123 - being the SWAC champ does not carry much weight. Secondly, the SWAC is 9-2 in this series.

JSU had to deal with this 3 times and each time we played Hampton. I don't think it was the MSC but we were supposed to play Hampton in Orlando in 2006 but they had to move the game to Hampton due to the storm in Florida. In 2005, we played Hampton in Detroit the week after Hurricane Katrina. Lots of people had to change their plans. In 2008, JSU and Hampton also had to deal with a storm. It passed before the game but it wasn't looking good at first.

So far so good here. TS Hermine is set to hit the Gulf Coast/ Pensacola area, about 270 miles from Daytona. I think it will be fine.

Back