TV games according composite schedule (certain schools will be mad)

the band fan

Baseball Fan
http://swac.org/06-07/football/06fbcomposite.htm

I guess the ESPN love fest has ended and according to the composite schedule, only a handful of games are picked up by NATIONAL television. The local channels, SU may have some but if your ain't in the market, your out of luck.

1. Grambling vs Hampton - ESPN2 - Sept. 2
2. Tennessee State vs Jackson State - ESPN something - Sept. 16
3. Grambling at Valley - lists question marks but possible TV - Oct. 7
4. Alabama State vs jackson - CSTV - Oct. 7
5. Skeege and Bama State - CSTV - Nov. 23
6. SU vs GSU - NBC - Nov. 25

if this is true and nothing changes

GSU - 3 appearances
Ala. ST - 2
JSU - 2 appearances
MVSU - 1
SU - 1

Well what did anybody expect to happen "IF" this is true? I mean you have a new network that hadn't saturated our market, that you have to buy a completely new system for but free in other markets that aren't "OURS".

Anybody with an ounce of common sense could see this coming. This is simply another example of "ALL" our leaders not having a clue and too stupid or too arrogant to ask those that do.

They were simply doing what corporate America does. Using or trying to use the a community to help jump start a new venture, which actually I have no problem with.

What I do have a problem with is the continuous ignorance from leadership (if you can call it that) that repeatedly make the same mistake over again and again and again.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
you would be surprised how hard it is for people who "know" the game can't get jobs at SWAC Institutions to make decisions but people who don't "know" the game get jobs like a fish finds water.

Out of the 10 ADs in the SWAC as I type....one or two has actually negotiated a serious television contract with major revenue involved. Now when those folks get into a meeting with a room filled with several who never has I love to see what the side who hasn't comes up with.

I figured the ESPNU deal was too good to be true when it comes to longterm. Having two games at PV in back-to-back weekends was damn near unheard of. But the quality of stadiums had a decision in the reduction of games among other things I won't even begin to waste my time typing.

We had games on Foxsports in 2004 which mysteriously dissappeared, MBC which switched formats, BET twice a year, etc. At this current rate, we are going to out of the TV business.

This is not the final schedule for ESPN games. Unlike last year, this season, ESPN is treating the SWAC like it treats all other conferences -- they'll be informing the conference schools the week before of the game(s) they'll be broadcasting the following week. So, if you're school is doing well and playing another school that's doing rather well, ESPN will notify the conference the week before those two schools play.

Last year was an odd situation because the conference has this screwed up deal with CSTV. Because of that, ESPN had to lay out the schedule for the whole year and couldn't have free reign to pick and choose. This year's deal is a better one for the conference. Last year, the conference would've probably had a few more games broadcast, and probably a few more on espn2 had it not been for the preseason scheduling requirement.

TheReporter said:
This is not the final schedule for ESPN games. Unlike last year, this season, ESPN is treating the SWAC like it treats all other conferences -- they'll be informing the conference schools the week before of the game(s) they'll be broadcasting the following week. So, if you're school is doing well and playing another school that's doing rather well, ESPN will notify the conference the week before those two schools play.

Last year was an odd situation because the conference has this screwed up deal with CSTV. Because of that, ESPN had to lay out the schedule for the whole year and couldn't have free reign to pick and choose. This year's deal is a better one for the conference. Last year, the conference would've probably had a few more games broadcast, and probably a few more on espn2 had it not been for the preseason scheduling requirement.

This make sense because the ESPNU games are not even listed and the contract(which runs through 2012) says 7 games a year will be shown.

http://swac.org/04-05/news/espnu0214.htm

Jag Voice said:
This make sense because the ESPNU games are not even listed and the contract(which runs through 2012) says 7 games a year will be shown.

http://swac.org/04-05/news/espnu0214.htm

That's the way they did last year.
Most of the time I didn't know who was playing until the day before or that day when I tuned in.

It was cool though...................I saw a lot of HBCU/1-AA football every week.

One also has to consider that the ESPN(U) organization had major issues with scheduling HBCU programs for Thursday night broadcasting purposes.

Jafus (Thinker) said:
One also has to consider that the ESPN(U) organization had major issues with scheduling HBCU programs for Thursday night broadcasting purposes.

Translation??

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
tbf I thought you would already know this. Y'all are moving too quickly to judgement. ESPN wants to broadcast the best games possible, and can't do that picking the games 3-4 months in advance. We gotta learn to conform with the times. Unless it's a private TV deal between your school and the broadcast company, you won't know which games will be played until a week or so before hand. That's the nature of the beast.

I do hope we work out this Thursday night game situation. IMO, there should be some compensation pay for potential lost revenue. Thursday night games are a risk no matter who you are.

mighty hornet said:
damn, look at all those tape-delayed games.

:smh:

10PM tape delay at that.. :lmao:

Yep, but that is what their high and mighty azzez wanted. Remember BET tape delay was not good enough for them. Maybe the white man's tape delay is better.

Imagine, the SWAC had an exclusive deal with BET years ago under Rudy but.....nevermind.

I would assume ESPNU is more money than BET.

Back