What if Cam Newton acted like Popovich?

That's been pulled a looooooooooong time ago. He doesn't hold back. It's funny because he use to come on ESPN radio in Dallas from 9-12 but they recently replaced him with a replay of Mike and Mike.
Wow I didn't know they replaced him in that market...? A lot of southern markets hate Lebatard! Do you guys get Bomani Jones in the afternoon?

LeBatard isn't anti-black though. He spends a lot of time on his show sticking up for and supporting black athletes, especially those who are viewed by the public and media as controversial or thugs or who are viewed negatively.

I know that. I just pointed out to @Journalist that him being Cuban doesn't mean anything

I can never give the "mainstream media" the benefit of the doubt....BUT...in this case...for the sake of discussion....Pop is always a jerk to the media. Cam did himself in when he was dabbing and dancing. Then when he got hit in the mouth, he turns into a big baby. I'm not excusing the way people came down on Cam because I don't think he deserved all of that; and it was racial. But I'm just answering the question as LeBatard presented it....a comparison between Cam and Pop. If Cam always came across as annoyed with the media, that Super Bowl incident wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

Any black person, or a black athlete being defiant in that way, especially to the media, is always going to be met with disdain simply because those covering athletes who look like Cam Newton...don't look like Cam Newton. That's why Pop -- a white coach, albeit a successful one -- is able to get away with confronting the press like he does.

Back