What could have been. bianca jackson (daughter of Lew & Freda) commits to...

Kind of no-brainer. Play for a team that has been ranked No.1 the past 2 season and is close to making it to the Final Four, or go play for a mid-major school that will automatically get a 14-16 seed and get sent home on opening night.
If this is the thinking I do not want to ever hear about Black folk not sending their kids to HBCUs. Evidently our schools are not good enough.

Off Topic: Damn this android pad

Last edited:
I personally believe DJ Williams would have been a better QB had he not played at GSU. As a matter of fact I think another coach would have moved him to receiver and may have been all SWAC and possibly playing in the league. Some may disagree but I think there was extra pressure on him. Moreover, I think if DJ would have come to GSU during Fobbs coaching administration he would be better.

i

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
ron hunter got his kid to play for him and so did the coach at detroit who's son left early and is in the league now (not the same are they?). it is the kids choice. my daughter is not considering a hbcu though both of her parents went to hbcus for undergrad.
so I understand it could have been an easy choice to play for south carolina and compete for a national championship, I also know what could have been. in basketball 1 player can be the difference maker. a four star player that plays like a 4 star can take a swac team that's a 15 seed and make them an 8 with a shot at the 2nd or 3rd round of the ncaa tourney. instead of playing florida state or south carolina in the first round you won't see them until round 2 or 3. that's all I was lamenting.
as far as we know she was coming to bama state unless this one school offers and guess what...

Never was going to bama state unfortunately

However, it's odd the pwc coaches can get their kids to play for them but hbcu kids at a high level go elsewhere when they could be the difference maker

Come on man, people really going to act like they don't get why this is? I mean, South Carolina is only the #2 ranked women's basketball team in the country lol. They only get to play, what, 4 other top 25 ranked teams in their own conference? I don't care where your parents are, you can't even act like you don't understand that decision. And the Tubby Smith comparison is silly, the guy coached at a perennial top 5 basketball school.

If this is the thinking I do want to ever hear about Black folk not sending their kids to HBCUs. Evidently our schools are not good enough.

Hell a lot of schools aren't good enough. Same reason why 99% of kids are going to choose Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, and Florida State over Grambling, Southern, FAMU and PV. Their programs are run better, they have better facilities, more money, can offer cost of attendance...I mean you can go on. You can't really expect these kids to settle when they have all of the opportunities in the world. You also can't expect them to settle for being on ESPN3 at best asides from the Bayou Classic when they can play on ABC, FOX or ESPN every Saturday. That's just the way it is and expecting otherwise is just silly.

Come on man, people really going to act like they don't get why this is? I mean, South Carolina is only the #2 ranked women's basketball team in the country lol. They only get to play, what, 4 other top 25 ranked teams in their own conference? I don't care where your parents are, you can't even act like you don't understand that decision. And the Tubby Smith comparison is silly, the guy coached at a perennial top 5 basketball school.
Mike Davis has a son who is pretty highly touted as a basketball player here in Houston. I seriously doubt that kid plays for anyone other than his dad in college. I'd say 90% chance he goes to TSU or whichever school his dad is coaching at the time.

I personally believe DJ Williams would have been a better QB had he not played at GSU. As a matter of fact I think another coach would have moved him to receiver and may have been all SWAC and possibly playing in the league. Some may disagree but I think there was extra pressure on him. Moreover, I think if DJ would have come to GSU during Fobbs coaching administration he would be better.

i
No comment

Mike Davis has a son who is pretty highly touted as a basketball player here in Houston. I seriously doubt that kid plays for anyone other than his dad in college. I'd say 90% chance he goes to TSU or whichever school his dad is coaching at the time.

So, basically ONE kid?

So you think that kid is going to go to TxSU even if Coach K or Roy W or any of those big name programs come after him? Or do you think some PWC going to offer Mike a HC job just to get his son?

It's waaaay to early to speculate on Freda and Lewis' daughter. There's still some time until the early signing period this fall. If she signs in a few weeks, then it's fo'sho she's gone.

But if she's as good as they say she is ... and is unhappy at South Carolina, then she could potentially go back to Alabama State and they have a nice run like Della Donne did when she left UConn to go back home to Delaware. She turned them into a Sweet 16 team.

So you think that kid is going to go to TxSU even if Coach K or Roy W or any of those big name programs come after him? Or do you think some PWC going to offer Mike a HC job just to get his son?
I feel that way. I may not be right but seriously think the kid will play for his dad.

It's waaaay to early to speculate on Freda and Lewis' daughter. There's still some time until the early signing period this fall. If she signs in a few weeks, then it's fo'sho she's gone.

But if she's as good as they say she is ... and is unhappy at South Carolina, then she could potentially go back to Alabama State and they have a nice run like Della Donne did when she left UConn to go back home to Delaware. She turned them into a Sweet 16 team.

True. That's why I said lets see what happens. They said USC had only 4 scholarships to give. So she may have to sign early to keep from losing her spot with them if they got others interested. Folks just get bent out of shape about where these kids go to school. I just want them to get an EDUCATION. I think we miss that if our hoping these kids come to our schools to help us MAKE MONEY. But in the long run, it is about that kid getting an education. It does the kid no good no matter where he or she goes if they don't use that scholarship to get their paper. We got former athletes from HBCUs who still didn't graduate. Or if they got a pro shot and made it. They spent their money somewhere else to finish their degree. But that is another topic. LOL.

I feel that way. I may not be right but seriously think the kid will play for his dad.

Oh I was just asking. I have not followed the kid at all. Didn't even know Mike had a son that was highly recruited. I know I am behind on the basketball scene as far as who are the next up and coming kids for 2017.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Oh I was just asking. I have not followed the kid at all. Didn't even know Mike had a son that was highly recruited. I know I am behind on the basketball scene as far as who are the next up and coming kids for 2017.
He is not "that" highly recruited going into his junior year. He has mid major offers right now but he will get some majors after this season.

Just like all of us on here had the chance to make a decision on what school to attend, this young lady should also have the same chance. Just because her parents went to a particular school, or work at a particular school or whatever the case may be, should not automatically means she goes to the same school. If she decides to go to Carolina, then good for her. If she changes her mind and decides to go to ASU, then great for her. LOL. But at the end of the day, it should be her decision. And we can't sit here and knock her for making the choice that she wants. We all did.

The slave mentality of the great white man will never die. He kills blacks and discriminates against blacks and we still love to run his ball and brag on his school for a free education ride. I admire the way the slave master still controls the minds of his property. I's gonna fun that ball massa and be on TV for you boss. I's gonna get your school degree to degrade the other slaves boss. Thank ya boss you shoal is good to me.

Its not like they will major in rocket science so lets put education out the door...those kids are at P5 schools for 1 reason only

She was great, but that Delaware team was also full of major conference transfers too.

Back