True or nah?

tony11

The state should force "state" schools to play one another on a rotating basis. It's good for the economy and the fans no matter who wins. LSU could rotate ULL, ULM and La Tech every three years and ULL, ULM and La Tech could rotate NSU, McNeese, SLU, Nicholls, Southern and Grambling every three years. The money would trickle down. Very simple, very easy and it could look like this:
2015 -- LSU vs. La Tech -- 800,000 payout
La Tech vs. Southern, Grambling -- 400,000 payout total or 200,000 each (keep 400,000 from LSU game)
ULL vs. McNeese, NSU -- 400,000 payout total
ULM vs. Nicholls, Southeastern -- 400,000 payout total
2016 -- LSU vs. ULL -- 800,000 payout
ULL vs. Southern, Grambling -- 400,000 payout total (keep 400,000 from LSU game)
ULM vs. McNeese, NSU -- 400,000 payout total
La Tech vs. Nicholls, SLU -- 400,000 payout total
2017 -- LSU vs. ULM -- 800,000 payout
ULM vs. Southern, Grambling -- 400,000 payout total (keep 400,000 from LSU game)
La Tech vs. NSU, McNeese -- 400,000 payout total
ULL vs. Nicholls, SLU -- 400,000 payout total
This may not be a perfect formula, but it's a start. Keep the money in state as often as possible.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Nope. No way the other state FCS schools should get the same payouts from the smaller FBS schools as SU and GSU.

Tony,
That's sounds great in theory. South Carolina implemented that a few years ago. Keep the $$$ in state.
But in reality, other factors will begin to swarm in (as already mentioned).
1) Everyone request different amounts of payout. The added band attraction HBCU's bring would demand for more payout....as well as travel distance.
2) When "certain" schools start requesting playing in state for $$$$, the state will then comment on why to keep the smaller, lesser $$$ schools open.

In LA, the state is already chopping higher learning budgets.

Tony,
That's sounds great in theory. South Carolina implemented that a few years ago. Keep the $$$ in state.
1) Everyone request different amounts of payout. The added band attraction HBCU's bring would demand for more payout....as well as travel distance.
2) When "certain" schools start requesting playing in state for $$$$, the state will then comment on why to keep the smaller, lesser $$$ schools open.

I have no idea how they're going to fix this mess that Jindal left either. $750 million deficit for this fiscal year, then close to $2 billion for the next fiscal year.

I think it's a good idea, I agree McNeese,State Nicholls State, NSU, SELA should not get the same as SU AND GSU, but I think it's a good idea, if they could create a way to play eachother, LSU, ULL ULM, TULANE LATECH

After next season, LSU will be the only Louisiana D-1 school that we haven't played in football.

Someone that lives in SC, i can tell you that what USC and Clemson does doing the rotation model actually works..

Tony,

I would agree with the bolded. It sounds good to the common person but as we know politics is also the elephant in the room. In LA, Grambling and Southern do have the right to ask for more from LSU because of their fan bases BUT ULL and Tulane are not gonna want to get paid less than two FCS (HBCU) schools.

Here in MS, we know MSU is open to playing the SWAC schools (since all the FCS schools in MS are SWAC schools) but we saw Ole Miss would rather pay Boise State 950K than paying JSU 500-600K (going by what Auburn is paying AAMU). Arkansas won't do it with the other D1 schools in the state. Can't remember the last time Alabama played an in-state school not named Auburn

The hard truth of the matter is that Grambling or Southern doesn't have the right to ask for more because

1) They don't have the same fan base

2) LSU doesn't need either of them.

So let's not get it twisted

Last edited:
I think 500,000 to 600,000 is not going to kill LSU PLAYING SU OR GSU, ON A ROTATION BASICS would we be every 5, years, ULL, ULM, LATECH, AND TULANE LSU,

THAT IS PURE FACT, ,

Who said it was going to kill them or put any strain on them? Ironically I wouldn't be surprise at all after finally realizing the mess that Jindal left the state in that this actually does come to fruition.

Honestly...........I wouldn't want the State of LA politicians making decisions on schitt to do with athletics. Them fools got enough problems to deal with. Damn Jindal took a dump on us and didn't flush the toilet!!!! Now, JBE gotta go in with the plunger and get it straight.

The hard truth of the matter is that Grambling or Southern doesn't have the right to ask for more because

1) They don't have the same fan base

2) LSU doesn't need either of them.

So let's not get it twisted
They would be asking for more from the schools other than LSU. Heck we got more than 200k from LaTech last season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back