Where would u draft Maurice Claret?

Devil's Gun Trigger Man

onward and upward son!
I really hope he slides to my Cowboys in like the 2nd or 3rd round, because he really seems like he's in way better shape and has a way better attitude. I think it would also push him to work even harder to prove that he does have the skills to play in the league. He would be great for Dallas because Parcells is looking for someone to help Julius Jones out so he won't get worn down with the 30-40 carries in a game. It would be a dynamic duo, just like Jerome Bettis and Duce Staley, as long as no ones ego jumps up.

I would take a chance on him the first chance I had in the 2nd round.

Everybody know's he can carry the load, the only question is how did the 2 year layoff affected him.

Look at Jimmy Smith.
He didn't play for 2 year's ...................... broke leg the first year and a kidney ailment the next year.

It did not affect his play once he GOT ON THE FIELD.

Clarett wasn't a ever a first round prospect, even after his freshman year. He does appear to be in better shape and more humbled, but GMs and coaches still have the image of him last year in their minds. He hasn't played in two years, and there are doubts about his durability. Unless he has extremely great workouts at the combine, I would be shocked to see him go above the 4th round.

JBlink said:
It's being reported that he ran a 4.8 at the combine. I would say that 4th round is being nice.

:shame: :shame: Beyond sad......That kid made a fool outta himself. In addition to that he's also a marked man in the NFL.

He is looking at the 8th round. Plus owners just need an excuse to punish him for his treachery against Ohio State.

KCPVPanther

Claret ran a 4.8 and quit before the end of the workouts. I would be surprised if he gets drafted at all. Is it too late for the Arena League.

PsychoJag said:
:shame: :shame: Beyond sad......That kid made a fool outta himself. In addition to that he's also a marked man in the NFL.

Pretty much.
He was FAT Mouthing WAAAAY too much at OSU/after the OSU drama. I hope you at least have an Associates son, cause good looks can only take you so far in this life.

He has proffessionally and personally shot himself in the foot.

I saw the combine this weekend, and saw him run Saturday. That had to be one of the most pathetic displays of speed by a running back I've seen in a long time.

I would've thought with the 2 year lay off this kid would be in the gym, fine tuning everything about his physical abilities, and though he looked better (more fit) than last year, he looked like an ice wagon Saturday. Especially when you consider Jason White from OU ran a 4.9, and 3 offensive lineman at 285+ ran 4.9's.

I know he performed on the field 2 years ago, but a lot has changed in the game in the 2 years he missed, and with NFL linebackers running 4.5, and 4.6 speeds, he'll definitely have a tough time gaining yards in the NFL.

I'm actually pulling for this kid to succeed, but right now, he hasn't shown nothing but his mouth this far, and right now he's a 6th, or 7th round pick at best, if he even gets drafted.

NICE

FREE AGENT ROUTE FOR THE BIG CRY BABY!!! :D I BET THAT HAMPTON'S JEROME MATHIS COULD RUN THE FORTY FASTER BACKWARDS THAN CLARET COULD RUN FOWARD.

I would not draft him;to small and to slow.There are linebackers in the NFL can run faster than him;and a few lineman too.

I wouldn't waste a dreaft pick on him. Just look at his career. Slow in college, always got hurt, and quit in games that his coach made him mad. Slow now and quite the workout. Still has a bad attitude. I'd get as a free agent pickup to save a couple hundred thousand dollars.

Me personally I would take a chance on him, but in the LATER rounds. I think too much stock is placed in a combine workout. If u ask anybody u got two different kinds of speed. U got workout speed, and u got football speed. U got a whole bunch of folks that are workout warriors that run the 4.2-4.3's and bench 225lbs. 35+ times, and do nothing on the field. I just want somebody to give the kid a shot. I think he will really do his thing because he has a lot to prove. Think about it this way for all the people talking bad about him. Every level he's been on he has succeeded. Really he was the main reason OSU got and won that bowl game. U telling me now that he has forgotten how to play? I just think it would be sad if this kid doesn't get a shot, but somebody like Eric Crouch gets multiple chances.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
Me personally I would take a chance on him, but in the LATER rounds. I think too much stock is placed in a combine workout. If u ask anybody u got two different kinds of speed. U got workout speed, and u got football speed. U got a whole bunch of folks that are workout warriors that run the 4.2-4.3's and bench 225lbs. 35+ times, and do nothing on the field. I just want somebody to give the kid a shot. I think he will really do his thing because he has a lot to prove. Think about it this way for all the people talking bad about him. Every level he's been on he has succeeded. Really he was the main reason OSU got and won that bowl game. U telling me now that he has forgotten how to play? I just think it would be sad if this kid doesn't get a shot, but somebody like Eric Crouch gets multiple chances.

If you drop from a 4.5 to a 4.9 in the 40 yd dash in 2 years that will affect your play on the field. Don't forget at Ohio State he had a monster O line. Basically he messed over himself by not being humble and trying to take the NFL on by himself. You best believe if he ever gets on a NFL field he will be marked.

:lecture:

He deserves a chance to make the NFL. If Eric Crouch gets second and third chances to make the NFL. Then so does Claret. I just think that he won't get drafted until in the later rounds unless he improves his forty time. Also stop running his mouth and just show what you can do. I still say that Hampton's Jerome Mathis can run faster backwards that Claret can run foward. :gift:

I wouldn't draft Clarett at all. He ran a 4.9! 6'26'' 325 lb lineman were running 4.9 today! He is not a big banger, between the tackles type back, and if you run a 4.9 you can't get outside on anyone, Plus he hasn't played ball in 2 years. All he hashad to do was get ready for the draft and to come in and run that slow, he doesn't deserve anything!

SUGE:

I agree with you 100%. He needs to go the Free Agent Route. I would draft Derrick Winbush of Fort Valley St. or Charles Anthony of Tennessee St. before I would draft Claret. I am sick and tired of hearing about Claret. Talk about someone that actually outrun Lineman. :sick:

Suge said:
I wouldn't draft Clarett at all. He ran a 4.9! 6'26'' 325 lb lineman were running 4.9 today! He is not a big banger, between the tackles type back, and if you run a 4.9 you can't get outside on anyone, Plus he hasn't played ball in 2 years. All he hashad to do was get ready for the draft and to come in and run that slow, he doesn't deserve anything!

I agree 100%!

I WOULD NOT draft him at all. He is a distraction and a quitter. I would'nt have him on my team. He is a spoiled brat mommas boy.

Can we stop talking about Claret and start talking our fellow HBCU'S who are at the combines. Like Jerome Mathis of Hampton University who broke Deion Sanders Combine Record. Can we talk about DB's Nick Collins of BCC and Ronald Bartell of Howard who ran the fastest times in their groups today? Kenneth Pettway of Grambling is at the Combines today and no one is mentioning him, our fellow SWAC Guy. But we can talk about the CRY BABY, SPOILED CLARET. I WOULD MAKE HIM COME IN AS A FREE AGENT AND PROVE HIMSELF ALL OVER AGAIN. Maybe Dennis Green will draft him and give him a chance!

Back