US News Historically Black Colleges and Universities Ranking

MetroPhillyTiger

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/hbcu

These historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) were compared only with one another for these rankings. In order to be on the list, a school must be currently designated by the U.S. Department of Education as an HBCU. To qualify for the U.S. News rankings, an HBCU also must be an undergraduate baccalaureate-granting institution that enrolls primarily first-year, first-time students and must be a school that is part of the 2017 Best Colleges rankings.

1. Spelman College
2. Howard University
3. Hampton University
4. Morehouse College
4. Tuskegee University
6. Xavier University of Louisiana
7. Florida A&M University
8. Fisk University
9. Claffin University
10. North Carolina A&T State University
11. Tougaloo College
12. Dillard University
13. North Carolina Central University
14. Delaware State University
15. Johnson C. Smith University
16. Jackson State University
17. Bennett College
18. Clark Atlanta University
19. Elizabeth City State University
20. Lincoln University
20. Morgan State University

22 Tennessee State
24 Alcorn
26 Alabama A&M
30 Prairie View
35 Alabama St
35 UABP
40 Grambling, Southern
44 MSVU, TXSU

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/hbcu

These historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) were compared only with one another for these rankings. In order to be on the list, a school must be currently designated by the U.S. Department of Education as an HBCU. To qualify for the U.S. News rankings, an HBCU also must be an undergraduate baccalaureate-granting institution that enrolls primarily first-year, first-time students and must be a school that is part of the 2017 Best Colleges rankings.

1. Spelman College
2. Howard University
3. Hampton University
4. Morehouse College
4. Tuskegee University
6. Xavier University of Louisiana
7. Florida A&M University
8. Fisk University
9. Claffin University
10. North Carolina A&T State University
11. Tougaloo College
12. Dillard University
13. North Carolina Central University
14. Delaware State University
15. Johnson C. Smith University
16. Jackson State University
17. Bennett College
18. Clark Atlanta University
19. Elizabeth City State University
20. Lincoln University
20. Morgan State University

22 Tennessee State
24 Alcorn
26 Alabama A&M
30 Prairie View
35 Alabama St
35 UABP
40 Grambling, Southern
44 MSVU, TXSU

Claffin University?

A brother has learned about a HBCU, that when the good Lord woke me this morning and my feet hit the ground, I had never heard of before. South Carolina, the home of my Gullah-Gullah ancestry.

The ranking don't make sense, when half of the private school are not even close in federal research funding.. That is one of many things.. I think the ranking especially for the top 7ish.. Are based off endowments

U.S. News. As someone who works in Higher Ed policy.. It is utter bullshat but people follow these rankings like the bible.

Thanks for you saying that Pop. I often laugh at these with the East Coast and private school bias. Even the PWC ones are like that. Like I said, at the end of the day. All our HBCUs are doing what we need them to do.. Educate and graduate more of us into the work place. Some schools have notable programs that speak for themselves. Just like the PWCs do.

U.S. News. As someone who works in Higher Ed policy.. It is utter bullshat but people follow these rankings like the bible.

You have remained consistent in your stance regarding these type of rankings over the years. Thanks for not running out of breath doing so.

Back