What was the lowest point of your fanhood?

2kool

We've all had them. Some are different than others.

Most A&M folks might say last year's 3-8 shit show, but mine was the 2011 SWAC championship. Jones left Deonte Mason on the field on ONE LEG while GSU looked marginal and unmotivated all game. Once Doug & GSU figured out Jones was sitting on another small lead, they adjusted, got fired up and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

If we had a true AD at the time, Jones would have hitch hiked his azz back to Normal.

I still get nightmares of watching Mason gimp around Legion Field and Jones standing on the sideline with his thumb up is ass! :redhot:

SWAC_Championship_291.jpg

From 2010 to 2014, I didn't care at all about the Cubs, because they were bad. Not only didn't I care about the team, I was apathetic about baseball in general those years. The postseason losses were tough, but the aforementioned years were the lowest of the lowest. Just took away the love of the sport. Got it back over the last two seasons, though.

We've all had them. Some are different than others.

Most A&M folks might say last year's 3-8 shit show, but mine was the 2011 SWAC championship. Jones left Deonte Mason on the field on ONE LEG while GSU looked marginal and unmotivated all game. Once Doug & GSU figured out Jones was sitting on another small lead, they adjusted, got fired up and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

If we had a true AD at the time, Jones would have hitch hiked his azz back to Normal.

I still get nightmares of watching Mason gimp around Legion Field and Jones standing on the sideline with his thumb up is ass! :redhot:

SWAC_Championship_291.jpg

this is the game that got Jones fired...fans were heated about him not putting Isabelle in the game and things were never the same for Jones. Kaderius Lacey RB who had his best season that year was rolling that game. T Pride wr was doing his thing as well.

A&M is supposed to have two SCG titles

even grambling fans at the game were saying thanks for the Christmas present lol straight giveaway

Last edited:
2008-2012 with Southern. After having a surprise season in 2007 that very nearly ended in a trip to the SCG, 2008 was supposed to the year that Pete got SU back on track. Had so many near misses with the games against Tenn State, FAMU, and PV. We still had a shot, but the team looked dazed and confused in the dome. The way the 2009 season ended was so disappointing, then having to sit through the worst season in school history the following year. Followed that horrible season with 2 more losing seasons which was highlighted with a 6-0 loss to mf'n Valley at home on national TV. This was clearly not the SU football that I grew up watching in the 90s and early 2000s. All hope was restored after Odums led us to victory over FAMU, Jackson State (hahahaha), and Grambling.

2010-2013 with Florida. Pretty much once Tebow left, the program took a nosedive. Urban Meyer got burnt out and left, and the AD for some reason chose an inexperienced, defensive-minded coach to run a top tier national program. Dude only focused on defense and contributed to depleting almost all serviceable talent. He somehow managed to win 11 games in 2012 giving folks a false sense of security, then came the nosedive in 2013. For my entire college football fandom, I'd never seen Florida have a losing season and not play in a bowl game. Then came the 4-8 season, highlighted by a loss to FCS Georgia Southern. Muschamp found ways to lose games by 21+ points despite the defense only giving up under 100 yards total offense. How is that possible!!!!!! Florida was the laughingstock of the SEC, and I celebrated when they finally showed him the door.

Post-Superbowl with Oakland. It was like the entire organization took a huge nosedive after getting blown out by Jon Gruden and Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl. Just couldn't pull things together to get back on track. This funk lasted 12 seasons until the organization showed some life last season. I fully expect The Raiders to win the AFC West this season.

Last edited:
Alabama, 1997-2006

Like most Alabamians born after Jim Crow, grew up on Alabama football (as well as AAMU), but that discussion is for another thread because some wont like or understand it. But I seriously could write a small book on the agony, despicable football, buffoonery and bullisht that carried on at Alabama after Bob Bockrath ran Gene Stallings out of Tuscaloosa. I swear before God and 12 judges, there were 4 or 5 "rock bottoms". First, Mike Dubose was ill-equipped to be a head coach, but Bear's boys still had a death grip on the program, so they got what they meddlin azzes deserved. We lost to LA TECH on national television. Folks were sending Dubose death threats, which probably should have been carried out after losing to a SORRY 2000 Auburn team 9-0 in the cold rain and NCAA sanctions on the horizon (Albert Means was NOT good enough to pay to play in the SEC). Then there's Frachione bolting for Texas A&M, leaving us to hire Mike Price who took it upon himself to go groveling around at a TIDDY BAR after finding out he was hired. This sum-gun was in the strip club making it rain as a celebration. Never even coached a down of Spring practice...which led to hiring Mike Shula over Sly Croom. Sigh. Croom goes ro Mississippi State and commenced to setting that offense back to the stone age, but he beat Alabama 3 out of 4 seasons, and I LOVED it. He even beat Nick Sabans 2007 team. Meanwhile, Shula was stockpiling 2 and 3 star no-names like Chris Capps. FUGG outta here.

After Shula was fired after the 2006 season, my lowest point was when Rich Rodriguez turned us down. I remember listening to Finebaum one evening after work. 75 year old Gene Stallings said "Now I'm not gonna campaign for the job, but if Mal needs me to come back, he has my number." Funny how that all turned out.

Valley going 0-11 including getting spanked by Delta State

Outside of the 1-15 season, it was last year with the Cowboys. EVERYONE knew how trash Weeden and the other backup were for the Cowboys but ol Jerry subjected us to it until it was too late even when the division was still winnable. Like the WWE, the Cowboys won't experience consistent greatness until JJ is not the GM

Last edited:
Alcorn - Dr Johnny Thomas years. Nuff Said. We went 16 straight at one point with straight Ls. Not going to go into anymore of that. Too too painful

Atlanta Braves --NOW, along with that damn Game 7 against the Twins. Damn Jack Morris! Damn Him! damn him to hell. 10 shutout innings pitched, who does that type of s#@t. :mad: Sigh! :( Respect the great Kirby Puckett too much to say the same.

49ers -2005-2010, Being inside the ten yard line with 4 plays in the Super Bowl and can't score. Damn. AND LAST DAMN YEAR!!!

Seminoles - Wide Right I, II, III and Wide Left

Im at my lowest point with the Braves and Lakers.

<-------- Lakers. Couldn't even watch the last two years.
<-------- Southern. Stumps last year/ Odums interim year ... Listened on the radio and mostly turned that sh-t off each week.
<-------- Redskins. I should have had some, but I watched each horrible freakin moment other than the playoff year of RG3's time in Washington

Post-Superbowl with Oakland. It was like the entire organization took a huge nosedive after getting blown out by Jon Gruden and Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl. Just couldn't pull things together to get back on track. This funk lasted 12 seasons until the organization showed some life last season. I fully expect The Raiders to win the AFC West this season.
I can expound all day on this topic. I was about to say something different until I realized that I was typing an essay so I deleted it all. I will just say this, after so many seasons of being down, we still are like the 6th most winningest team in the NFL with 3 SuperBowls and enough HOF players and prestige that other teams wish they had.

Yeah, the long drought is finally over....

Losing to PV in that High School Staduim in the rain. Nothing is more demeaning than losing to 0-80

Runner up- Losing to AAMU it was AAMU first victory over the big 3 after joining the SWAC. I couldnt call them 0-13 any more.

Losing to PV in that High School Staduim in the rain. Nothing is more demeaning than losing to 0-80

Runner up- Losing to AAMU it was AAMU first victory over the big 3 after joining the SWAC. I couldnt call them 0-13 any more.
Yes, I was already pissed that we were in the full band uniforms in 100+ degree temperatures(thankfully we took the jackets off), but then the rain came right as we were doing our field show. We get on the buses to change clothes only for it to be hotter!!!! Going through all of that and watching us to lose to mf'n PV was horrible.

Yes, I was already pissed that we were in the full band uniforms in 100+ degree temperatures(thankfully we took the jackets off), but then the rain came right as we were doing our field show. We get on the buses to change clothes only for it to be hotter!!!! Going through all of that and watching us to lose to mf'n PV was horrible.

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha man i'm tickled lololololololololololol I'm sorry for the personal misery so many experienced but it seems like God was wanting to pay y'all back in many ways that day, inclusive of the loss lol. Y'all were miserable after the downpour, miserable after the heat index kicked up [humidity of 91+%], and we were in the mid-day during the HEAT of the day playing the game. What a WONDERFUL way to usher in the much needed "change" that PVAMU was seeking to come to fruition and some of us enjoyed every single second of it including the tejas heat. :D We intentionally held practices during that time so the heat was nothing new to us lol.

My lowest point of fandom ever was when I took the then wife to her first and LAST lol SFC and she started cheering for Grambling and their band. She thought I was kidding when I told her we were divorcing. No woman of mine can EVER cheer/support nothing but PVAMU exclusively. Where is @DallasCowboyGirl ? She and I are still in negotiations after 26 years and she STILL hasn't come to her good sense yet lol. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Southern going Undefeated in 03 until Alcorn changed that by giving us our 1st post that year. Losing to Alabama State in the 04 SWAC Championship. Losing to PV in 06. Even went to that same stadium for a High School Football game last year. Losing to Texas Southern in our final game, I forgot the year. Stump Mitchell not even scoring one TD to at least beat MVSU. Plus, who wanted a coach that name was "STUMP". Us tying the game in the 14 Championship game and losing the momentum to lose by 14. Sorry I have way more depressing Southern Times I could name but I want to stay positive in life. My other teams well y'all will have to interview me for that. Lmao.

Southern going Undefeated in 03 until Alcorn changed that by giving us our 1st post that year. Losing to Alabama State in the 04 SWAC Championship. Losing to PV in 06. Even went to that same stadium for a High School Football game last year. Losing to Texas Southern in our final game, I forgot the year. Stump Mitchell not even scoring one TD to at least beat MVSU. Plus, who wanted a coach that name was "STUMP". Us tying the game in the 14 Championship game and losing the momentum to lose by 14. Sorry I have way more depressing Southern Times I could name but I want to stay positive in life. My other teams well y'all will have to interview me for that. Lmao.
With us having 2 trips to the redzone in the 4th quarter ending in a turnover and a turnover on downs!!!!!! Then the unsportsmanlike penalty on 3rd and long (would have been 4th down with us still in the game) that gave Alcorn an automatic 1st and set them up for a TD.

Rockets- 97 Western Conference Finals. John bleeping Stockton. That was the only shot to finally have a chance at the Bulls and shut up the critics that say the Rockets only won those championships because Jordan was playing baseball.

That last 49ers super bowl loss hurt my soul. I think Thanksgiving 2014, watching the niners lay down and not even put up a fight was too much to deal with.

Back