What could have been. bianca jackson (daughter of Lew & Freda) commits to...

Just like all of us on here had the chance to make a decision on what school to attend, this young lady should also have the same chance. Just because her parents went to a particular school, or work at a particular school or whatever the case may be, should not automatically means she goes to the same school. If she decides to go to Carolina, then good for her. If she changes her mind and decides to go to ASU, then great for her. LOL. But at the end of the day, it should be her decision. And we can't sit here and knock her for making the choice that she wants. We all did.
Heck, and maybe the girl is tired of being under her mom and dad's watchful eyes. lol

What about the other 84? You know like I know...

Ben Simmons was at lsu cause of the food, the great music program? Lol

Ben Simmons majored in Sports Administration but of course he was just working on his basic classes so his transcript was a lot of physical ed courses.

The slave mentality of the great white man will never die. He kills blacks and discriminates against blacks and we still love to run his ball and brag on his school for a free education ride. I admire the way the slave master still controls the minds of his property. I's gonna fun that ball massa and be on TV for you boss. I's gonna get your school degree to degrade the other slaves boss. Thank ya boss you shoal is good to me.

I think you have this copied and pasted somewhere and you just bring it out once a month or so. People are quick to point out how PWI's screw over these kids but no one wants to say anything when their schools do basically the same lol

I've seen it on both sides...Ive seen PWC transfers come in and get lost cause they've even said they don't do anything from registration, housing, scheduling, classwork, etc.., other people take care of everything for them

I've seen it on both sides...Ive seen PWC transfers come in and get lost cause they've even said they don't do anything from registration, housing, scheduling, classwork, etc.., other people take care of everything for them

Is something wrong with that? Hell the military takes care of you that way. You think those kids at Annapolis are getting USED and taking BS classes? They may be the only student athletes who aint getting used in the country. Meaning all the service academy kids. They have everything laid out for them once they arrive. They have to do the work in the classroom. But they are setup before they even get on campus.

It's like I always told you. Athletes are not the end all be all no matter where they go to school. Most are not the smartest students in the land. It is what it is. The key is to TAKE Advantage of the opportunity and connections you can make if you do choose those programs. We can act like all our professors at our schools care. We know we got some that are sorry as hell and need to be fired. The use of the athlete is at every school except the military service academies. Because those kids already getting paid something and have a guaranteed job waiting on them with more than just a basket weaving degree. You have few choices there. Mostly Stem majors that will pay more money down the line. PV and SU got great Engineering programs. I bet less than 10% of each of our football teams are majoring in those disciplines.

Kind of no-brainer. Play for a team that has been ranked No.1 the past 2 seasons and is close to making it to the Final Four, or go play for a mid-major school that will automatically get a 14-16 seed and get sent home on opening night.
OR, Start at trend that gets other 4 and 5 stars to come HOME to OUR schools and watch how we compete and reach the final four. IT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE

Hell a lot of schools aren't good enough. Same reason why 99% of kids are going to choose Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, and Florida State over Grambling, Southern, FAMU and PV. Their programs are run better, they have better facilities, more money, can offer cost of attendance...I mean you can go on. You can't really expect these kids to settle when they have all of the opportunities in the world. You also can't expect them to settle for being on ESPN3 at best asides from the Bayou Classic when they can play on ABC, FOX or ESPN every Saturday. That's just the way it is and expecting otherwise is just silly.
So, HOW IN THE HELL DO WE EVER GET BACK TO GREATNESS? With that train of thought, how does Bama State and the rest ever get the great facilities, and cash flow? Do you not believe that IF the same team at Bama all transferred to ASU that we would automatically be top ten in the nation? Or, do you believe that the white man's coaches and project management skills are superior to any of our coaches? AS long as we support our OWN oppression, that crap will be easy for them.

So, HOW IN THE HELL DO WE EVER GET BACK TO GREATNESS? With that train of thought, how does Bama State and the rest ever get the great facilities, and cash flow? Do you not believe that IF the same team at Bama all transferred to ASU that we would automatically be top ten in the nation? Or, do you believe that the white man's coaches and project management skills are superior to any of our coaches? AS long as we support our OWN oppression, that crap will be easy for them.

Well you still got to coach the kids. We see bad coaching at LSU keeps them down. It's not relegated to just our schools. The other thing is we are are still FCS. So we would be ranked on the FCS level. The FBS schools would not play us if all the black kids came to our schools. They would load their teams up with nothing but white boys and it will be the 50 and 60s again. White fans will still go to see their own white kids play each other. Hell them mofos will be happy as lambs if our kids left their campuses. As long as ALL PWCS had no black kids. That's the issue. As soon as a Notre Dame or USC rolled out some black kids to beat them all white teams, they would be screaming bloody murder. But if all PWCs just played white players. They would care less about our kids being at our schools. Remember the only reason they are at those schools is to help them win.

we see, they know but we still refuse to understand how we (us) can turn the P5, etc. on its side overnight

LSU quarterbacks, etc. get death threats but no big time athlete as a group has made a stand to leave a P5 and attend an HBCU

but they'll kneel for the anthem....

OR, Start at trend that gets other 4 and 5 stars to come HOME to OUR schools and watch how we compete and reach the final four. IT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE
and play in front of crowds of 500? I can see if our fans were packing all of our games and donating tons of money to the programs, but that's just not happening. Having more talented teams is going to lead to our fans donating more money and supporting the teams?

When we had stars that went to the leagues, we had packed stadiums. A correlation exists between the two.

It will take a star Caucasian deciding to attend one of our schools to make it happen.

Same dynamic that has increased the value of my house.

and play in front of crowds of 500? I can see if our fans were packing all of our games and donating tons of money to the programs, but that's just not happening. Having more talented teams is going to lead to our fans donating more money and supporting the teams?

http://articles.philly.com/1994-11-01/sports/25868294_1_steve-mcnair-alcorn-cardell-jones

With Air II McNair, Alcorn football attendance has almost tripled, recruiting has improved, and the team already has played on national cable TV four times this season.

It's happened before.

Reactions: EB
And then a few years later, what happened?

you've already seen it. you prefer to live with negative expectations.before we get to a few years later, during that 4 years we sent numerous guys to the nfl, built a new football stadium, had the first serious fcs contender for the heisman, set all kinds of attendance records and had fbs schools afraid to schedule litle alcorn state.

now after that, the talent dried up, the coaching and support staff weren't great to begin with and it took all the way to hopson for someone to put the resources into the program that it takes to win. that flower begin to bloom again once it got some water and sunshine.

now. your own school has had its share of success or have you forgotten. that is why many jsu people want to build a 50k seat stadium. they remember averaging 44k a season. but i guess your a jsu child of the bell era so 2k is a big crowd to you. let me tell you it gets better than that.

Reactions: EB
you've already seen it. you prefer to live with negative expectations.before we get to a few years later, during that 4 years we sent numerous guys to the nfl, built a new football stadium, had the first serious fcs contender for the heisman, set all kinds of attendance records and had fbs schools afraid to schedule litle alcorn state.

now after that, the talent dried up, the coaching and support staff weren't great to begin with and it took all the way to hopson for someone to put the resources into the program that it takes to win. that flower begin to bloom again once it got some water and sunshine.

now. your own school has had its share of success or have you forgotten. that is why many jsu people want to build a 50k seat stadium. they remember averaging 44k a season. but i guess your a jsu child of the bell era so 2k is a big crowd to you. let me tell you it gets better than that.

He is from Southern not JSU.

Back