Von Miller committed penalty on Super Bowl clinching strip sack

Rated R Superstar

NFL Flims explained that Von Miller committed a penalty on the fourth quarter strip sack of Cam Newton when he batted the loose ball back toward the Panthers end zone during the scramble.

The ref closest to the play, however, did not see it because he fell down during the play.

If the illegal bat had been called, it would have been first down for Carolina.

Last edited:

Carolina still wasn't going to win this game. Denver had Cam and the Panthers shook

I don't think batting would have been the right call in that situation. Newton was grabbing for the ball. There is no way to prove he was trying bat it away vs simply recover it..... AND he was not facing the endzone...

If you are going to call that an illegal play....then you have to go back to the beginning of the play and call holding of the tackle because had hooked Miller's jersey and was pulling him down. Besides, watch the play and you see that Von wasn't trying swat the ball away, but was trying to grip it with one hand and trap it.

If you are going to call that an illegal play....then you have to go back to the beginning of the play and call holding of the tackle because had hooked Miller's jersey and was pulling him down. Besides, watch the play and you see that Von wasn't trying swat the ball away, but was trying to grip it with one hand and trap it.
Yep holding. Offsetting penalties. Replay 3rd down. LOL

I told people the fix was on, but most of kook-aid drinkers believe everything that the dummy box called television show. I am a Steelers Fan and I believe the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl was fixed as well with the phantom holding call that was not called holding all year long.

Tennis and Soccer might be more corrupt than the NFL!

Keep thinking that sports events cannot be fixed! The Mob is involved in sports betting big time!

I'm not saying that sports can't be fixed. I'm saying that THIS GAME wasn't fixed. People crying and bitching about it for the last 4 days. Cam lost and nutted up in that game. Denver front 7 just punked Carolina. I can say the same for Carolina's defense doing the same to Peyton and Co.

I'm not saying that sports can't be fixed. I'm saying that THIS GAME wasn't fixed. People crying and bitching about it for the last 4 days. Cam lost and nutted up in that game. Denver front 7 just punked Carolina. I can say the same for Carolina's defense doing the same to Peyton and Co.

They took the catch away, the mugging of Carolina receivers all game on stuff that was called pass interference during the regular season. Talib was offside on the field goal attempt. All set up for the the All-American Guy Manning to get number two and go out a winner. Just like the Pittsburgh Super Bowl win over Seattle to make sure Jerome Bettis goes out a winner. Name some calls that went Carolina's way? The rule is clear, you cannot hit the ball and you can clearly see he did. Did you really think they were going to let Peyton lose? Get real!

They took the catch away, the mugging of Carolina receivers all game on stuff that was called pass interference during the regular season. Talib was offside on the field goal attempt. All set up for the the All-American Guy Manning to get number two and go out a winner. Just like the Pittsburgh Super Bowl win over Seattle to make sure Jerome Bettis goes out a winner. Name some calls that went Carolina's way? The rule is clear, you cannot hit the ball and you can clearly see he did. Did you really think they were going to let Peyton lose? Get real!

You get real. Refs mess up all the time in the league. The only call I didn't agree with was the incomplete pass in the 1st half. Other than that, it was fine with me. Go complain about not watching the NBA or something like you normally do.

You can't fix a game on a big stage like that.. and especially NOT the WHOLE game. Maybe if it was close at the end, I could see someone say that maybe ONE play at the end was used to fix a game. ... but not this... If you have a good offense. no way you can be stopped the WHOLE game.

You get real. Refs mess up all the time in the league. The only call I didn't agree with was the incomplete pass in the 1st half. Other than that, it was fine with me. Go complain about not watching the NBA or something like you normally do.

You can't fix a game on a big stage like that.. and especially NOT the WHOLE game. Maybe if it was close at the end, I could see someone say that maybe ONE play at the end was used to fix a game. ... but not this... If you have a good offense. no way you can be stopped the WHOLE game.

I am sure the game was fine for your, because the team you wanted to win won the game. If it went the other way, the Manning fans would still be crying. Dr. Phreeze, you are not man enough to tell me to stop complaining because just like you have a right to your opinion, I have a right to mine.

If they cannot fix sporting events, why do they call it now sports entertainment? It did not matter to me who won because it was not the Steelers playing. The spell box tv got you believing whatever they say. Just want to see something on the up and up. The Broncos got the offside call on the field goal attempt that should have been a re-kick, the catch and mugging the Carolina Receives, which was being called pass interference, and not all of sudden, they were no calls, a flag was picked up on a pass interfence, and never explained why it was reversed, just said 4th down and moved on. Tell me one call that was questioned went against the Broncos? Please tell me? Anyone that bet on professional or college sports is a fool!

You can't make as many mistakes as Carolina did and then blame the refs.

Cam Newton committed three turnovers by himself that led to 15 Denver points. That can't happen.

As quiet kept, one of the biggest plays in the Super Bowl was the 61-yard punt return by Denver. The Panthers gunners not tackling the returner was a costly mental error.

You can come out with all the conspiracy theories you want, but the Panthers did not help their cause.

I am sure the game was fine for your, because the team you wanted to win won the game. If it went the other way, the Manning fans would still be crying. Dr. Phreeze, you are not man enough to tell me to stop complaining because just like you have a right to your opinion, I have a right to mine.

If they cannot fix sporting events, why do they call it now sports entertainment? It did not matter to me who won because it was not the Steelers playing. The spell box tv got you believing whatever they say. Just want to see something on the up and up. The Broncos got the offside call on the field goal attempt that should have been a re-kick, the catch and mugging the Carolina Receives, which was being called pass interference, and not all of sudden, they were no calls, a flag was picked up on a pass interfence, and never explained why it was reversed, just said 4th down and moved on. Tell me one call that was questioned went against the Broncos? Please tell me? Anyone that bet on professional or college sports is a fool!

Just stop man. Your comments are nonsensical right now. I'm not a fan of either team so I have no clue why you are wasting your time trying to explain your conspiracy theories about a fix while Carolina hurt themselves with all the penalties in the game. If you really read what I said in the other thread about the game, I was leaning towards Carolina to win the game. I said it once and I'll say it again. Mike Oher and the other tackles were punk'd all game and committed false starts because the Broncos made them nervous in the trenches. That's where the game was won. Just say you wanted a black QB to win and call it a day. It's evident brother.

Last edited:
Just stop man. Your comments are nonsensical right now. I'm not a fan of either team so I have no clue why you are wasting your time trying to explain your conspiracy theories about a fix while Carolina hurt themselves with all the penalties in the game. If you really read what I said in the other thread about the game, I was leaning towards Carolina to win the game. I said it once and I'll say it again. Mike Oher and the other tackles were punk'd all game and committed false starts because the Broncos made them nervous in the trenches. That's where the game was won. Just say you wanted a black QB to win and call it a day. It's evident brother.

No, I wanted Pittsburgh to win, but since they did not make it, I just watched as a fan. I have no problem with Denver winning, but you knew they was not going to let Peyton lose, no matter what. I guess Talib being offside, and the defense pass penalty flag being picked up with no explanation was ref mistakes, interesting, none was made against Denver. Every 50/50 call going Denver's way. Now, tell me one questionable call that went Carolina's way. Most of this sports stuff with billions of dollars on the line is sometimes on the fix. But the dummy box called the television can say the sky is red, when we can see it is blue and you will be believe them.

No, I wanted Pittsburgh to win, but since they did not make it, I just watched as a fan. I have no problem with Denver winning, but you knew they was not going to let Peyton lose, no matter what. I guess Talib being offside, and the defense pass penalty flag being picked up with no explanation was ref mistakes, interesting, none was made against Denver. Every 50/50 call going Denver's way. Now, tell me one questionable call that went Carolina's way. Most of this sports stuff with billions of dollars on the line is sometimes on the fix. But the dummy box called the television can say the sky is red, when we can see it is blue and you will be believe them.

I believe whatever hell I want to believe. It's you who wants to think everyone is sheep if they don't have the same thoughts as you about that game. That's a personal problem that you have to deal with. Keep on crying about those calls that didn't even decide the outcome of the game. I'm finished with this.

Last edited:
I believe whatever hell I want to believe. It's you who wants to think everyone is sheep if they don't have the same thoughts as you about this game. That's a personal problem that you have to deal with. Keep on crying about those calls that didn't even decide the outcome of the game. I'm finished with this.

You are right, you and your opinion is finished! Those calls might not have decided the game, but for the integrity of the game, make the right call. Not crying, just stating facts that you call crying, unless it is your team that lost, then you want us all to hear you out.

I told people the fix was on, but most of kook-aid drinkers believe everything that the dummy box called television show. I am a Steelers Fan and I believe the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl was fixed as well with the phantom holding call that was not called holding all year long.

Tennis and Soccer might be more corrupt than the NFL!

Conspiracy theories exist because folks just can't accept reality.

Last edited:
Back