West Virginia's trash talk failed even more miserably than its vaunted press

Olde Hornet

One day these kids will learn:

Don't let your mouth write a check your arse can't cash

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-willie-cauley-stein-aaron-harrison/70529706/

If someone is going to beat Kentucky — and it's looking increasingly unlikely that that's going to happen this year — it's going to take more than words. Like maybe more field goals than fouls, something the Mountaineers couldn't manage.

"That's what happens when people try and trash talk to us," Aaron Harrison said.

"We wanted to prove a point to them. We wanted to make a statement."

A day after Daxter Miles Jr. brashly predicted that he and the Mountaineers would hand Kentucky its first loss, the only blemish after the Wildcats' 78-39 rout was West Virginia's severely bruised ego. It couldn't hang with Kentucky for even five minutes, let alone give the Wildcats a serious scare.

My wifey is a UK alum, she loved it. It was too funny to me, now he knows "let sleeping dogs lie" LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Him predicting a WVU victory wasn't so bad. But this dude went further and said Kentucky didn't play hard. He questioned their effort and intensity. That rubbed me the wrong way as a UK fan. He just found out the hard way theat if you knock on the Devil's door, somebody gonna eventually answer. You better be prepared when they do.

It was a bad matchup for West Virginia anyway. Notre Dame will do a much better job against Kentucky.

They can spread Kentucky out and pull their bigs away from the basket. Kentucky's advantage on defense is their size and the fact that they can just clog the lane and block the basket. Making perimeter shots and spreading the team out will open lanes for them to attack the basket. Their players have size, but don't enough speed to close those gaps when spread out.

This is what happens when you get NBA players angry.

More like semi-pro players. At first I thought it would take him longer, but this dude has become one of the best power forward/center in the NBA. If the Pelicans could have kept Chris Paul as their point guard, they could easily be a team in the finals.

8186716.jpg

They can spread Kentucky out and pull their bigs away from the basket. Kentucky's advantage on defense is their size and the fact that they can just clog the lane and block the basket. Making perimeter shots and spreading the team out will open lanes for them to attack the basket. Their players have size, but don't enough speed to close those gaps when spread out.

Man come on. Notre Dame don't stand a chance. I'll give Arizona and Duke a shot but the Notre Dame game will be over in the first 5 mins.

More like semi-pro players. At first I thought it would take him longer, but this dude has become one of the best power forward/center in the NBA. If the Pelicans could have kept Chris Paul as their point guard, they could easily be a team in the finals.

8186716.jpg

Dude is a beast man.

Man come on. Notre Dame don't stand a chance. I'll give Arizona and Duke a shot but the Notre Dame game will be over in the first 5 mins.
We shall see. Only way to beat Kentucky is to either have the size to match theirs, or to spread them out and use speed to attack their big men.

number1, stop hating man. I know you are a True Florida fan through and through but come on man.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

8186716.jpg

New Orleans wouldn't have probably been in the position to draft Davis if Paul was still on the team.

New Orleans wouldn't have probably been in the position to draft Davis if Paul was still on the team.

You might be right, but it would have been nice to see CP3 team up with him now. And since the Donald Sterling scandal and the downfall of the Lakers, Los Angeles doesn't seem like the most attractive place for a NBA basketball team, but I'm sure the Lakers will get back to the top eventually.

I am looking forward to the game tonight..........That is for WVU, that was a Molly Whooping and a hungry dog mauling a rag doll if I ever saw one!

laughing_smiley.gif

number1, stop hating man. I know you are a True Florida fan through and through but come on man.
Keep in mind, I never said Notre Dame was going to beat Kentucky, I just said they would be able to hang with them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Kentucky though.

Back